Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've never really poked around the RPG section of this site, but I've heard of Christian RPG's, Christian gaming, etc. Seems like plain ol' worldly RPG to me, from what I've seen and read. Slapping a "Christian" label on it doesn't change much.

Upvote 0
Q

Quoth

I've never really poked around the RPG section of this site, but I've heard of Christian RPG's, Christian gaming, etc. Seems like plain ol' worldly RPG to me, from what I've seen and read. Slapping a "Christian" label on it doesn't change much.

Pretty much.

"Christian gaming" makes me sort of chuckle, just because it's not so different than its secular counterpart. Christian books are generally evangelistic in nature. The same goes for Christian music, Christian movies, and other forms of Christian entertainment.

When it comes to gaming, however, "Christian" has more to do with the gamers than it does with the game. I will say this: Christian gaming is generally devoid of foul language, and tends to focus less on adult themes (at least gratuitously). I know that on secular games, there are Christian guilds and the like for Christian gamers to come together, but I think you can't really call it "Christian gaming".

Upvote 0