Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Don't confuse my words.. There is truly nothing for the Christian to worry about regardless of what happens..

As for your statement above, I find it contemptuous to what we are instructed by Christ to do, which is watch, and know the signs of the times.

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Joh 14:29 "Now I have told you before it happens, so that when it happens, you may believe.

Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.

Luk_21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Mat 16:3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowring. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

1Th_5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Rev_3:3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

How often do you actually open up your Bible?

You do realize I was actually quoting the Bible right?

Mark 13:32, Acts 1:7

I open my Bible regularly enough to know what Jesus said in regard to nobody knowing the day and hour, and that it's not our business to know the times and seasons. Ours is to be watchful, not trying to divine the future, but to keep ourselves ever ready, "For you do not know when the time will come." And because we are to be in the business of being faithful to Christ here and now, regardless of what tomorrow brings.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
in the Spirit ... God willing ...
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Parousia could happen at any moment. But it shouldn't be any more luxurious to speak of centuries to come anymore than talking about next Tuesday. Both may not show up, but it's not worth it worrying about tomorrow, as our Lord Himself says we ought not worry about tomorrow; and also that it is not ours to know the times and seasons that the Father has established.

-CryptoLutheran

i would agree it's not worth worrying about ... we should be more worried about if we are ready than when, imo ...

Acts 1:7 ... the ascension ... And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

i believe, first, Jesus answered in this manner concerning their specific question ... not as a general principle ...

we have other verses that point us to the necessity of knowing the season ... the entire Bible is based on agriculture, harvest, and such ... even the children are referred to as wheat or tares ... one ought to know what season one would be harvested in ...

Matthew 24:32-33 ...the parable of the fig tree ... Jesus saith ... Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When isbranch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, yeeknow that summer is niigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall se all these tings, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Mark 13:28 ... the coming of the Son of man ... Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near.

leaves ... not fruit ...

Luke 21:29-31 ... the parable of the fig tree ... And he spake to them a parable,; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees; When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand. So, likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

Matthew 24:20 ... But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day.

why would Jesus tell us to pray it not be in the winter ... because we would be harvested out of season ... in agriculture harvest is not in the winter ... and how will we know if it's the right season if we don't have a clue about the seasons ...

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and that it's not our business to know the times and seasons.

-CryptoLutheran

Can you show me this in the Bible?

I literally just showed you the opposite.

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now I see what you are pulling this verse from, its context..

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Catholics have a funny way of interpreting the Bible..

I shouldn't go much further than that..

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Now I see what you are pulling this verse from, its context..

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Catholics have a funny way of interpreting the Bible..

I shouldn't go much further than that..

I fail to see how it's pulled out of context. The disciples are asking a specifically eschatological question, still believing the kingdom of God involves the restoration of Israel; Jesus instead tells them it's not their business to know the times and seasons the Father has in store--instead turning their attention to wait in Jerusalem to receive the promised Holy Spirit. This is, in effect, Jesus answering their very specific question of "Will you now restore the kingdom to Israel", Jesus tells them it's not their business to know the times and the seasons, and in effect offers a sly wink "Just you wait" because Pentecost is just around the corner.

Nothing in the Scriptures you provided says we are either able to, or are supposed to know, the dates, times, seasons etc; instead they are reminders for us to be vigilant and remember that He comes when we do not know.

Also, I'm not Roman Catholic. I'm Lutheran, as indicated by my faith icon. You're likely noticing where it says "Wittenberg Catholic", which is my playful way of saying "Lutheran". Because as a Lutheran I consider myself a Catholic Christian; that is a member of the Church catholic as confessed in the Creeds--the one holy catholic and apostolic church. And a confessor of the ancient catholic and apostolic Christian faith.

So while I have no problem that you refer to me as "Catholic", but experience has taught me that when people generally refer me as "Catholic" they are under the misunderstanding that I'm a Roman Catholic.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

stevenfrancis

Disciple
Dec 28, 2012
United States
Visit site
✟40,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If in the near future ANY man tries to unite the world religions, BEWARE..

The beast is not going to deny Christ, they are going to rebrand him.

The reason this year has 7 blockbuster movies about the Bible is because they are not going to refute Jesus Christ, they are preparing the way for the coming of "A" messiah.. He is not Christ.

They are going to give you him.

The false Christ is coming... Are you ready to identify him?

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Mat 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

I agree with your post (in it's core anyway), although, I'm frankly pretty happy that Hollywood is starting to make biblical epics again. That's a whole other bag of potatoes.

But you are of course correct that the serpent is the most cunning creature in the garden. He will be as smooth as honey. Masses of people will love him and follow his "wisdom", his peace, and be fooled by his wizardry etc.. But there is no need for any Christian to fall for it. Seriously. If ANYONE from ANY world spotlight walk of life starts hinting, or even showing that he is the "messiah", turn the other way. Period. The AC will rise up from among men. The return of the REAL Christ will be unmistakable for all. It won't be any earthly man spouting good ideas. It won't be any man with plans for peace. It won't be anyone working miracles and wonders. It won't be anyone here ON earth! Jesus returns the same way He ascended. We'll all see it in magnificent glory. Our bodies will be transformed. Heaven and Earth will be transformed. The dead will rise to eternal life. The living will be transformed in an instant. The judgement will commence. No President, head of the U.N., preacher, Bishop, TV personality, politician, church leader, movie star, ambassador, Imam, author, artist, musician, guru, etc., no matter what they say or do, even if the demon performs miracles and wonders, will be convincing to the Christian who keeps his or her eyes fixed on Jesus Christ, and ignores the cults of personality, as we should already be doing right NOW, and always.

Pray for those who WILL be sucked in to the AC's nonsense. Pray for those who are ALREADY sucked in to personalities, and world leaders. No matter how important or mystical any human being is, or may seem to be, they are clearly NOT Christ. Even if the Pope himself were to claim himself AS a deity. As God. Then he could be dismissed just as sure as if Joel Olsteen or Oprah Winfrey claimed to be God, and sought to be worshiped AS (or instead of), Jesus Christ. We must all, always be on watch of our own selves for signs of idolatry. I don't worry too much about who the AC is or will be. I just worry about whether or not I am ever showing signs of idolatry. If we practice staying away from it now, it'll be easy by the time the AC rolls out his bag of tricks. I have divorced myself almost entirely from cult of personality. This doesn't mean tuning everyone out. There ARE people with good ideas, and good things to say......even now, in this wretched mess of a world we've made. But when they start asking to be worshipped, or hinting around that they possess some kind of secret knowledge, or powers etc., I become deaf as a stone to them. I pray that I, and all Christians will always have that grace of discernment which comes from Christ alone, who is....always was....and always will be... the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Peace, and God bless,

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I fail to see how it's pulled out of context. The disciples are asking a specifically eschatological question, still believing the kingdom of God involves the restoration of Israel; Jesus instead tells them it's not their business to know the times and seasons the Father has in store--instead turning their attention to wait in Jerusalem to receive the promised Holy Spirit. This is, in effect, Jesus answering their very specific question of "Will you now restore the kingdom to Israel", Jesus tells them it's not their business to know the times and the seasons, and in effect offers a sly wink "Just you wait" because Pentecost is just around the corner.

Nothing in the Scriptures you provided says we are either able to, or are supposed to know, the dates, times, seasons etc; instead they are reminders for us to be vigilant and remember that He comes when we do not know.

Also, I'm not Roman Catholic. I'm Lutheran, as indicated by my faith icon. You're likely noticing where it says "Wittenberg Catholic", which is my playful way of saying "Lutheran". Because as a Lutheran I consider myself a Catholic Christian; that is a member of the Church catholic as confessed in the Creeds--the one holy catholic and apostolic church. And a confessor of the ancient catholic and apostolic Christian faith.

So while I have no problem that you refer to me as "Catholic", but experience has taught me that when people generally refer me as "Catholic" they are under the misunderstanding that I'm a Roman Catholic.

-CryptoLutheran

Interesting.. Its almost as if Christ gave us the prophecy, and then, according to you, instructed us to in fact, "not know" when these things would come to pass.

In fact, I suppose we aren't even to regard prophecy as anything other than words on a page..

I would direct you to the 10 virgins parable. (Mat 25)

More importantly, Id like to know how the disciples, who would be long dead before these things were to come to pass, were supposed to know the times and seasons..

You see, in this verse, I agree with Christ, but then I also understand why he said it to them..

Im curious.. Do you?

Upvote 0
N

NannaNae

I agree with your post (in it's core anyway), although, I'm frankly pretty happy that Hollywood is starting to make biblical epics again. That's a whole other bag of potatoes.

But you are of course correct that the serpent is the most cunning creature in the garden. He will be as smooth as honey. Masses of people will love him and follow his "wisdom", his peace, and be fooled by his wizardry etc.. But there is no need for any Christian to fall for it. Seriously. If ANYONE from ANY world spotlight walk of life starts hinting, or even showing that he is the "messiah", turn the other way. Period. The AC will rise up from among men. The return of the REAL Christ will be unmistakable for all. It won't be any earthly man spouting good ideas. It won't be any man with plans for peace. It won't be anyone working miracles and wonders. It won't be anyone here ON earth! Jesus returns the same way He ascended. We'll all see it in magnificent glory. Our bodies will be transformed. Heaven and Earth will be transformed. The dead will rise to eternal life. The living will be transformed in an instant. The judgement will commence. No President, head of the U.N., preacher, Bishop, TV personality, politician, church leader, movie star, ambassador, Imam, author, artist, musician, guru, etc., no matter what they say or do, even if the demon performs miracles and wonders, will be convincing to the Christian who keeps his or her eyes fixed on Jesus Christ, and ignores the cults of personality, as we should already be doing right NOW, and always.

Pray for those who WILL be sucked in to the AC's nonsense. Pray for those who are ALREADY sucked in to personalities, and world leaders. No matter how important or mystical any human being is, or may seem to be, they are clearly NOT Christ. Even if the Pope himself were to claim himself AS a deity. As God. Then he could be dismissed just as sure as if Joel Olsteen or Oprah Winfrey claimed to be God, and sought to be worshiped AS (or instead of), Jesus Christ. We must all, always be on watch of our own selves for signs of idolatry. I don't worry too much about who the AC is or will be. I just worry about whether or not I am ever showing signs of idolatry. If we practice staying away from it now, it'll be easy by the time the AC rolls out his bag of tricks. I have divorced myself almost entirely from cult of personality. This doesn't mean tuning everyone out. There ARE people with good ideas, and good things to say......even now, in this wretched mess of a world we've made. But when they start asking to be worshipped, or hinting around that they possess some kind of secret knowledge, or powers etc., I become deaf as a stone to them. I pray that I, and all Christians will always have that grace of discernment which comes from Christ alone, who is....always was....and always will be... the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Peace, and God bless,
it like this ..
though I think Shocker is right in some ways..
though not one world religion but more of a one world agreement about religion " and or " it's place in a real world".
I do think the golden calf at his feet will be an impotent version of
"jesus" one that people can sprinkle some of that one on babies and dinner and that one will forever forgive every kind of sin endlessly.. with enough sprinklings or enough certain prayers in certain ways.. and everything is Good , God is Good enough ... God is love! Love is God!
but he wasn't real enough to create anything... death created everything real !
so Jesus died now he is real enough for faith.... or something as impotent as faith.
it seems golden calfs are controllable.. by the hell between our ears.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
N

NannaNae

So long as we are clear, this "one world religion" cannot actually materialize, this would go counter to prophecy.

We know that many are going to remain faithful to God, not what satan has in store for the lost.

shocker.......isn't philosophy is a belief system also.. so would be the agreement of men to make all religion impotent.
So what if the tower of babel probably wasn't a tower(like a obelisk) but maybe it was a platform( you can strongs it ) maybe for academia/ for advanced "learning"/ of intellectuals / to reach into the heavens with out God. .. that is probably at the heart of this..

remember how does it say it, but the antichrist boasts above all God's?
it is probably that he helped to created a philasophy where by all god's become impotent in the view of people who fear men.

edited to say ( compare that with last church age in rev)

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
shocker.......isn't philosophy is a belief system also.. so would be the agreement of men to make all religion impotent.
So what if the tower of babel probably wasn't a tower(like a obelisk) but maybe it was a platform( you can strongs it ) maybe for academia/ for advanced "learning"/ of intellectuals / to reach into the heavens with out God. .. that is probably at the heart of this..

remember how does it say it, but the antichrist boasts above all God's?
it is probably that he helped to created a philasophy where by all god's become impotent in the view of people who fear men.

Babel is what is essentially reflected throughout the world by the peoples who were initially scattered and confounded.

I suppose you could say we are seeing a final culmination of what was started in Babel.

I was a student of philosophy, it doesn't have a central doctrine..

I cant reconcile for some reason how that would be it, but I suppose a part of it?

Something I would have to think on I suppose..

Great post either way!

Upvote 0
N

NannaNae

Babel is what is essentially reflected throughout the world by the peoples who were initially scattered and confounded.

I suppose you could say we are seeing a final culmination of what was started in Babel.

I was a student of philosophy, it doesn't have a central doctrine..

I cant reconcile for some reason how that would be it, but I suppose a part of it?

Something I would have to think on I suppose..

Great post either way!

because the only way the 7th church age can get so bad is by having a completely impotent god named Jesus.
so I think for now Our obligation is to not forget who he really is and why he really came..
He came to set us free from our sin, and to overcome our bondage to death ,
not to just or only forgive our bondage to death.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
because the only way the 7th church age can get so bad is by having a completely impotent god named Jesus.
so I think for now Our obligation is to not forget who he really is and why he really came..
He came to set us free from our sin, and to overcome our bondage to death ,
not to just or only forgive our bondage to death.

The Church has already forgotten Christ, and his Holy Word.

The few remaining faithful all belong to the same Church, whos head is Christ, and the doctrine is scripture...

Outside of that, I feel many have been duped into what Christianity wasn't meant to be..

If you have a Bible and your naked body, you can be a Christian. You don't even need the Bible if you know the Written Word.

To much other stuff injected into Christianity, same way the Jews did to the Law.

They deviated because they usurped Gods authority for their own. Modern Christian "churches" are no different.

Upvote 0
N

NannaNae

The Church has already forgotten Christ, and his Holy Word.

The few remaining faithful all belong to the same Church, whos head is Christ, and the doctrine is scripture...

Outside of that, I feel many have been duped into what Christianity wasn't meant to be..

If you have a Bible and your naked body, you can be a Christian. You don't even need the Bible if you know the Written Word.

To much other stuff injected into Christianity, same way the Jews did to the Law.

They deviated because they usurped Gods authority for their own. Modern Christian "churches" are no different.
God writes ten men don't keep and men write volumes they don't keep either..;)

:p I know but that has to be why God keeps us old hearts/ old farts around to keep reminding them of who he really is and what he really came for :thumbsup:

Big :hug: Shocker

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
i don't see the difference ... yes, they are warnings ... a warning is given to the possibility of something ... therefore making it possible to be deceived

you're right ... He did say that to those who come to Him ... He did NOT say it to those who fall away from Him ... His promises to those who obey and love Him ... carry no weight when it comes to abandoning Him for the false Christ ... His promises most often come with a condition ... if it isn't fulfilled, we should expect the consequences ... not that He would let something as heavy as spiritual whoredom just be overlooked ... no, to those who fall away it will be a sad day when Christ arrives ...

and as to balance ... where was the balance when you claimed they couldn't be deceived ... i didn't need to give balance ... because that was your job ... i'm merely refuting your statement that they couldn't be deceved ... which is a falsehood ...

as to listing the verses you speak of ... well, i would say that is your job, not mine ... you are the one to carry the need to prove your point ... as you are the one who made your point ...
The difference is understanding the at as Christians we are warned to be on our guard of such things.

Jesus said of these things "if it were possible, it would deceive the elect", within that statement it tells you the elect will not be deceived.

In disregarding warnings given we can open ourselves up to things that occur that could have been avoided, if we heed the warning...and God may permit it to chastise us, but He will never leave or forsake us.

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
...and the Elect consist of ONLY 144,000 first born males, who NEVER lie and who have NEVER had sexual relations - 12,000 from every Tribe of Israel, except for Dan, who will be punished because the antichrist will come from his Tribe. The 12,000 from the Tribe of Judah will be Jews, the rest will be followers of Jesus Christ - the ONE TRUE Church of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
N

NannaNae

...and the Elect consist of ONLY 144,000 first born males, who NEVER lie and who have NEVER had sexual relations - 12,000 from every Tribe of Israel, except for Dan, who will be punished because the antichrist will come from his Tribe. The 12,000 from the Tribe of Judah will be Jews, the rest will be followers of Jesus Christ - the ONE TRUE Church of Jesus Christ.
HI John can you show me this in scriptures, maybe in another thread to not derail this one.
I haven't done a lot of thought/prayer/ research/ questioning on these fellows yet in my walk. but keep being confronted with some strange ideas that makes we want to understand these kids/young men / could be like Daniels better. Maybe you can start another thread that we can explore what might be relevant to these kids lives .
like I didn't know they had to be first born ?

Upvote 0

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
in the Spirit ... God willing ...
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The difference is understanding the at as Christians we are warned to be on our guard of such things.

Jesus said of these things "if it were possible, it would deceive the elect", within that statement it tells you the elect will not be deceived.

In disregarding warnings given we can open ourselves up to things that occur that could have been avoided, if we heed the warning...and God may permit it to chastise us, but He will never leave or forsake us.

He shortened the days or there would be no flesh saved ... they're not deceved of their own ability ... it's because God shortened the days ... that is how bad it will be ...

well, yes, that was my point ... we are warned to be on guard ... because you said the saints couldn't be deceived ...

yes ... He won't leave us or forsake us ... but He did NOT say we wouldn't leave, nor forsake Him ... and many will ... not the elect ... it was for their sake He shortened the days ... but many other Christians will be ...

Upvote 0