Christian hard rock: when did you start to listen to it?

When did you start listening to Christian hard rock?

• When under 18

• When 18-25

• When 25-39

• When over 40

• When over 50

• Never listened regularly to Christian hard rock

• Rather not say

Results are only viewable after voting.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
wont let me post a link, but check out Brother Wolf - "Tunnel Vision" on YouTube.

Okay so I listened. I was looking for a version with the lyrics, but couldn't find one.

For a brief moment I thought of Karl Wolf's Africa! but I see there is no connection with your son! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

Bartholomute

I'm a fan of the Christian parody band, "ApologetiX". If you haven't heard of them, they take secular songs and redo them with all orginal music and Christianized lyrics. The lead singer really has a gift of mimicking the orginal vocals. For people who think this type of thing might be interesting, I always suggest starting off with the song, "Play That Funny Music". A cover of Wild Cherry's, "Play That Funky Music".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't care for Christian hard rock music for personal listening, but feel it serves the young crowd well...bringing them into the faith at times.

So you think it's a positive thing to communicate to the younger generation, then?

Do you have any kids/nieces or nephews or young friends that listen to Christian hard rock?

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟521,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would not actively promote the hard rock Christian music in most cases...I'd steer them to traditional or more soft contemporary music.
I did know a young man drifting from the faith and hard rock Christian music messages brought him back to his good senses. That's why I say it serves a purpose. Such folk aren't inclined to take in a church hymn...too rebellious.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would not actively promote the hard rock Christian music in most cases...I'd steer them to traditional or more soft contemporary music.
I did know a young man drifting from the faith and hard rock Christian music messages brought him back to his good senses. That's why I say it serves a purpose. Such folk aren't inclined to take in a church hymn...too rebellious.
I would not necessarily link Christian hard rock with rebellion. For example, young people today might have grandparents who were into hard rock 40 years ago.

I see that you voted that you started listening to Christian hard rock in your 50s. Interesting... :)

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟521,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe I'm linking rebellion to Christian hard rock at all. Please re-read my post. A young man who is already rebellious and is listening to worldly hard rock will not readily switch over to Christian hymns...as is often the case anyway. The liveliness of worldly hard rock music is much too much in contrast to the spiritual, traditional or softer music and so he rejects the spiritual music out of hand while the hard rock Christian music he may listen to for awhile. The Christian lyrics are of course what strengthens the faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe I'm linking rebellion to Christian hard rock at all. Please re-read my post. A young man who is already rebellious and is listening to worldly hard rock will not readily switch over to Christian hymns...as is often the case anyway. The liveliness of worldly hard rock music is much too much in contrast to the spiritual, traditional or softer music and so he rejects the spiritual music out of hand while the hard rock Christian music he may listen to for awhile. The Christian lyrics are of course what strengthens the faith.

I think we agree; Christian hard rock is not inherently rebellious! :)

Yes, it's the lyrics that count. For example, Disciple's 'Battle Lines' is thorough hard rock, and its lyrics are hard hitting and Biblical.

Blessings.

Upvote 0

PixieSunbelle

formerly xladyfayre
Jan 2, 2007
in some fairy forest
✟16,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a fan of the Christian parody band, "ApologetiX". If you haven't heard of them, they take secular songs and redo them with all orginal music and Christianized lyrics. The lead singer really has a gift of mimicking the orginal vocals. For people who think this type of thing might be interesting, I always suggest starting off with the song, "Play That Funny Music". A cover of Wild Cherry's, "Play That Funky Music".
I love them! I love "All The Stalls Stink". It's such a funny song!

My favorite would be Audio Adrenaline.
I started getting into Christian music when I was 12. I came home from school one day talking about how The Spice Girls were awesome and my mom didn't approve. She approved most of the songs but not all of them. She was hoping if she brought home Christian contemporary music I'd forget about secular music altogether. She was wrong. It added to my music collection. In high school I branched out to a bit harder music like Audio Adrenaline but Point of Grace has always been my favorite. In college I branched out more and began enjoying foreign music like k-pop, j-pop, and the French artist, Alizee.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I love them! I love "All The Stalls Stink". It's such a funny song!

My favorite would be Audio Adrenaline.
I started getting into Christian music when I was 12. I came home from school one day talking about how The Spice Girls were awesome and my mom didn't approve. She approved most of the songs but not all of them. She was hoping if she brought home Christian contemporary music I'd forget about secular music altogether. She was wrong. It added to my music collection. In high school I branched out to a bit harder music like Audio Adrenaline but Point of Grace has always been my favorite. In college I branched out more and began enjoying foreign music like k-pop, j-pop, and the French artist, Alizee.
I guess Point of Grace would be more Christian soft rock.

Upvote 0