Is Using a Fleshlight a Sin? Can Christains Use Sex Toys?

Would using sex toys be a sin for single christians?

• Absolutely!

• I don't know.

• I am married and have all I need.

• Not necessarily if you can do it without sinful thoughts.

• I think toys are fine why should only married christians be allowed to use them?

Results are only viewable after voting.

ghendricks63

Feb 25, 2011
✟1,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are to love God first and foremost, showed by obedience to His laws. Which includes no sex with another man's wife, and sex was only allowed with your wife, your slave, or an unmarried/non-promised person who you were then required to marry. Where is a man's wife (who isn't a widow) allowed to have sex with other men?

You started off ok...but after loving God first and foremost you trailed off completely into personal opinion. With regard to the law because we are no longer under the law and with regard to sexuality because these claims of what is allowed and not allowed are not stated anywhere in scripture.

Your statement that you were only allowed to have sex with "your wife, your slave, or an unmarried/non-promised person who you were then required to marry" is not accurate. There are many examples to the contrary never condemned by God. In fact some even visited prostitutes which God did not condemn and others did not call adultery.

Men were not accused of adultery unless the act violated someone's (husband or father) property rights. Women had no rights at all until Jesus made them equals so our concept of women's rights today is radically different than it was under the old covenant.

Upvote 0

ghendricks63

Feb 25, 2011
✟1,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unless you are talking about concubines (which was really a Solomon thing), he had wives, implying marriage.

If I say "This is my wife," I don't have to say I married her, that is implied.

Where those other women married? No. They were his (or his wives) slaves, which was allowed, as he owned her much like a wife, just not with the social status. But at no point was he doing it with another mans wife, which is swinging.

God also never once said there should be an age of consent or a minimum age to marry, yet you have indicated otherwise.

I haven't much studied who Samson had sex with, I'll get back to you on this one later. But can you show where he was having sex with another mans wife and seen positively for it?

Once again, I have already pointed out that polygamy and having sex with your slaves was acceptable. Swinging is with another man's wife. Where is that allowed?

This is because if our heart is in the right place, we won't violate the rules for sex He has set. But one clear rule is no adultery, which includes swinging, which you have been trying to defend.

Also, you never proved there is always a victim.

Concubines was most definitely not imited to Solomon...but he did seem to excel at the practice...LOL

Show me the passage where David referred to the wives of Saul as his wives. I only see where God says He gave them unto David's Bosom...literally his bed.

I never said anything about an age of consent or a minimum age to marry. You are confusing me with someone else on this one.

You defining adultery as including swinging, and then defining swinging in the way you decide it should be defined, is an opinion. You cannot scripturally back up those opinions though.

And as for always being a victim in pedophilia, you have not shown an example of where there is NOT a victim. I believe that anythime an adult engages a child in sexual activity it is violating the law of love as the child is not emotionally mature enough to determine for themselves what is and is not appropriate. By the very nature of the relationship they are succeptible to coercive influence even if they come to believe it is ok. We can train a child to be a master thief...and even convince them by simple brainwashing that they are not doing wrong in stealing. But that does not change the fact that we have victimized that child. Again...a clear violation of the law of love.

I am amused at the simple dismissal of all these various sexual activities as "acceptable". The point I believe you are missing is WHY they were acceptable. I believe the answer is because God is not nearly so concerned with sex as He is with the condition of the heart as I have previously stated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Concubines was most definitely not imited to Solomon...but he did seem to excel at the practice...LOL

Show me the passage where David referred to the wives of Saul as his wives. I only see where God says He gave them unto David's Bosom...literally his bed.

I never said anything about an age of consent or a minimum age to marry. You are confusing me with someone else on this one.

You defining adultery as including swinging, and then defining swinging in the way you decide it should be defined, is an opinion. You cannot scripturally back up those opinions though.
Every case you included did not include a woman who was married to another man. Swinging is when two married couples swap off.
And as for always being a victim in pedophilia, you have not shown an example of where there is NOT a victim.
Ok, so most of the earth population who was married underage before recent history. Aisha (Muhammad's wife). A 12 year old in Brazil who was married to a man twice her age, she fought in court for the right to marry her. Samantha Lott (Alabama resident who was 13 when she was married to an adult, the marriage occurred in South Carolina). A large number of individuals who were part of the Rind et. al study.
I believe that anythime an adult engages a child in sexual activity it is violating the law of love as the child is not emotionally mature enough to determine for themselves what is and is not appropriate.
This is based off of what? You are hand waving with terms such as 'emotional maturity' without defining it, even though mentally disabled adult with maturity on all levels below that of a pre-teen has been deemed able to consent by many individuals. Also, the law in many states clearly say a child who is married is able to consent to their spouse. Also, the Bible clearly allows the marrying of na'arah and younger, which by today's standard are definitely children.

By the very nature of the relationship they are succeptible to coercive influence even if they come to believe it is ok. We can train a child to be a master thief...and even convince them by simple brainwashing that they are not doing wrong in stealing.
Almost anyone can be brainwashed. It is only a matter of how much they trust the source. Just raise a child to not be blindly trusting of adults and a large portion of the problem is solved. Look into the psychological research of making people do things they don't want to do, it isn't that hard. So easy in fact that doing new research on the topic is mostly banned.
But that does not change the fact that we have victimized that child. Again...a clear violation of the law of love.
What fact they have been victimized? Clearly in a non-wanted relationship there is a victim, but in many cases of consensual relationships, the only time they are victimized is when they are trained for years by therapist to see they are a victim. The therapist will sometimes do far more to cause a child to be a victim. Read some books on it, "Harmful to Minors", "Jailbait", or "The Trauma Myth" are starts. Also some scientific studies such as the Rind et. al study.
I am amused at the simple dismissal of all these various sexual activities as "acceptable".
Eh, I wouldn't call my study into the topic as simple. In the case of inappropriate behavior with animals, it is simple, but that is because we live in a society where we find it acceptable to kill and eat the animal. If I can kill and eat it for oral pleasure, then I can use it for sexual pleasure. Yeah, that is pretty simple.
The point I believe you are missing is WHY they were acceptable. I believe the answer is because God is not nearly so concerned with sex as He is with the condition of the heart as I have previously stated.

And I am indirectly aware of many relationships where the individuals involved feel this is the right thing to do.

But you are still ignoring what the Old Testament allowed and saying it was wrong. In doing so, you are calling God wrong.

Upvote 0

Mixolydian

Lord I believe; help my unbelief.
Oct 7, 2008
Kansas
✟11,433.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

Several posts were removed or edited. Many were flaming, vulger or adressed the poster rather than the post. Please adhere to CF forum rules found HERE before further posting in this thread.

MOD HAT OFF

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JRJBob

May 7, 2013
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Listen, let's face it here, Christians and Non-Christians touch. It's a fact of life and it has always existed. Now, if a Fleshlight or other toy keeps you from having sex with another person then yes, I believe it's ok. I mean, your hand or a toy, it's going to occur and it won't cost you your salvation here, get real. :clap:

Upvote 0