Liverpool
✟7,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
years ago, my Mum, sister, and brother-in-law were in the yard at night. A luminous yellow object hovering in the sky, producing a whirring noise suddenly shot off at great speed. What the heck could it have been? I tend not to believe in other life forms outside of our planet, but this baffles me as it comes from a reliable source. (my family.) Could it have been a demon or..I don't know! I'm truely confused.

Thanks. :)

meirou

May 10, 2010
Liverpool
✟7,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
.... hmmmm... it hovers, whirs, then flies off ...

gee, that's a toughie.
You know, I've never seen a luminous yellow Helicopter flying at unimaginable speed. (p.s. They rang air traffic control and nothing was in our area at the time. )

Upvote 0

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
You know, I've never seen a luminous yellow Helicopter flying at unimaginable speed. (p.s. They rang air traffic control and nothing was in our area at the time. )

I have. you must live in some out of the way area. here (I'm near Area 51), they're so common that they get in the way of visiting space aliens.

Upvote 0

meirou

May 10, 2010
Liverpool
✟7,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I have. you must live in some out of the way area. here (I'm near Area 51), they're so common that they get in the way of visiting space aliens.
You seem to be avoiding the question and replying sarcasticly because you don't have an answer. I'm not interested in a tit for tat discussion, I'd just like somebody to get to the point and give me a realistic opinion.

Upvote 0

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
You seem to be avoiding the question and replying sarcasticly because you don't have an answer. I'm not interested in a tit for tat discussion, I'd just like somebody to get to the point and give me a realistic opinion.

what you want to hear is that it was a flying saucer. so, it was a flying saucer.

Upvote 0

meirou

May 10, 2010
Liverpool
✟7,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
what you want to hear is that it was a flying saucer. so, it was a flying saucer.
Actually, smart guy, I want to hear the exact opposite - whatever that may be, since I don't believe in extra terrestrials.

Upvote 0

New_Found_Faith

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 4, 2004
✟30,978.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Could be a hallucination, could be a military vehicle. Could be that they were making up a story to mess with you.

The odds are that other life forms do exist on other planets in the Universe, but the chances of those life forms ever reaching the Earth is astronomically low.

Even then I think, that it was much more likely an alien spaceship than a demon.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would look for simpler explanations. Why must these things be extra-terrestrial or supernatural?

Perhaps because they appeal to some people's need for mystery.

Remember the X-Files? Mulder had a poster on the wall of his office. Do you remember what it was?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
years ago, my Mum, sister, and brother-in-law were in the yard at night. A luminous yellow object hovering in the sky, producing a whirring noise suddenly shot off at great speed. What the heck could it have been?

Speaking from experience, I was maybe 14 when my dog's ears perked up and she looked intently at something very much like you describe here. That pretty much rules out hallucination, eh? I mean, we both saw it. I would never have noticed if she didn't draw my attention to it. It was a disturbing experience, and still is.

The most sense I've been able to make out of it is, maybe the object wasn't so far away as it seemed. It was a very small point of light, so my assumption was it was a great distance away. If that were the case, both the acceleration and the speed would have been incredible.

So this issue of distance is important. How far away would you have heard this "whirring" noise? (What I saw was completely silent.) How big was it? Big enough to give any clues as to distance?

I can tell you what God says about ET's in general, but other than that I have no answers, only questions.

Upvote 0

New_Found_Faith

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 4, 2004
✟30,978.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I was going to make a thread about this last night, but refrained. I've been watching "Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel...interesting stuff.

I saw a bit of that this afternoon. I saw the part where they had the "space battle" reported over Germany back in the 16 or 1700's.

I think we can pretty much chalk that up to asteroids/meteor showers, but who knows.

Upvote 0

New_Found_Faith

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 4, 2004
✟30,978.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Speaking from experience, I was maybe 14 when my dog's ears perked up and she looked intently at something very much like you describe here. That pretty much rules out hallucination, eh? I mean, we both saw it.

That doesn't rule out hallucination. You can't know for sure what the dog saw. Maybe you saw it and you falsely percieved the dog's reaction because you were in the midst of the hallucination. Or maybe the dog's reaction was based on your body language. Could be anything, including hallucination.

And no, it's not just crazy people who have hallucinations. Sleep deprivation, bad combinations of medications, etc. can all cause things like that.

I can tell you what God says about ET's in general...

What is that?

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟390,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Alien Visitors if anything will be the equivalent of what we're sending to other planets.
If we had the tech to send ROV to other stars we would be doing that right now (IMO)

But as to what you saw, who knows.
Do they know about how far away it was, size, ect?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That doesn't rule out hallucination. You can't know for sure what the dog saw. Maybe you saw it and you falsely percieved the dog's reaction because you were in the midst of the hallucination. Or maybe the dog's reaction was based on your body language. Could be anything, including hallucination.

And maybe I hallucinated taking my dog for a walk. Or even having a dog. :D
Questioning reality doesn't get us very far. What we know is "God will populate the heavens." Future tense. Doesn't explicitly state they are not populated now, but I tend to look for rational explanations.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

And no, it's not just crazy people who have hallucinations. Sleep deprivation, bad combinations of medications, etc. can all cause things like that.

All your points are how Atheists explain Biblical accounts of God's interaction with man...:doh:

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was going to make a thread about this last night, but refrained. I've been watching "Ancient Aliens" on the History Channel...interesting stuff.

I am a big fan of the Star gate saga, and I saw that as well. it was all very interesting as you said, but like you have already pointed out it is probably just "science" trying to explain God openly working with the ancients.

That said (To the OP) know that we don't always have to have the answers, and also know that If extraterrestrial life is a fact, our beliefs don't have to change. there is nothing written that says we don't have brothers from other worlds, Nor does it say God is/was limited to just us.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All your points are how Atheists explain Biblical accounts of God's interaction with man...:doh:

Yes, that was what I was trying to say. Thanks!

(Not that whatever I saw had anything to do with God, it didn't. My dog saw it first, and attracted my attention to it. People actually depend on things like this while hunting, so such a relationship is clearly possible.)

Upvote 0

New_Found_Faith

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 4, 2004
✟30,978.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

I don't know what atheists say, and it's not relevant to this discussion.

It's perfectly reasonable to question someone's state of mind when they claim having seen something as far-fetched as an alien spacecraft. The fact is that others would have seen it as well- not just you and your dog. It would've been in the media, someone in your neighborhood or city would've seen it, etc. Never in history has any government agency or reputable news source confirmed the existence of extra terrestrial spacecraft.

Also, knowing what we know about physics and that light-speed is the fastest possible rate of travel and that the nearest planets that could support intellegent life are light-centuries away, we know that the odds are incredibly low that any extra terrestrials could even make it to our planet.

The rational conclusion is that what the OP's family saw, and what other posters are reporting were not alien spacecrafts.

Hallucination and other explanations are more plausible ways to account for what the OP's family reported.

We don't just have to believe things because they sound interesting. Using one's head and examining evidence are not sins, even if atheists do it too.

Upvote 0