1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Less Advertisements! Members see fewer ads and have the option to upgrade their account to ad free!

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Christian masculinity

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by Tallguy88, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Neogaia777

Neogaia777 Apprentice Supporter

Ratings:
    +606
    Marital Status:
    Celibate
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    That made me laugh, thanks, for that...

But, classically that has kinda been the case, except you forgot to add that sometimes women had a scrape, or a little flesh wound, or a boo-boo, and thought they were gonna die, and freak out because of it, there's that extreme also...

Where's the middle ground...?

God Bless!

2. Paidiske

Paidiske Bodily member Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,639
    Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Anglican
    I think "independence as a community" and "independence as an individual" are very different things.

As individuals we are not called to independence. We are called to mutuality; to a lifestyle in which the eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you." We are called to play our part in a bigger body where we both have things to contribute and needs to be met. And in this way we become more than the sum of our parts.

A true self-sufficient hermit who sees no one and neither gives nor receives anything but from God is a rarity and, I would argue, an exception in the Christian life.

3. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,330
    Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    Indeed.