Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Here is a quote from "Vines Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words":

In the Hebrew, there is also the connotation of that which is at the center... thus it's main idea overall is that which is the center, or seat, of our mental and emotional makeup... the distiction between heart and soul and mind is a fuzzy one; the heart influences the mind, and vice versa; and the soul encompasses them both in a sense, as the soul is that which brings life and vitality to our physical bodies.

Hope this helps;

Mike

Thanks, that does help.

Early after my paranoid experience, I was reading the first few chapters of Genesis and was convinced that if I could just understand that section that it was a secret message describing the nature of humans and the nature of reality. I started making a diagram with mind, heart, spirit, etc. and how they interact and then trying to read verses in the New Testament with that model in mind to see if they made more sense. Somehow I lost that diagram, but I think the idea was promising - even if my diagram was probably silly.

Upvote 0

RaiseTheDead

Jul 15, 2012
✟1,035.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
describing the nature of humans and the nature of reality. I started making a diagram with mind, heart, spirit, etc. and how they interact and then trying to read verses in the New Testament with that model in mind to see if they made more sense.

That's one advantage to the KJV: it stays consistent with its word choice, so once you have one "key" to understanding, it does indeed open other doors where the same word relates the same concept.

Upvote 0