sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
However, we kill and assassinate for secularism. For what any scholar would call secular ideology. Not religion. Democracy and capitalism is what US crusader wars are for.

The United States does not war to spread Christian theocracy
but to imply that the United States spent billions of dollars to invade Iraq in order to spread Christianity or because of supposed Christian eschatological beliefs is simply ludicrou
[FONT=&quot]s[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I think the above posts has it just about right![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I cannot think of any US war that was fought to spread Christianity can you?
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of course if you can connect America as the model for Christianity then quote all the atrocities that America has committed then you can look pretty good in bashing Christianity. True Christianity is what Jesus Christ taught and demonstrated not what America does in its wars.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]True Christianity is not about wars but about reconciling mankind back to God. Jesus made it very simple when He said[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 22[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]37[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Jesus replied: “ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’c 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’d 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Checking the OP again, if religion A has a theocratic doctrine and religion B does not, I don't know how else people in B are supposed to respond to constantly hearing that A has theocratic intentions and are serious about it. The very name, for ex., of the major city of Ethiopia is House of Islam (Dar Es Salaam) which refers to the construct inherent in Islam that a group is either dar Islam or dar infidel/war (to be battled).

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,540.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
"Last month, the Washington DC-based Physicians for Social Responsibility (PRS) released a landmark study concluding that the death toll from 10 years of the “War on Terror” since the 9/11 attacks is at least 1.3 million, and could be as high as 2 million."

"According to the figures explored here, total deaths from Western interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan since the 1990s - from direct killings and the longer-term impact of war-imposed deprivation - likely constitute around 4 million (2 million in Iraq from 1991-2003, plus 2 million from the “war on terror”), and could be as high as 6-8 million people when accounting for higher avoidable death estimates in Afghanistan.

Such figures could well be too high, but will never know for sure. US and UK armed forces, as a matter of policy, refuse to keep track of the civilian death toll of military operations - they are an irrelevant inconvenience."

Unworthy Victims: Western Wars Have Killed Four Million Muslims Since 1990

Who's who in the war on terror again?

Upvote 0

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,284.00
Faith
Atheist
Checking the OP again, if religion A has a theocratic doctrine and religion B does not, I don't know how else people in B are supposed to respond to constantly hearing that A has theocratic intentions and are serious about it. The very name, for ex., of the major city of Ethiopia is House of Islam (Dar Es Salaam) which refers to the construct inherent in Islam that a group is either dar Islam or dar infidel/war (to be battled).
(bolding mine)

Nice try. Do you just make this stuff up?

from wikipedia:
Dar es Salaam
(Arabic: دار السلام‎ Dār as-Salām, literally "The residence of peace"), formerly Mzizima, is Tanzania's largest and richest city,

And Christians have have ChristChurch, New Zealand.

Thank you for helping to demonstrate Christians and Muslims are opposite sides of the same coin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Muslims sometimes fight against each other (Sunni/Shiite),

Sometimes? Sunnis are killing Shiites, and Shiites are killing Sunnis practically every day in what's called sectarian violence. The one sect doesn't recognize the legitimacy of the other. It is very much about religion.

Upvote 0

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,284.00
Faith
Atheist
"Sometimes?" Sunnis are killing Shiites, and Shiites are killing Sunnis practically every day in what's called sectarian violence. The one sect doesn't recognize the legitimacy of the other. It is very much about religion.

"practically ever day" would be "sometimes," and not "always".

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"practically ever day" would be "sometimes," and not "always".

You're right. 5 or 6 days a week/multiple times every single month, is closer to 'sometimes' than it is to 'always'. What was I thinking?! If we really applied ourselves, if we really put forth the effort, we could break it down by hours and claim that since it isn't 24/7 continuous every single day, it must therefore be a rare anomaly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,284.00
Faith
Atheist
You're right. 5 or 6 days a week/multiple times every single month, is closer to 'sometimes' than it is to 'always'. What was I thinking?!

I guess you weren't thinking factually, because you are correct.

If we really applied ourselves, if we really put forth the effort, we could break it down by hours and claim that since it isn't 24/7 continuous every single day, it must therefore be a rare anomaly.

You can have whatever fantasies you want.

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What has happened in the Central African Republic is horrific. I wouldn't say it's as one-sided as the OP makes it out to be; reality is rarely as black and white as that. However, Central African Christians have done some pretty horrible stuff on their Muslim neighbours, and Jesus certainly wouldn't have approved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,284.00
Faith
Atheist
What has happened in the Central African Republic is horrific. I wouldn't say it's as one-sided as the OP makes it out to be; reality is rarely as black and white as that. However, Central African Christians have done some pretty horrible stuff on their Muslim neighbours, and Jesus certainly wouldn't have approved.

My premise, as I've stated in this thread, is that both Muslims and Christians are human beings, both have loved, and been loved, both feel the same pain when a loved one is killed.

But what I see is Muslims saying how terrible Christians are, and Christians saying how terrible Muslims are, while both claiming they are the religion of peace. And when someone of their religion commits an atrocity, that individual aren't a true Muslim/Christian.

Both quote their scripture to prove they are peaceful, both quote the other's scripture to prove the others are evil. Both accuse the other side of misinterpreting their scripture.

So, I believe that Christians and Muslims are very similar.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
My premise, as I've stated in this thread, is that both Muslims and Christians are human beings, both have loved, and been loved, both feel the same pain when a loved one is killed.

But what I see is Muslims saying how terrible Christians are, and Christians saying how terrible Muslims are, while both claiming they are the religion of peace. And when someone of their religion commits an atrocity, that individual aren't a true Muslim/Christian.

Both quote their scripture to prove they are peaceful, both quote the other's scripture to prove the others are evil. Both accuse the other side of misinterpreting their scripture.

So, I believe that Christians and Muslims are very similar.

Why wouldn't we be similar? We're all humans after all. Plus, we are both Abrahamic faiths that revere many of the same prophets, share much of the same stories, and worship the same God.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why wouldn't we be similar? We're all humans after all. Plus, we are both Abrahamic faiths that revere many of the same prophets, share much of the same stories, and worship the same God.

Christ is God. Muslims don't believe that and deny Christ as they don't worship Him. How exactly is it that we worship the same God then?

Upvote 0

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,284.00
Faith
Atheist

My point exactly.

But most of the people I've been discussing this with feel that Muslims are very different from Christians. The overarching theme has been that Christians are peaceful and Muslims are violent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,284.00
Faith
Atheist
"Last month, the Washington DC-based Physicians for Social Responsibility (PRS) released a landmark study concluding that the death toll from 10 years of the “War on Terror” since the 9/11 attacks is at least 1.3 million, and could be as high as 2 million."

"According to the figures explored here, total deaths from Western interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan since the 1990s - from direct killings and the longer-term impact of war-imposed deprivation - likely constitute around 4 million (2 million in Iraq from 1991-2003, plus 2 million from the “war on terror”), and could be as high as 6-8 million people when accounting for higher avoidable death estimates in Afghanistan.

Such figures could well be too high, but will never know for sure. US and UK armed forces, as a matter of policy, refuse to keep track of the civilian death toll of military operations - they are an irrelevant inconvenience."

Unworthy Victims: Western Wars Have Killed Four Million Muslims Since 1990

Who's who in the war on terror again?

Four million Muslims killed is equivalent to the holocaust. It sure doesn't get the same coverage. I wonder if people think it's better to be severely maimed by a bomb, and then die a slow torturous death, than to be gassed to death? Personally I would choose gas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Senator Cheese

Master of Cheese
Feb 4, 2014
✟16,414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Four million Muslims killed is equivalent to the holocaust. It sure doesn't get the same coverage. I wonder if people think it's better to be severely maimed by a bomb, and then die a slow torturous death, than to be gassed to death? Personally I would choose gas.

Because, as we all know, the United States and her allies are deliberately targeting Muslim civillians in a quest to exterminate Islam. The reason there are so many left to kill is just because all those precision guided missiles aren't precise enough. If only we used the bombs from WWII - those were nifty little critters that could burn entire cities in a night!

Equating deliberate genocide including the persecution of refugees with collateral damage from bomb strikes is outright pathetic.
Even more so, considering the fact that LBAM is a known supporter of Al-Qaeda and you'd be the first to be decapitated by her heroes if push came to shove.

Reactions: Avid
Upvote 0

classicalhero

Jun 9, 2013
Perth,Western Australia
✟11,338.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Kill them all, men, women and children:
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13)
The context is that the people being killed are worshippers of false Gods. Do you know what they did in their worship? That's right, one aspect of their worship was to sacrifice children to their gods. Perhaps you are for the sacrifice of children then?

If even one person is a non-believer, kill and destroy the entire town:
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. (Deuteronomy 13:13-15)

If anyone in your family is a non-believer, kill them:
If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12)

Kill the non-believer:
Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden. When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5)
Everyone of them is above those who worship the gods around them. They were nasty pieces of work, but you must find things necessary for their worship as being acceptable? Yes or no? Considering that they were murdering children, the law says that anyone who murders is to be put to death. God is rather consistent in his teachings.

Kill all the non-believers:
[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me." ([/FONT][FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]Luke 19:27)[/FONT]
[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica] Do you realise that this is [/FONT]from a parable and the reaction of how a ruler would react in the situation. Clearly you have no clue about what you are talking about and prove your username is a false attribute about yourself. Not once have you thought for yourself and repeated numerous talking points we have heard before. You are an intellectual lightweight.

====================================

I got lot's more, but I think I've made my point. Your turn.
Considering your previous work, I am not that worried. What you are doing is just pointless since you don't consider the context of the text.

Upvote 0

ThinkForYourself

Nov 8, 2013
✟2,284.00
Faith
Atheist
The context is that the people being killed are worshippers of false Gods. Do you know what they did in their worship? That's right, one aspect of their worship was to sacrifice children to their gods. Perhaps you are for the sacrifice of children then?

So, to use your logic, if Christianity sacrifices children, then it is perfectly justifiable to kill Christians.

Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.” Exodus 22:18.

African Children Denounced As "Witches" By Christian Pastors

Nwanaokwo Edet was one of an increasing number of children in Africa accused of witchcraft by pastors and then tortured or killed, often by family members. Pastors were involved in half of 200 cases of "witch children.

Christians sacrifice children, so you must believe Muslims are perfectly justified when they murder Christians. Just so you know, I completely disagree with you, and think it is wrong to kill Christians, and Muslims.

Thank you for helping to make my point that Christians and Muslims are opposite sides of the same coin.

Upvote 0