1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" (link ) forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" (link) forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.

Christianity, DMT, Opening Third Eye

Discussion in 'Christian Apologetics' started by Capuano231, Sep 6, 2010.

1. MacNeil, D.

MacNeil, D. Guest

Someone's been reading Fear and loathing in las vegas.

2. Dionysiou

Dionysiou Junior Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    DMT(dimethyltryptamine) is not a drug. It occurs naturally in your brain as well as in certain plants and animals. It's also found in acacia, known in the Bible as "incorruptable wood" which God commanded Moses to use for the alter of incense in the tabernacle. The altar smokes the entire tabernacle out as those inside inhale the fumes and become euphoric lifting their consciousness to the spiritual realm. The Holy of Holies is the small box where the high priests would sit a box containing the growing thickness of smoke boosting their spirits sometimes farther than they could handle, which is why they went in with a bell and rope tied to them. Acacia is also found in Frankincense and Myrrh, go figure. However, when DMT is extracted and smoked 100% pure it is notorious for its ability to launch the user's consciousness causing an "out-of-body experience" that is known to change lives in ways only God could explain.

3. Christos Anesti

Christos Anesti Junior Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    The fact that minute traces of it exist in your brain doesn't imply that taking more of it into your body from an outside source isn't using drugs. Our brain has opoid receptors too. In fact the human body produces natural opiates. Does that imply that taking morphine isn't using drugs?

4. rhcp484

rhcp484 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    hey man....i would love to read your written account of your DMT experience. could you email it to me? my email is a yahoo account and its rhcp484, it wont let me post my whole email address. or facebook me...jacob evans

5. Justa Guy

Justa Guy Guest

A drug causing hallucinations, nothing new. No different than LSD, or apparently some Opiates.

6. jccox071383

jccox071383 Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    I have a question I am hoping I can get help with. Is it wrong not to want to take my meds for schizoaffective disorder becuase I think they are trying to close my 3rd eye? Naturally my brain produces excessive amounts of DMT in my brain, so this spirit world you speak of, I live in it every day if I am not on my meds. Is this a bad or good thing? I truly believe it is the spirit world and I can see the battle between dark and light forces of this world. How they influence people in life and which side the person is for. It seems to me that they are always trying to fight for me to choose a certain side to be with. I am a christian and always choose the light. Now that I am on my meds the spirit world is not as apparent to me and I can live a normal or what is considered a normal life. I know God is always with me but I don't feel that his presence is as strong than when I am off my meds. What do you think I should do?

7. kik33

kik33 Newbie

Faith:
    Christian
    And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen GOD face to face, and my life is preserved.

31 And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.

32 Therefore the children of Israel eat not of the sinew which shrank, which is upon the hollow of the thigh, unto this day: because he touched the hollow of Jacob's thigh in the sinew that shrank.

8. ThatWhichIsnt

ThatWhichIsnt evidence trumps all

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Atheist
    As a person who has done many drugs before I was saved I have to totally disagree with this. DMT is an extremely potent chemical, and not something I will ever think about taking. My God does not need anything else than the Spirit to bring me closer to Him.

9. trencherpin

trencherpin Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Nazarene
    No, this is so wrong, THis is a complete lack of understanding history. The council of Nicea did not chose which books would be included in the Canon....the main purpose was a doctrinal dispute regarding whether JESUS was of the same substance as the Father or of LIKE substance....they all believed Jesus was Divine but to what degree. The New testament books in our Canon were already being passed around ...IGNATIUS ( a student of the Apostle JOhn, Papius also, and Polycarp....) all 100AD -150 AD referred to 20 of the 27 new testament books we now have. this is not true and I advise people to actually study it properly.

10. WinBySurrender

WinBySurrender New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Self-censored

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  11. washedagain

washedagain Resting in the Palm of His Hand

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Not sure if you were taught this or if by taking this drug, you have come to this conclusion... either way, this is some messed up theology.

Jesus was not created... He is the creator.

12. drjean

drjean Senior Veteran Supporter CF Ambassador Angels Team

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Presbyterian
    One does not need a drug to become enlightened...all one has to do, if she has her mind in control, is to intend the experience. God gave us a magnificent mind and we have all the power of the Spirit at our command, we don't need to dabble with the drugs. (BTW if you want a legitimate trip, take Lunesta! They don't have that fluorescent butterfly around for no reason.)

The 3rd eye is a term used by new age and buddhism etc... yet as with other terms these groups use, we have similar examples (for good) in the Bible. We as Christians just never seemed to get around to using all that God has given us access to , and never really named the paths or experiences other than from God etc. "Mindfulness" is an example.

Anyway, if you have to use drugs for this level of consciousness (or unconsciousness as you prefer) you haven't reach a level of being with God that is available to you already...and that you probably are not ready for it.

I would say shame on your pastor for misleading you down this road, if indeed he is promoting this as you shared. :preach:

13. Ishraqiyun

Ishraqiyun Fanning the Divine Spark

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Other-Church
    Pure DMT smoked in known dosages in a safe and legal medically supervised therapy session geared toward self discovery... That might be worthwhile.

Whipping up an ayahusca brew from articles you purchased online with no real way to judge dose or concentration and then chugging it at your buddies party? Not as good of an idea. ha ha. Be prepared for the pukes.

14. WinBySurrender

WinBySurrender New Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah that's gonna happen ...

15. Ishraqiyun

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Other-Church
    Those might not be the only possible scenarios. The first might be rather unlikely as well. I'm not going to give my seal of approval to anything that isn't "safe, legal, and medically supervised" though.

16. like eagleswings

like eagleswings discovering

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    UK-Labour
    Faith:
    Christian
    taking drugs to go to a sprituel realm,is sorcery,and an abomination to God

play whith it at your peril

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  17. drjean

drjean Senior Veteran Supporter CF Ambassador Angels Team

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Presbyterian
    Hypnosis allows for self discovery, and since you're in total control, you won't even disclose something that you are not ready to know! :D God made us a great mind.

18. Ishraqiyun

Marital Status:
    Single
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Other-Church
    I was reading a book on self hypnosis a few years back but I could never get it to work. They say if you have a trained hypnotist do it for you and then give you the suggestion that you can hypnotize yourself it makes it easier though?

19. Lenity

Lenity Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I know this is an old thread, but I just have to speak up against the brainwashed naysayers and their phobia of so-called "illicit substances". So let's just make this really huge to get the point across.

Genesis 1:29
    Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

The only conflict there is with these substances is in Romans 13 where it talks about God commanding us to obey the laws of the land unless they conflict with His commandments.

Romans 13:1 states: "Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established."

Thus, we must contemplate on a larger scale as to how God is shaping His plan in accordance to the mechanics of society, whether they are laws or wars or simple events. In Amsterdam, marijuana is legal, therefore I could readily go to Amsterdam and consume, but not smoke, marijuana for medicinal or spiritual purposes. My healing or spiritual experience would be entirely honored by God and would likely be an opportunity to have an intimate experience with the creator. Because I am honoring His commandment of us to obey the laws of the land, so too would he honor my experience so long as it was within the bounds of moderation. If it became indulgence, it would be considered a sin. However, using that same God-created substance in a place like the United States wouldn't fly, because it is illegal. Why is it illegal? Are the New World Order baddies just trying to keep the people spiritually blind or closed off from positive vibes? Maybe. Or perhaps there is a much more noble reason for these things, perhaps God is keeping the nation from these things because they are not yet ready to treat them with discretion. Perhaps someday when God feels we can use these plants and herbs responsibly we will be allowed legal access to them. But we would be fools to simply accept the closed-minded mentality that society is trying to push on people, especially Christians, that these "illicit substances" are somehow evil or taboo, when they were created by a HOLY creator, and nothing our holy creator makes can be evil (1 Timothy 4:4). Therefore to say that DMT, or marijuana, or even the coca plant that is used to make cocaine is evil, is saying that a creation of a HOLY GOD is evil, and a slander to His glory. It is only mankind, who had fallen from the grace of God in the garden of Eden, that uses these holy things for evil. Man can drink wine and be made drunk, and man can also drink in excess and be wrought to sin. Does this make wine evil? Not in the least, but that didn't stop man from clamping down the people's freedom during the age of prohibition. These things bear mysteries no man knows, and hold purposes no man can imagine.

Therefore, I have no doubt in my mind that psychedelic experiences are entirely moral, and entirely within the bounds of God's holiness, afterall, God is the one that made a psychedelic experience possible. However, we are to do these things in HONOR of God, for reasons of COMMUNION and spiritual healing, and thus we are to use them only in places that warrant their use. Likewise they should be used responsibly and only with permission of Jesus Christ.

It can't be said how long the phobia of "drugs" will be drilled into the minds of the sleeping and the blind and gobbled up as absolute truth, but we as Christians convicted by the Holy Spirit are to be patient, enduring, and forgiving as we suffer the axioms of a media-brainwashed society. We are to do our duties soberly until there is a time that God releases us from the social and emotional bondage of the enemy. Because really, what other reason is there to use these substances but to reach for our Lord? Therefore, wait for a time when He will happily reach back, but tend to His flock as He desires us to in the meantime.

Sincerely,
    A 21 year old female who would have likely never come to the Christian faith if it were not for a loving, amazing spiritual experience through DMT.

20. wayseer

wayseer New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    Because Lenity PMed me about my post on this thread I think it only fair that I repeat my reply.

I do not believe for one minute that you 'came to God' while you were under the influence of some drug - legal or otherwise.

Not will I accept some cut and paste pieces of scripture serve to justify your addiction.

If you are a Christian then I thank God for your salvation - but you need to stop looking over your shoulder.

Indulging in drugs only cause pain and suffering across the board. There are three Australians waiting on death row in Indonesia who will pay the price for those who 'enjoy' illicit drugs.

So I really could not care less if you get off on some sort of high - directly, or indirectly, you are part of an illegal operations that causes pain and suffering to millions.