Christian Rock

Apr 10, 2012
✟7,626.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Basically a thread to talk about my favorite form of music.
Doesnt matter what kind of christian rock soft, hard, Metal, punk, rap-rock, whatever I love it all. What are you guys favorite bands?
What Bands have you seen live?
who would you like to see?
Favorite cd?

My favorite christian rock bands in no real order

Skillet
Red
switchfoot
demon hunter
decypher down
disciple
P.O.D.

there are many others but their are a few.

sarahelizabeth

7-18-12
Apr 30, 2011
Chilling with the zombies and penguins
✟27,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I saw Skillet in Birmingham at Winter Jam. One of the best concerts i've ever been to. Loved it. I'm wanting to see Manafest in concert, but he seems to stay in Europe and never in the south.

I went to a winterjam in Ohio
yes they were amazing in Concert it was amazing :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

markb77

Nov 20, 2011
✟16,859.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Who are these bands you speak of Youngsters? ;) How about Guardian... one of my favorites. I'm old.

Welcome to the boards, Run. Glad to see another "first generation CCM" person on here. When I think of "Christian Rock", I go with "older" bands as well:

Adam Again
Daniel Amos
The Choir
77s
Undercover
Mortal
Echoing Green
Lost Dogs
L.S.U./Lifesavers
Steve Taylor

Plenty others as well, but I'm having trouble recalling in my dotage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 17, 2012
Ohio- USA
✟7,612.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the welcome, Markb77.
I think technically that is 2nd gen. First gen would be the 70's stuff- Sweet Comfort Band, Love Song, 2nd Chapter of Acts, Rez Band, Phil Keaggy, etc.
I've been collecting CCM since I was a kid- around 1980. I still have a few hundred LPs (what are those, lol) and a lot of CDs. I stopped being interested in CCM in the late 90's, so all these new bands are really new to me.
My personal favorites are Guardian, The Awakening, One Hundred Days, Petra, Halo, Rick Elias, Phil Keaggy, Mastedon, Stryper... a bunch I can't think of right now.

Upvote 0

markb77

Nov 20, 2011
✟16,859.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You're welcome, Run. And you're right - I guess those guys from the 70s would be considered first generation CCM. I have albums (and yes, by that I mean vinyl) by all those guys, but don't go back to them all that often. Like you, I really didn't get into CCM until the 80s (but I was - cough, cough- in college then, not a kid). Didn't really find it all that interesting (well, there were the Imperials and Amy Grant, but that was about it for me) until this more "alternative" type of CCM started appearing. That's when I got hooked. I agree with you that there's not that much out there right now that I want to listen to. I liked the David Crowder*Band (while they were together, at least) and the Newsboys (before Peter left and Tait joined), but not a whole lot else. I also like Christian techno/dance music, but it's rather hard to find. Anyway, have fun on the boards, and don't get discouraged just because everyone else seems so young. Still makes for an interesting read, even if you don't know half the bands they're discussing.

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2012
✟21,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hopefully Im not judging but I think Manafest needs our prayers his recent album is flippin cool but I cant help but think hes struggling in his Christian faith he doesnt seem as passionate as he was earlier. I wouldnt know but Im definitely praying for him, he is so cool and walks in the anointing strongly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 8, 2012
✟21,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hopefully Im not judging but I think Manafest needs our prayers his recent album is flippin cool but I cant help but think hes struggling in his Christian faith he doesnt seem as passionate as he was earlier. I wouldnt know but Im definitely praying for him, he is so cool and walks in the anointing strongly.

Also this he says in his song "Glory" about having nightmares of the devil in his sleep or dreams it could be metaphorical or I might be looking into it too much but he kinda seems like the kind of guy who is quite honest about himself - his life. Idk but whatever he needs our prayers anyway. Being influencial he would need alot of prayers anyway .

Upvote 0

Vanguard PCD

Progressive Christian Deist
Jan 27, 2013
Alabama, USA
✟16,492.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Everything from Stryper to Skillet.

I'm a drummer and grew up in the 80s/90s, when Christian rock was still a thorn in the side of the old school Bible thumpers. Fortunately they have retired or moved on. The younger generation of pastors tends to embrace modern music more readily, and some of these mega-churches have AWESOME stages for concerts!

I'd rather hear a good Christian rock band concert, than sit through an hour long sermon by some pastor, who is yelling at everyone.

Upvote 0