✟18,392.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Mandyangel, have you ever heard of Andy Hunter? :O
He's pretty recent to me, so I have a lot to go through of his music, but I bet you can find what you're looking for there! C:

http://youtube/t8XCf4CMyoo

I checked out a few of videos on youtube and then iTunes, its almost like electronia which is really awesome for me cause I love to dance either just around the house or when me and my gfs are preforming, I'm gonna see if we can come up with some dance moves for his song "Come On," or maybe we can work it into one of our routines. Thanks for sharing, Mandy!

Upvote 0

McMatt

Master Debater
May 9, 2013
Canada
✟15,945.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Anyone who says skillet is good (after comatose album) has no clue what they are talking about. I see skillet in interviews on youtube talking about how they're "edgy" because they wear black and have tattoos. What a joke. After red's second album their sound turned into a crappy melting pot of all of the bands they were touring with and they lost their unique sound as well. You want good music? Get off solidstate and tooth and nail records. Go to meal blade records and look up a few artists like as i lay dying.

However, Soundgarden has been my band of choice for the last few months. Or anything with Chris Cornell's vocals.

Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
McMatt said:
Anyone who says skillet is good (after comatose album) has no clue what they are talking about. I see skillet in interviews on youtube talking about how they're "edgy" because they wear black and have tattoos. What a joke. After red's second album their sound turned into a crappy melting pot of all of the bands they were touring with and they lost their unique sound as well. You want good music? Get off solidstate and tooth and nail records. Go to meal blade records and look up a few artists like as i lay dying.

However, Soundgarden has been my band of choice for the last few months. Or anything with Chris Cornell's vocals.

I actually do have a clue of what I'm talking about. Skillet and Red are both very good bands. If you don't like them then fine, but don't start bashing the people who listen to them because you don't think they sound good. I honestly think As I Lay Dying isn't that great, but I'm not going to come on here and say they suck.

°«Creatio ex nihilo»°

Upvote 0

McMatt

Master Debater
May 9, 2013
Canada
✟15,945.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I actually do have a clue of what I'm talking about. Skillet and Red are both very good bands. If you don't like them then fine, but don't start bashing the people who listen to them because you don't think they sound good. I honestly think As I Lay Dying isn't that great, but I'm not going to come on here and say they suck.

°«Creatio ex nihilo»°

Really listen to red's first and second albums. Those were great. They had originality and they really had a unique sound. I was an avid red listener when they first came out. In fact, it took red years to come out with their second album because they actually worked on it. Now, they sound like cheap knockoffs of who they've been touring with. No one with good musical taste would call current red music good.

As for skillet, great band until collide, and still decent on comatose. Now they are just another generic christian rock band. But they claim they aren't generic because they are "edgy" due to having tattoos and black clothes. I've seen the interview and me and my friend made John from skillet a constant joke between us because of that clip.

As long as a band stays on a christian label they are going to face pressure from the record label to become "our version of x band", and eventually lose all originality. I've seen that happen to quite a few really good bands like seventh day slumber, demon hunter, POD (their first good album in over a decade was after they left a christian label - check it out. It's called murdered love), and a few others to which it's too early in the morning to remember their names.

For the record, it's not because I don't think they sound good. It's because they sounded awesome and truly were great bands and now they are a shell of what they were.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
McMatt said:
Really listen to red's first and second albums. Those were great. They had originality and they really had a unique sound. I was an avid red listener when they first came out. In fact, it took red years to come out with their second album because they actually worked on it. Now, they sound like cheap knockoffs of who they've been touring with. No one with good musical taste would call current red music good.

As for skillet, great band until collide, and still decent on comatose. Now they are just another generic christian rock band. But they claim they aren't generic because they are "edgy" due to having tattoos and black clothes. I've seen the interview and me and my friend made John from skillet a constant joke between us because of that clip.

As long as a band stays on a christian label they are going to face pressure from the record label to become "our version of x band", and eventually lose all originality. I've seen that happen to quite a few really good bands like seventh day slumber, demon hunter, POD (their first good album in over a decade was after they left a christian label - check it out. It's called murdered love), and a few others to which it's too early in the morning to remember their names.

For the record, it's not because I don't think they sound good. It's because they sounded awesome and truly were great bands and now they are a shell of what they were.

Well, that is your opinion. I still think they are good bands.

°«Creatio ex nihilo»°

Upvote 0

holyrokker

Contributor
Sep 4, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't enjoy listening to Red, but I saw them in concert a couple of years ago, and was very impressed.

Musical taste is a matter of personal preference.

One of my favorite bands is Disciple. I love their older music (everything up to about 2004), but don't care for their new style. To say their older music is "better" and their newer music "stinks" would be very foolish. I just say that I prefer the style of their older music.

Although, some of their newer stuff is still a blast for me!
Disciple-"Lay My Burdens" (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Disciple - My Daddy Can Whip Your Daddy - YouTube

Disciple - I just know (Cornerstone 2002) - YouTube

Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
holyrokker said:
I don't enjoy listening to Red, but I saw them in concert a couple of years ago, and was very impressed.

Musical taste is a matter of personal preference.

One of my favorite bands is Disciple. I love their older music (everything up to about 2004), but don't care for their new style. To say their older music is "better" and their newer music "stinks" would be very foolish. I just say that I prefer the style of their older music.

Although, some of their newer stuff is still a blast for me!
Disciple-"Lay My Burdens" (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Disciple - My Daddy Can Whip Your Daddy - YouTube

Disciple - I just know (Cornerstone 2002) - YouTube

^

°«Creatio ex nihilo»°

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟283,413.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pretty cool that your dad was in the Imperials (Jim Murray, I'm guessing). I didn't "get into" them until I heard Russ Taff sing "Watergrave". For my money (and this is nothing against what they had done up to that time or after, mearly my taste) those albums with Russ were the highest they ever reached - it helped alot that Michael Omartian was involved, of course. It wasn't the same (for me) after Russ left.
I'm a big fan of Russ's more rock work, and I got to see him reunited with Greg and Rebecca Sparks, their young adult-children and James Hollihan a few years ago, but I like Servant's performance of Watergrave a little better. I wish I could find it now.

And yes, Russ, Sparks and James can still play some music. Greg and Rebecca's "kids" didn't miss a note compared to the sessions "cats" on Russ's albums.

Upvote 0

Se7ski

Aug 19, 2013
✟15,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No way I could list all my favorite Christian bands but I'll list what I can remember right now. :) This is in no special order.

Foreverlin - There new track, Long Lost, is awesome!
The Devil Wears Prada - Especially Danger: Wildman.
Skillet - Anything by them.
Anberlin - I like mellow stuff too.
Attack Attack! - Extreme creative.
Relient K - And I really like that they do Christmas music too.
August Burns Red - Carol of the Bells was amazing!
Amongst the Ruin - Not sure what happened with them but they did some really cool stuff.
Switchfoot - This totally is one of my favorite Christian bands.
7eventh Time Down - Very cool!
The Protest - Another one of my total favorites!
MxPx
The Letter Black
We As Human - Awesome!
Decyfer Down
Red - Amazing!
Wolves at the Gate
Random Hero
Thousand Foot Crutch

I just know I left a lot out.
The album I've been all over recently is Attack Attack!, This Means War! :clap: I can't hear the track, The Motivation, enough. My favorite track from their album, Someday Came Suddenly, is Dr. Shavargo Pt. 3. It's amazing! I really wish they hadn't broke up.

Upvote 0

ErikYear1

John 3:6: Born of the Spirit
Aug 31, 2013
USA
✟7,634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We almost ONLY listen to Christian Rock/Pop nowdays. Here in DC it's 91.9, and on iHeart Radio, I listen to Air1.

I am a musician, so the next part, take in stride, but for the most part, I find most CCM Worship music (when not specifically covering an actual Christian Rock/Pop song) to be very, very bad. Lots of droning tones...might as well be Orthodox chants...over-the-top base lines, meandering melodies that have no hook or bridge...sounds like me playing around with a song idea on the keyboard or guitar.

If you removed the lyrics, the songs would be crap. If you are going to play/use music in worship, have it be good music. Akin to the old Southern hymns I grew up with.

Reactions: holyrokker
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 8, 2012
✟21,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sounds great! Never heard this artist before.

Yeh Hes American check him out on youtube and soundcloud website. Major awesome what God is doing with this young adult man. His music is just idk sooo cool. Hes a music producer mostly in dance and techno but yeh some of light rock songs as above. Very encouraging music.

Upvote 0
Nov 7, 2011
Canada
✟17,342.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Yeh Hes American check him out on youtube and soundcloud website. Major awesome what God is doing with this young adult man. His music is just idk sooo cool. Hes a music producer mostly in dance and techno but yeh some of light rock songs as above. Very encouraging music.

I'll check for more of his music for shure.

Maybe a month back I discovered a Christian group by the name of The Opiate Mass. They did electronic music (both slower and upbeat), as well as some rock and guitar oriented tracks. One of my favorite Christian music groups. A good number of their tracks can be found on Grooveshark.

I'm a bit late discovering them, since they already broke up.

Unfortunately the track I really want to share isn't on You Tube, but here is another one. You might like it:

The Opiate Mass- The Golden Sequence - YouTube

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2012
✟21,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good (The Golden sequence) not really my cup of tea but any Christian band / music is good . That was ok. I like how they were in my opinion discovering the combo of electronic and rock in this particular song, could I even say discovering a newer form of music in terms of the combination?

Upvote 0