Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I really like a lot of noise bands and quite a few experimental bands; however, many of these noise bands have pretty gruesome themes.

Basically a Christian version of Masonna, Merzbow, Zeni Geva, Acid Mothers Temple, or anything like that.

Or something along the lines of John Cage?

swingnscream

more music - dance our troubles away
Jan 25, 2004
I roll with the foxes and hunt with the hounds
✟11,702.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
I could be crazy, and that's ok, but I've never heard of a band being labeled as "noise" ...except from someone over 50 hearing anything they didn't understand or know. got any links? or should I just look up some of what you've got listed?

Upvote 0

Alice the Sister

optimize
Jun 30, 2003
seattle, washington
✟19,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
http://www.bostonnoise.org/noisefaq.htm

And at the bottom they hand out some links to some fundamentals of those styles of 'music'

http://mothersagainstnoise.com/ <-- is a good site for getting free samples of some noise bands.

Btw, don't blame me if you hate this kind of music. I make no such claim. However, many people do like it, and I for one find it enjoyable to zone out to (certain kinds, at least)

Upvote 0

swingnscream

more music - dance our troubles away
Jan 25, 2004
I roll with the foxes and hunt with the hounds
✟11,702.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Ok, I have to laugh when music comes with a disclaimer, but other than that...
Alright, I went to a music festival [Cornerstone] a few years back and saw a band that would probably fit, but I'm not sure if it was: Reels of White Softly Flow or Mercury Radio Theather
I'm pretty sure it was Reels of White Softly Flow. feel free to check them out.

There's also a band called the Listening ...they might not be close enough to what you like becuz they're labeled as Psychedelic/Indie instead of Experimental. I thought I'd throw their name out there, cuz they're different than most of the stuff I listen to and if you'd be into their style, I'd highly recommend them.

Upvote 0

holyrokker

Contributor
Sep 4, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

The Theory

Bagpipes well could he blow.
May 23, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Visit site
✟2,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have never stumbled across a noise band labeled as Christian. The closes would be "Enjoy Your Rabbit" by Sufjan Stevens, which would be more along the lines of an electronic Steve Reich.

As far as more "standard" experimental rock goes, check out this thread:

http://www.christianforums.com/t3206878-christian-experimental-music.html

It was a discussion we had on the topic several months ago.

But yeah, I'd have no qualms about listening to Merzbow-- the man is a genious.

Upvote 0

ParaCristo

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2005
Kansas City Area ,Mo
Visit site
✟105,976.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
TLF....those samples sounded like spoken word over Tribal....

AS far as Christian noise....we have a 82 yr old dude who snores through service....I could bust out my mini recorder for the main parts and then lay some beats down behind it and Email it to ya?
whatdaya think?

Reactions: WintarNaht
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alice the Sister

optimize
Jun 30, 2003
seattle, washington
✟19,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Which merzbow samples did YOU listen to? Hmmm... I haven't heard any that sound like spoken word over tribal. Though with his thousands of releases I don't doubt he's made an album of stuff like that.

And all of these bands most people are name-dropping are either hardcore/metalcore or perhaps a 'unique' rock band.

Still nothing remotely close to what I'm looking for. :(

Although Mute Math and Ester Drang are described like something similar to what I'm looking for, atm I'm not able to listen to them but i will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

holyrokker

Contributor
Sep 4, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

The Theory

Bagpipes well could he blow.
May 23, 2002
Lancaster, PA
Visit site
✟2,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I thought of one yesterday.
Stephen Mark Sarro was in the experimental "Christian" rock band Tantrum Of The Muse. I put Christian in "" not because the members weren't Christians (they were) but because they were fairly extreme lyrically.

Stephen Mark Sarro released a solo album last year that is fairly noise oriented, although not the great, layered sound of a Merzbow, but more of the haphazard, random noise. He has a myspace, though the one song on that is not a great representation of the album as a whole as the song is more along the lines of Scaterd Few. but that is myspace dot com slash stephenmarksarro

Upvote 0

Alice the Sister

optimize
Jun 30, 2003
seattle, washington
✟19,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
'noise' is not hardcore/metalcore btw. Though some consider bands like melt-banana, The Locust, and Blood Brothers to be noise even though they're more extremo or in the hardcore vein.

I tried audio paradox, and it just sounded like traditional techno. . .

Upvote 0