Christian Naturism - Skinny Dipping

As a Christian, have you ever gone skinny dipping?

• Yes. All the time. Alone or in a crowd.

• Yes. Sometimes. Alone or in a crowd.

• Yes. All the time, but only alone.

• Yes. Sometimes, but only alone.

• Never.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I live in Florida, and the warm ocean is great, except for hurricanes! In late November last year, we went to the beach; the ocean was 78 degrees then. The "suited" boy is 10; I think he's only hesitant because some people have told him he must wear a suit outdoors. If he's anything like his parents, this phase won't last long. ;)

Also, I believe the prohibition about "uncovering the nakedness" of relatives in the King James is a euphamism for "have sexual relations", much as "sleep with" is used today.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well I still believe it would cause lust in a man,actually it doesn't even take seeing a woman naked to cause lust in a man,so how can it not be sinful when it causes adultery according to Jesus himself? "If you look at a woman and lust after her,you have already commited adultery in your heart".

Upvote 0

Natman

Aug 17, 2004
Houston, Texas, USA
✟16,420.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
soblessed53 said:
Well I still believe it would cause lust in a man,actually it doesn't even take seeing a woman naked to cause lust in a man,so how can it not be sinful when it causes adultery according to Jesus himself? "If you look at a woman and lust after her,you have already commited adultery in your heart".

I know you do not believe this, and you won't until you actually exoerience it yourself, but the presence of naked bodies actually causes LESS lust than the presence of seductively dressed or even finely dressed bodies, particularly in broad daylight, where our physical imperfections are so clearly visible.

I can speak from experience when I say that I have been in the presence of MANY naked women and I have NEVER lusted after anyone except my own wife... period.

Son-cerely,
Nathan Powers.

Upvote 0

Natman

Aug 17, 2004
Houston, Texas, USA
✟16,420.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
RC Sproul - "Covering the Shame (from "The Holiness of God")

On my way into work this morning, I heard RC Sproul discuss the topic of human nakedness in a radio broadcast titled "Covering the Shame" which is a excerpt from his book "The Holiness of God".
There are many positive comments relating to being naked and his closing remarks are great.

I think you should be able to listen to it by clicking on the following links...

http://broadcast.ligonier.org/playlists/rym20050920.m3u (Wind Media)

http://broadcast.ligonier.org/playlists/rym20050920.asx (Real Player)

Son-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Upvote 0

Natman

Aug 17, 2004
Houston, Texas, USA
✟16,420.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
little_lily613 said:
I live in the Maritimes, have my whole life. I've never heard about any nude beaches around here though. I'm not saying they don't exist, just that I've never heard of them before....

Here are some clothing-optional beaches in the eastern section of Canada...
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BLOOMING POINT BEACH (PEI)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Located on the North Shore and on the east end of the Prince Edward Island National Park in Blooming Point, this beach is quite spectacular. It has dunes, a wide expanse of sand and shallow water. Mostly used by locals, it is not a "legal" nude beach. However, once you get down the path to the beach, turn left and walk until you nearly get to a fence. This is a good 20 minute walk. You may encounter nude sunbathers, a couple or two or a few singles. Some sun lovers shelter their spot with towels or rocks for privacy. The last arrest were quite a few years ago and it was because of sexual activity. The fence is to prevent people from going into an area where there are nesting piping plovers, an endangered species in Prince Edward Island so it is advisable to not go past that area. Directions are easy if you have a map. Just go down the Blooming Point road to the very end, the parking area is to the left. Like any beach, it is much busier on weekends. There are no facilities of any kind so come prepared.[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
KELLY'S BEACH (NB)[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kouchibouguac National Park. From the boardwalk entrance to the beach, approximately 1.6 km (1 mi.) south across the tidal pools and away from the lifeguard stations, one is free to discard clothing and spend a pleasant day in the nude. A family-atmosphere beach.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]KOUCHIBOUGUAC NATIONAL PARK (NB)[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kouchibouguac National Park offers 40 km (25 mi.) of sandy shore on the Northumberland Strait. Of the four areas (dunes), only two are accessible by car. The main dune, South Kouchibouguac, is 7 km (4.3 mi.) long, ample to accommodate the clothed and the nude sunbather. Take Route 11 from Moncton to Kouchibouguac Park.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CRYSTAL CRESCENT BEACH (Halifax, NS)[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Halifax has its own formal nude ocean beach recommended to visitors who ask the Tourist Bureau. Great scenery, up to 300 friendly people on a weekend. From Armdale Rotary at the head of the Northwest Arm in Halifax, drive south on Route 349 for 2.6 km (1.6 mi.), and turn right following the Old Sambro Road for 18.1 km (11.2 mi.) via Harrietsfield. In Sambro at the stop sign and Hart's Store, turn right and drive 2.4 km (1.5 mi.), following the signs to park at Crystal Crescent Beach. From its lot to the right you'll see the first two beaches, which are clothes-required. Walk 20 minutes south, past the second beach to the third, whether by shore or overland path. Starting with the third beach and south along the rocks, the entire coast and peninsula are openly clothes-optional.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SUZIE'S LAKE (NS) [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Very secluded, Suzie's Lake is still lightly used. If driving on Route 102 south from exit 2, stop and park at the first green highway sign you find (about halfway to exit 1) and descend the path to the west to the Birch Cove Lakes (opposite side of Centennial Drive from the Bedford Basin). It's about a 10-minute walk to Suzie's, the first lake you'll reach.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GASPERAU RIVER (NS)[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you're in the old French area, about two hours directly west of Halifax by freeway, and it's a hot summer day, try the pools on the Gaspereau river above the power generating plant. Wolfville is the centre of the lowland country reclaimed from the Bay of Fundy with elaborate dikes. Gaspereau Avenue, starting at the Wolfville library, will lead you to the bridge over the Gaspereau. Cross to the east side, turn south, then almost immediately, at a church on the left, turn right again, and follow the Gaspereau upstream a few kilometers to where the power plant dams the stream. Here cross to the west side, continuing upstream about 0.8 km (a half mile) to the high-voltage lines. Park and follow them east down to the wooded, cooling pools. Or walk upstream from the power plant.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ANNAPOLIS RIVER ISLAND (NS)[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On the Bay of Fundy find the historic town of Annapolis Royal, then take the road toward Bridgetown. About 5 to 6 km (3&endash;4 mi.) on your way, an inconspicuous dirt road leads from Route 201 down to the beach at the island. If in doubt, ask for directions. The beach is lovely, on the shore of a dammed causeway of the Annapolis River. Long used for skinny-dipping. Heavy river traffic on weekends, so be discreet.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INVERNESS BEACH (NS)[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On northernmost Cape Breton Island, Inverness features a waterfall that crashes down into the ocean. A virtual paradise that resembles Big Sur, it's a favourite spot with the locals. Take Route 104 to the Canso Causeway. From there take Route 19 along the western shore for 85 km (53 mi.). Just before crossing the railroad tracks into Inverness, take a left onto Sight Point Road. Follow this road for 10 km (6.2 mi.) and park along the side near the farm buildings. Walk an additional 1.5 km (0.9 mi.) until you see the path that leads to the beach.[/font]

For more information look for Federation of Canadian Naturists on the web.

Son-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Upvote 0
Sep 6, 2005
Norway, near the sea
✟53,493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now I know which beaches I will definately NOT visit, if I ever go to Canada, thank you very much :D . Oh dear! I would never show myself without clothes and would never want to be around nudists for sure! So it is good if the nudists are considerate and caring enough to stay in isolated places reserved for them, in order to not offend people who prefer to be dressed with dignity. As Christians, our bodies are temples to the Holy Spirit. :groupray: God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Natman

Aug 17, 2004
Houston, Texas, USA
✟16,420.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Natman said:
RC Sproul - "Covering the Shame (from "The Holiness of God")

On my way into work this morning, I heard RC Sproul discuss the topic of human nakedness in a radio broadcast titled "Covering the Shame" which is a excerpt from his book "The Holiness of God".
There are many positive comments relating to being naked and his closing remarks are great.

I think you should be able to listen to it by clicking on the following links...

http://broadcast.ligonier.org/playlists/rym20050920.m3u (Wind Media)

http://broadcast.ligonier.org/playlists/rym20050920.asx (Real Player)

Has anyone else taken the time to listen to this audio link by RC Sproul?

Son-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Upvote 0

MaryRose86

Oct 14, 2005
✟635.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Natman said:
Has anyone else taken the time to listen to this audio link by RC Sproul?

Im without sound at the moment..

My answer to the poll was never, though some day I may be daring enough to do it.. but I would have to be sure I was totally alone. :o

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Natman

Aug 17, 2004
Houston, Texas, USA
✟16,420.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ArmouredSaint said:
I have after a hunting experience that left me needing a dip,yea.Up in Montana not here in Washington.

An example of practical nudity... skinny dipping after hunting.

Oh yeah... happy birthday!

Son-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Upvote 0

livinginthelight

Nov 11, 2005
✟231.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Natman said:
There was and article in the Travel section of www.canada.com today titled:

Growing number going to nude beaches and campgrounds in the Maritimes
http://www.canada.com/travel/story.html?id=29e93c09-b1db-4f59-afe6-1769d72d0b16

It states that nearly all Canadians have gone skinny dipping at some time.

As a Christian have you ever gone skinny dipping? (Bath tubs don't count.)

I am a Christian and a naturist. I have been one as long as I can remember, although I was not brought up in a nudist environment.

I see no conflict between my faith and being a naturist. It isn't for everybody, but it should be. Some people cannot get over guilt and hangups that are imposed on us all.

God made us all different. There is no shame in the human body no matter how you look. It isn't about being seen or seeing others. It is about body acceptance and experiencing God's wonders au naturale.

Upvote 0

ashley lynne

Loving mom and spouse ♥
Nov 10, 2005
Sunny, Florida
✟7,899.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I was really young and I went with some cousins. It was up at my cabin (during the summer) and nobody was around for miles.
If I were to ever do it again Id have to certain I was alone :o . I cant believe I even did it the first time...:doh:

Upvote 0