Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i think the idea that Satan ISN'T working behind the scenes in some kind of conspiracy is the true conspiracy!

I agree. Who was it who said, the greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing people that he didn't exsist.

I also think that mistaken ideas of God's character can be used to create conspiracy. Dare I mention Westboro Baptist. :sorry: :doh:This is truly unfortunate. :doh:

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think Boy George conspired with President Reagan and the Fraggle Rock fraggles to write Girls on Film

I think Elvis, on the orders of George W Bush, sunk the Titanic with the Death Star that was rigged with a flux capacitor

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
ArmyMatt said:
I think Elvis, on the orders of George W Bush, sunk the Titanic with the Death Star that was rigged with a flux capacitor

Eek gads! A time traveling death star?? That's unstoppable...

Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think Boy George conspired with President Reagan and the Fraggle Rock fraggles to write Girls on Film

Umm...no. Boy George conspired with President Reagan and the Fraggle Rock fraggles to write for the Golden Girls and not Girls on Film.

:p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PashNut4Jesus

Jun 21, 2012
Tennessee
✟15,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
But it seems to me that we have a tendency to take it to the point where we begin to think that there is no such thing as conspiracy at all. While men in secret may or may not be rubbing their hands in conspiratorial anticipation or glee, it is obvious to me that men do conspire for wealth and power. So obviously we shouldn't write aoff all ideas of conspiracy as crazy.

Agreed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nah, he inspired the mask that James Woods and his boys wore when they robbed the bank in "Best Seller" (betting cash $$$ that nobody in here knows what I'm talking about! LOL)

Oh okay... I thought it was Nixon. :p

Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nah, he inspired the mask that James Woods and his boys wore when they robbed the bank in "Best Seller" (betting cash $$$ that nobody in here knows what I'm talking about! LOL)

Oh okay. lol You're right. I don't know what you mean. :D

You have to admit that the Canadian conspiracy entitled 'The Hoser Project' to take over the world, which was led by Justin Bieber, was the balm of conspiracies. :p Talk about an evil mind. ;)

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's a really cool low-budget, but well-done movie that came out in 1987 called "Best Seller." It starred James Woods and Brian Dennehy.

The plot is basically that, back in like 1971 or something like that, five guys march into a police storage facility to steal evidence from previous crimes. They're hooked up with organized crime. They come into the building wearing Nixon masks as disguises. Brian Dennehy is one of the cops on shift. James Woods is one of the killers/robbers in the masks. Woods kills Dennehy's friend, a fellow cop and Dennehy stabs Woods as they're making their escape. Dennehy survives after the others are killed and writes a novel about it. It becomes a best-seller. Years later, Woods comes back into Dennehy's life wanting to tell Dennehy his life story about all the kills and assassinations and dirty jobs he's had to pull off for a mob boss. He wants his story told and the whistle blown on this mobster. The two of them have to overcome all the bad feelings and the mob guy comes after 'em.

Great flick.

Oh okay. lol You're right. I don't know what you mean. :D

You have to admit that the Canadian conspiracy entitled 'The Hoser Project' to take over the world, which was led by Justin Bieber, was the balm of conspiracies. :p Talk about an evil mind. ;)

Upvote 0
P

prodigal brother

prodigal brother, I hope you're not in here to lecture us on how to interpret the Bible or anything like that. I hope you realize this isn't General Theology, but the subforum for Orthodox Christians.

So what are you telling me, orthodox Christianity does not consider satan a real being, cast down to earth as Jesus said he saw him fall like lightning

Upvote 0

Colleen1

Legend
Feb 11, 2011
✟56,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's a really cool low-budget, but well-done movie that came out in 1987 called "Best Seller." It starred James Woods and Brian Dennehy.

The plot is basically that, back in like 1971 or something like that, five guys march into a police storage facility to steal evidence from previous crimes. They're hooked up with organized crime. They come into the building wearing Nixon masks as disguises. Brian Dennehy is one of the cops on shift. James Woods is one of the killers/robbers in the masks. Woods kills Dennehy's friend, a fellow cop and Dennehy stabs Woods as they're making their escape. Dennehy survives after the others are killed and writes a novel about it. It becomes a best-seller. Years later, Woods comes back into Dennehy's life wanting to tell Dennehy his life story about all the kills and assassinations and dirty jobs he's had to pull off for a mob boss. He wants his story told and the whistle blown on this mobster. The two of them have to overcome all the bad feelings and the mob guy comes after 'em.

Great flick.

It sounds interesting. :)

Upvote 0