Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks, I've been baptized, so that is covered. I have to decide what I think is the purpose of church for me (if any). Like some churches think the purpose is mostly communion. Other churches think it is teaching. Other churches think it is social bonding with other Christians. I don't know what I think. I know I would rather not go to church unless it's really important.

The purpose of the church is some of all the above, but I think it's primary purpose is to draw you into fellowship with other believers for the purpose of doing good in the community and world around you. Many of the things God calls us to do are most efficiently done as part of a church body.

I also believe that learning the Bible is very important, and joining a small group Bible study at a church is the bst place to begin this journey. This is particularly true for you, as you will learn how to discern your experiences better as you come to understand who God is by His revelation in the Bible.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I went to sleep badly depressed. The dream woke me up in the early morning suddenly feeling very hopeful and happy. That mood seemed to last about a week. It was similar to how I felt after I read the Nicene Creed and reached the line about baptism. That made me hopeful for about a week too. Those are the only two positive "experiences" I remember. I had a hallucination of Jesus during communion too, but it scared and confused me.

I was more interested in how the actual dream felt/seemed to you... was it different in some way (other than content) than your normal dreams?

I guess most people seem to agree with you. It's just how it seemed to me.

Believe me, I would much rather that everyone be saved, but I take my doctrine from the Bible. This is the only reliable source of who God is and how He relates to us.

I think I've already done that at various times in my life. Most recently I was baptized in the Orthodox church and that was a public proclamation of faith. So I think that is covered.

That is fine. Just know that without true faith in Jesus, no baptism, confession, communion, or any other ritual will be of any value to you. I am sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you do not have faith in Jesus I am afraid that you are lost.

Heb 11:6 NKJV But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The purpose of the church is some of all the above, but I think it's primary purpose is to draw you into fellowship with other believers for the purpose of doing good in the community and world around you. Many of the things God calls us to do are most efficiently done as part of a church body.

I also believe that learning the Bible is very important, and joining a small group Bible study at a church is the bst place to begin this journey. This is particularly true for you, as you will learn how to discern your experiences better as you come to understand who God is by His revelation in the Bible.

Hmmm. Well that makes sense about church. I didn't think about the charity angle.

I have been trying to read the bible, but often I don't understand or I suspect it is corrupted by somebody (even some of the quotes from Jesus). In the case of Buddhism, I read that what Buddha taught is often what Buddha's disciples taught. Buddha's disciples would say that their teacher said something, because they thought it was wrong to take credit themselves for an idea that was inspired by their teacher. It was considered a sign of respect to your teacher and not dishonest to do that.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm. Well that makes sense about church. I didn't think about the charity angle.

There is also the benefit of having mature, sincere Christian brothers (in your case) to disciple you and help you find your way. Be carefull of any church that puts too much emphasis on following their code of rules that are taken from the OT or absent from the Bible altogether.

I have been trying to read the bible, but often I don't understand or I suspect it is corrupted by somebody (even some of the quotes from Jesus). In the case of Buddhism, I read that what Buddha taught is often what Buddha's disciples taught. Buddha's disciples would say that their teacher said something, because they thought it was wrong to take credit themselves for an idea that was inspired by their teacher. It was considered a sign of respect to your teacher and not dishonest to do that.

The Bible claims to be inspired by the Holy Spirit. Different authors wrote from different points of view and with different emphasis, and Jesus ministered all over Judea and Galilee for at least 3 years, so many of His teachings would have been repeated by Him many times, and so we get slightly different wording here and there, or a slightly different context here and there, but the content of His teaching is mostly the same in Matthew, Mark, and Luke (called the synoptic gospels). The gospel of John was written later, and contains many of John's unique insights into Jesus' private conversations with Peter, James, and himself... and also with others that perhaps only John was privileged among the disciples to hear (John 3 jumps to mind). But the bottom line is that it was God who inspired these writers to record what they did, and even when the exact wording is different the message is clear. Understand that these were not just the recollections of old men, but the Holy Spirit inspired teachings of God that were recorded.

There are VERY few truly disputed passages in the Gospels... the two prominent ones are the end of Mark and the story of the adulterous woman in John 8... aside from these there are no passages in dispute among conservative scholars, only words here and there; and those are marked in the text by a tinly letter, asterick, or something like that, with a brief explanation at the bottom of the text. This is true of the entire NT, there are a few passages in dispute, but the vast majority of the text is accepted as authentic with a word disputed here and there. Really, there are no major doctrines that are in doubt, unless one totally discounts the authenticity and general accuracy of the copies we do have. We have enough fragments from the 2nd and early 3rd century to form most of the NT, and we have complete NT manuscripts that go back as far as the 4th or 5th century if I remember correctly. We also have quotes from the early church fathers (late first century through 3-4th century) that accurately correspond with the Bible manuscripts. Really, the Bible is reliable.

Different translations can be an issue, though, as many times the same passage is translated differently by different groups... I think the most reliable translations are the New King James Version (NKJV), the New American Standard Bible (NASB), the New International Version (NIV), and the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)... I listed these in my order of preference, but any of these will help you learn of God accurately. They often use different words, but if you take the whole passage in context, the message is basically the same.

Any questions you have regarding the Bible I would be happy to help you with as I am able... I have an Associate of Theology and study the Bible alot, but of course I don't have all the answers. I would love to help you understand the Bible if I can, but truly you will never come to understand the Bible as God wants you to without the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Any questions you have regarding the Bible I would be happy to help you with as I am able... I have an Associate of Theology and study the Bible alot, but of course I don't have all the answers. I would love to help you understand the Bible if I can, but truly you will never come to understand the Bible as God wants you to without the indwelling Holy Spirit.

How about Matthew 18:15-20 "the brother who sins against you". When I read that paragraph it didn't seem to belong there. (In other words it didn't seem like something Jesus would have said in my opinion.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How about Matthew 18:15-20 "the brother who sins against you". When I read that paragraph it didn't seem to belong there.

A couple of general things to note about Matthew:

1) Matthew's emphasis was on the Jewish reader, thus we see many things Jesus said and did presented in a Jewish context (as opposeed to Luke, who wrote mainly for a gentile audience). Also, we see more references to fulfilled OT prophecies in Matthew than in the other gospels because of this.

2) Matthew often arranged Jesus' teachings topically, not in chronological order.

I mentio these things just to help you understand some of the differences between Matthew and the other gospels... it may answer some other questions you have or will have in the future. The 2nd one may have some application to Mat 18:15-20, but at first glance I don't think so.

If you go back to 18:1, we see the question that Jesus was asked; and the following talk of children is simply an example of how those who wish to be great in the Kingdom must be humble and willing to trust as a child. Following that, starting in verse 5 or 6, Jesus transitioned to how we should treat children (and also the simple), calling us not to place stumbling blocks in their way to faith. After this, starting in verse 11, Jesus speaks of how important saving the lost should be to those who wish to be great in the Kingdom; then finally in verse 15, Jesus again transitions to how one should respond to others sins against us... again, in the context of who is the greatest in the Kingdom. So it does fit, you just have to follow the line of reasoning, and the transitions, that Jesus was following.

Hope this helps. Did you also want some interpretation?

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I was more interested in how the actual dream felt/seemed to you... was it different in some way (other than content) than your normal dreams?
The whole dream was very fast - I felt like I was being attacked by the first light and then it was gone and there was the star in the sky that I felt was Jesus. All that happened in a flash and it was over. I can't think of anything else remarkable about the dream - except that it was so beautiful to see Jesus - that part seemed to be very slow and peaceful.

Saint John of the Ladder of Divine Ascent said something I think about:
"He who believes in dreams is completely inexperienced. But he who distrusts all dreams is a wise man." (Step 3: Concerning dreams that beginners have).

That is fine. Just know that without true faith in Jesus, no baptism, confession, communion, or any other ritual will be of any value to you. I am sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you do not have faith in Jesus I am afraid that you are lost.

If anybody had true faith in Jesus then they would live like Jesus and nobody does that. Therefore nobody has true faith in Jesus. Personally I don't think anybody should call themselves a Christian, because that is a lie. We are all unbelievers to varying degrees.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The whole dream was very fast - I felt like I was being attacked by the first light and then it was gone and there was the star in the sky that I felt was Jesus. All that happened in a flash and it was over. I can't think of anything else remarkable about the dream - except that it was so beautiful to see Jesus - that part seemed to be very slow and peaceful.

Saint John of the Ladder of Divine Ascent said something I think about:
"He who believes in dreams is completely inexperienced. But he who distrusts all dreams is a wise man." (Step 3: Concerning dreams that beginners have).

The lack of extreme clarity and power of the dream makes me less certain about it's validity, but that is only becaue my vision experience was of such a powerfull and clear nature compared to my normal visualizations. Perhaps you are just used to a more clear and potent visualization in your mind and dreams... I admit that this is not a strong suit in my life.

Every experience has to be held up to the light of God's word, so it is right to be skeptical of dreams. This one doesn't seem to contradict the Bible, so it does have that going for it.

If anybody had true faith in Jesus then they would live like Jesus and nobody does that. Therefore nobody has true faith in Jesus. Personally I don't think anybody should call themselves a Christian, because that is a lie. We are all unbelievers to varying degrees.

There is a difference between faith and obedience. We can believe but still find our natural limited selves getting in the way of complete obedience. The question is:

Despite occassional doubts, is the set position of your heart faith in Jesus Christ? Or is it the other way around... occassional faith but set disbelief? We all doubt, but what is the set position of your heart/mind?

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The lack of extreme clarity and power of the dream
There is a difference between faith and obedience. We can believe but still find our natural limited selves getting in the way of complete obedience. The question is:

Despite occassional doubts, is the set position of your heart faith in Jesus Christ? Or is it the other way around... occassional faith but set disbelief? We all doubt, but what is the set position of your heart/mind?

Part of me believes in Christianity. Another part recognizes that most Christian beliefs are obviously false or misunderstood. Christians put blinders on and pretend they don't see the obvious, because they think they will go to hell if they admit the truth.

So I'm looking for the real Christianity that I can believe because it is obviously true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Part of me believes in Christianity. Another part recognizes that most Christian beliefs are obviously false or misunderstood. Christians put blinders on and pretend they don't see the obvious, because they think they will go to hell if they admit the truth.

So I'm looking for the real Christianity that I can believe because it is obviously true.

Well I admit that there is plenty of truth that I am unaware of, yet that doesn't change what I do know to be true. Can you give me the best example of something you believe Christians blind ourselves to? You may be surprised...

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well I admit that there is plenty of truth that I am unaware of, yet that doesn't change what I do know to be true. Can you give me the best example of something you believe Christians blind ourselves to? You may be surprised...

I don't know about the best example, but a good one is the getting saved issue that you already mentioned. People say: "Well you just say this prayer and then you're saved." But then they say: "Well I don't think you were sincere enough. Did you pray with your whole heart? Did you feel anything after you prayed? Did you speak in tongues? Hmmm, it worked for me, I wonder what's wrong with you?"

Another issue is salvation. You have Catholics who sometimes have said there is no salvation outside the Catholic church. You have the Orthodox who believe they are the only real church, but apparently they aren't sure what that implies - at least I could never figure it out. You have Protestants that think a person needs a dramatic conversion experience to be saved. Then you have Christians in general that think all the Buddhists and Hindus and Moslems and Jews and atheists are going to hell. But then they might be best friends with these non-Christians and never bring up religion because that isn't polite. They just shrug their shoulders and say "well, it's a shame they are going to hell".

It shows all the signs of people that don't really believe what they say they believe. They are afraid to admit that because they don't want to be alienated from their denomination or they don't want to go to hell or whatever. That's my opinion.

Upvote 0

RaiseTheDead

Jul 15, 2012
✟1,035.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm just wondering what people think communion is about.

Much like the Cross, Communion (I haven't encountered Orthodox calling it that) "is about" MANY different things! All of them are valid. (I'm not going with transubstantiation though ^_^

We, being many, are made one. And the process includes suffering.
Jesus IS our life, and our life-giver.
It is a period of somber introspection, brokenness, and humility

Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
My ideas about Christian theology are partly from personal "spiritual" or "delusional" experiences that I've had. For example, a couple of times I thought I "saw" Jesus. Both times I was totally amazed by the love He seemed to have for people for no reason. It went way beyond the normal "Jesus loves everybody" that people say all the time.

So when I sometimes believe in Jesus, I have a hard time believing that things like baptism, communion, accepting Jesus with my heart, attending church, being a good person, or anything else are very important. Everything depends on Jesus loving us. And Jesus seems to see something of hidden value in each of us. Like Jesus discovers a treasure buried in a field (we are the field) and He sells everything to buy that field.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what I should be doing. I've been reading about Buddhism and meditation, because those things make perfect sense to me. But on the other hand, my "spiritual" experiences involve Christianity.

Thanks for any ideas.

This depends a great deal on the Christian denomination you affiliate with. It could be nothing, or regular prayer, fasting and attendance of services all through the week.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know about the best example, but a good one is the getting saved issue that you already mentioned. People say: "Well you just say this prayer and then you're saved." But then they say: "Well I don't think you were sincere enough. Did you pray with your whole heart? Did you feel anything after you prayed? Did you speak in tongues? Hmmm, it worked for me, I wonder what's wrong with you?"

Unfortunately, you are right about the confusion regarding what should be THE primary thing about Christianity... for me it all boils down to: "What does the Bible have to say?"

Rom 10:8-17 NASB But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, (9) that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; (10) for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. (11) For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED." (12) For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; (13) for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED." (14) How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? (15) How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!" (16) However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, "LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?" (17) So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

Believing in faith that God raised Jesus from the dead, and confessing publicly that Jesus is Lord (God incarnate, rightful ruler over all mankind)... that is the Biblical basis for being saved, or born again. The problem is that there are a great many churches that add or subtract from this, and even some that don't include this at all. I cannot explain why... the Bible is crystal clear on the issue.

Another issue is salvation. You have Catholics who sometimes have said there is no salvation outside the Catholic church. You have the Orthodox who believe they are the only real church, but apparently they aren't sure what that implies - at least I could never figure it out. You have Protestants that think a person needs a dramatic conversion experience to be saved. Then you have Christians in general that think all the Buddhists and Hindus and Moslems and Jews and atheists are going to hell. But then they might be best friends with these non-Christians and never bring up religion because that isn't polite. They just shrug their shoulders and say "well, it's a shame they are going to hell".

Sad but true. Again, the Bible is clear on how one is saved, and it definitely isn't by taking communion at one church or another, and it isn't by being a member in good standing of any denomination... it is by faith in Jesus. This is why I was concerned over your real heart on the matter, because that is ALL that matters as far as BECOMING a Christian... but that is just the beginning of a walk with God that lasts forever, and too many churches that preach salvation by faith neglect what follows the new birth, which should be a new life that is changed and full of loving service towards God and others, empowered by the Holy Spirit living in the believer's heart. One of the major things, aside from love itself, that marks a true believer is a desire to share their faith with others... many start out with this fire but it is soon put out by resistance from those they share with, and sadly even from other believers.

It shows all the signs of people that don't really believe what they say they believe. They are afraid to admit that because they don't want to be alienated from their denomination or they don't want to go to hell or whatever. That's my opinion.

Yep, a lot of that going around in the church today. Jesus predicted that the church would become like this overall, though:

Rev 3:14-22 NKJV
"And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, 'These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:(15)"I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.(16)So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.(17)Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked—(18)I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.(19)As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.(20)Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.(21)To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.(22)"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." ' "

Another passage explains the fear of man:

Pro 29:25 NKJV
The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the LORD shall be safe.

The problem is that men have begun to trust in their own wisdom and understanding and have minimized or even rejected the authority of God's word... as the prophet Jeremiah said to the people of Israel long ago:

Jer 17:5-9 NKJV Thus says the LORD: "Cursed is the man who trusts in man And makes flesh his strength, Whose heart departs from the LORD. (6) For he shall be like a shrub in the desert, And shall not see when good comes, But shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, In a salt land which is not inhabited. (7) "Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD. (8) For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.

I encourage you to study God's word for yourself on these matters. Don't take my word for it, look into Scripture for yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Rom 10:8-17 NASB ... (10) for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation...

There is a lot of good points in your post, but what really popped-out to me was the verse I quoted.

"Heart" seems to appear in many Bible verses, but I've never been clear what it means. The verse I think about is "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind". I've always thought that Jesus chose these three different words because they describe three different parts that define a human in Jewish beliefs. So I was wondering if you know more on that.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
[Dragons87 wrote]…… The "Christian" answer would be that he abandoned his deity, came humbly to earth, lived like us, suffered and died for our sins, rose from the dead and restored our relationship with the Father. If you believe in that answer, then you're "Christian"; if not, you're something else.

I would have to disagree with you on that point.

If you believe that the man Jesus was a God who became a man, and not a man who became a God, then you would be a spiritual child of the church of Constantine that was established in the 4th century and not a spiritual child of the Apostolic church of Christ, that was founded in Jerusalem some 300 years earlier.

The apostles who believe that Jesus was a man, a human being of the seed of Adam and born of two human parents, who was given divine glory by our Lord God and Saviour, and is now incontestably divine and sits in our Father’s throne of Godhead to the creation, and who, in Revelation 3: 21; invites those; who, like himself, are able to win the victory over the ruler of this world also, to sit with him in our Father’s throne of Godhead within the creation. And all creation Visible and Invisible, which, according to Paul, includes even the angels, will bow at their feet.

I've been trying to read a paragraph from the Bible every day, and I saw this at Matthew 22 NIV. Anyway, I thought I would post it. I like the idea of Jesus having a human father, because that makes him more like the trailblazer for the path that all humans must follow. But this verse seems to contradict that idea.
Whose Son Is the Messiah?

41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, 42 “What do you think about the Messiah? Whose son is he?”
“The son of David,” they replied.
43 He said to them, “How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him ‘Lord’? For he says,
44 “‘The Lord said to my Lord:
“Sit at my right hand
until I put your enemies
under your feet.”’[a]

45 If then David calls him ‘Lord,’ how can he be his son?” 46 No one could say a word in reply, and from that day on no one dared to ask him any more questions.
Matthew 22:41-46 NIV - Whose Son Is the Messiah? - While the - Bible Gateway

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Then you would be wrong.
I'm sure you are right about me being wrong. :)

I'm not at a level of faith where I personally care about any of that theology. I just saw the bible verse and thought of your post. Then I thought well, maybe this isn't a coincidence and God wants me to remind you about that bible verse. That's all. Better safe than sorry.

You are talking about things that are way beyond where I'm at in faith and theology. Sometimes I think I'm an atheist, sometimes I think I'm a Christian, sometimes I think I'm a Buddhist.

When speaking to Nicodemus, Jesus said, “And no man has ascended to heaven, except, (except who?) except he who came down, even the “Son of Man,” who “IS” in heaven. Jesus who was filled with the spirit/words of the Lord God our savior, which had descended from the heights of time, reveals the man who had ascended to heaven and was anointed as heir and successor to the throne of Godhead was still in heaven when he spoke with Nicodemus.

Jesus was the chosen host body, in which the spirit of our Lord and savior revealed himself to the world. Jesus spoke not one word on his own authority, but only that which he was commanded to say by the Lord our savior.

Enoch was carried to God at the age of 365, the number of days in a calendar year, (The unblemished Lamb of God) See Genesis 5: 23; There he was anointed by the Most High in the creation and translated from a being of corruptible matter into a being of Glorious incorruptible light. See Hebrew 11: 5.

How was he redeemed 3 thousand years before Jesus died?

Mankind is the most high in the creation, Lord of creatures and the prototype of the “Son of Man,” who is the lord of all the spiritual godheads to all the other lower species of life forms.

And the Most High, who held the ransom blood of righteous Abel, which could save but one man, said to his servants tempting them: ‘Let Enoch stand before my face into eternity,’ and the glorious creatures bowed down to the Lord, and said: ‘Let Enoch go according to Thy word.’

And the Lord said to Michael: ‘Go take Enoch from out his earthly garments, and anoint him with my sweet ointment, and put him into the garments of my glory.’

And Michael did thus as the Lord told him. He anointed me, and dressed me, and the appearance of that ointment is more than the great light, and his ointment is like sweet dew, and its smell mild, shining like the suns rays, and I looked at myself, and was like one of his glorious ones.

And the Lord summoned one of his arch-angels by name Pravuil, whose knowledge was quicker in wisdom than the other arch-angels, who wrote all the deeds of the Lord; and the Lord said to Pravuil: ‘Bring out the books from my store-houses, and a reed of quick writing, and give it to Enoch, and deliver to him the choice and comforting books out of thy hand.

Enoch was then told to write down the souls of all who would ever live and the positions for each one into all eternity, for all souls are prepared to eternity.

The pre-flood body of mankind was submerged in the baptismal waters of the earth and the new post-flood body arose from the waters, which body was the tent/tabernacle in which, behind the veil of the flesh, within the holy of holies in the inner most sanctuary of the body of the most high in the creation dwells our living ancestral Spirit, in his ascent to the ends of time.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is a lot of good points in your post, but what really popped-out to me was the verse I quoted.

"Heart" seems to appear in many Bible verses, but I've never been clear what it means. The verse I think about is "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind". I've always thought that Jesus chose these three different words because they describe three different parts that define a human in Jewish beliefs. So I was wondering if you know more on that.

Here is a quote from "Vines Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words":

(G2588), "the heart" (Eng., "cardiac," etc.), the chief organ of physical life ("for the life of the flesh is in the blood," Lev_17:11), occupies the most important place in the human system. By an easy transition the word came to stand for man's entire mental and moral activity, both the rational and the emotional elements. In other words, the heart is used figuratively for the hidden springs of the personal life. "The Bible describes human depravity as in the 'heart,' because sin is a principle which has its seat in the center of man's inward life, and then 'defiles' the whole circuit of his action, Mat_15:19, Mat_15:20. On the other hand, Scripture regards the heart as the sphere of Divine influence, Rom_2:15; Act_15:9.... The heart, as lying deep within, contains 'the hidden man,' 1Pe_3:4, the real man. It represents the true character but conceals it"

In the Hebrew, there is also the connotation of that which is at the center... thus it's main idea overall is that which is the center, or seat, of our mental and emotional makeup... the distiction between heart and soul and mind is a fuzzy one; the heart influences the mind, and vice versa; and the soul encompasses them both in a sense, as the soul is that which brings life and vitality to our physical bodies.

Hope this helps;

Mike

Upvote 0