Colorado, Denver Metro
✟11,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One of the Marriage ministry groups we use for support is conducting a Christian Married Women's Study. If you would like to voluntarily participate here is the link

https://eSurv.org?s=MKMINN_c48ce9fa

This is a follow-up research project from a study done about 18 years ago to see how things have changed. Married women of all ages are encouraged to participate for the best overall perspective

Sorry Guys this is for the women only - I am sure one for us will be out soon

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Go find all the literature written on "the purity culture" and the bad effects of it later. Fortunately, i never dealt with any of that stuff. I never got caught up in that whole "fornication" guilt-trip or thinking that booze or recreational drugs were such horrid sins. I don't do any of that now, but I did as a teenager.

Christian women have hang ups on sex mostly because up until marriage they're told to keep pure, keep their clothes on, etc. then all of a sudden on their wedding nights they're supposed to be all turned on and ready to go. Nobody can change a lifetime of indoctrination that quickly.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This is a follow-up research project from a study done about 18 years ago to see how things have changed.
Do you have the results (well.....the conclusions that were drawn from) the "study" that was done 18 years ago? I would be interested in seeing what sort of conclusions were drawn from that one.

From one thing I've been hearing on the news (but not taken the time to review the sources or anything)---apparently less teens (not just in the church.....overall) are having sex outside of marriage (or at least they're saying they are....and the stats are being reflected in the drop of teen pregnancies. Either they're having less sex than the times before them.....or are protecting themselves better anyway). I've read (again.....just in passing) that the stats are the same inside the church and outside of the church. IOW......all the "don't do that!!" teaching isn't really having much of an impact other than creating all sorts of hang-ups and distorted thinking.

• Agree
Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0