✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
As I look at the world, I see two million deaths per year due to AIDS

Which has bugger all to do with morality; in most of the world, AIDS is a heterosexual disease. Moreover, the virus has been traced back several decades; one can hardly attribute it to any kind of "wrath of God" against alleged modern inequity. Inasmuch as its spread can be blamed on any modern event or device, blame it on the internal combustion engine, which has enabled diseases to quickly spread around the world along with tourists, console gaming systems, and bananas.

As I've pointed out before, the Black Death burned through medieval Europe, one of the most pious, Christian societies the world has ever known. Pray tell, what did the Europeans do in the Middle Ages to merit such wrath from Almighty God? This will, I believe, be the third time I've posed this question to you; perhaps this time you will deign to answer.

millions of babies killed by abortion

This is truly unfortunate, but the rhetoric of the pro-life movement has done little to stop it. What has made inroads into the abortion tragedy is the effort of people down in the trenches, who offer assistance and counsel rather than harsh words and condemnation, to women contemplating abortion. But as you've already said, you would refuse to humble yourself and reach out to those in need...

the misery of 40% of the children being in poverty because of fornication

As always, your view is provincial. In the United States, yes, there is some correlation between being born out of wedlock and being poor, though this is hardly the only factor involved. Most of the poverty around the world is caused by war, and being born to poor parents. Most children outside the U.S. and Europe who are poor are poor because their parents were poor, their parents' parents were poor, and so on.

Many would like to blame the misery of the world on Bush, but the world is become even more miserable under Obama. The problem is not Bush or Obama, but a world that has turned its back on God.

The world is becoming more miserable in large part because the human race has built an entire civilization based on the existence of cheap fossil fuels and endless easy credit, and that energy source and something-for-nothing credit is going into depletion. This has nothing to do with Obama. What is going on today has been in the works for several decades now, and this is just the beginning.

I can understand why the end of the Age of Petroleum does have some eschatological implications. I have read the writings of some Christians who believe that God endowed the Earth with just enough resources to sustain the human race until the Second Coming, and that the incipient end of cheap oil means the return of Christ is just around the corner. I find such writings interesting and plausible, but unproven. As the Bible says, "no man shall know the hour..."

I do believe the wages of sin is death, and that Atheists need to fear God, even if they are successful at killing me.

You're the one who brought killing into the conversation. You are the one who titled a thread, "God's Genocide of Evil People."

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Killing the Messenger

Those who hate the message, always attempt to kill the messenger in the hope that will kill the message. I guess that is the last resort of those who have lost the debate.

Has anyone tried to kill a messenger? I haven't seen it in this thread.

Many Christians have cowered under such pressure, but I see no need for that.

What pressure?

I see no need to insult individuals, but individuals need to know what the Bible says. Atheists seem to think there disbelief in God and killing the messenger, will somehow make God will leave them alone.

Again, killing what messenger?

Should Atheists fear God?

Romans 6:23 states, "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Romans 12:19 states, "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."

And how many Atheists are going to take this literally?

Hint: What does an Atheistnot believe in?

As I look at the world, I see two million deaths per year due to AIDS, millions of babies killed by abortion, the misery of 40% of the children being in poverty because of fornication, a 50% divorce rate that is nothing less than confusion for all those involved.

I wasn't aware that fornication was the root cause of poverty. I also wasn't aware that Christianity had a cure for anything you've mentioned here -- surely you don't.

Many would like to blame the misery of the world on Bush, but the world is become even more miserable under Obama. The problem is not Bush or Obama, but a world that has turned its back on God.

I don't blame Bush, Obama, or God for disease, poverty, or divorce. Who do you blame?

I do believe the wages of sin is death, and that Atheists need to fear God, even if they are successful at killing me.

Are you under the impression that somebody wants you dead? :scratch:

If you don't like what I say, just say that and we will agree to disagree.

I love what you say, clirus -- I only check your threads for entertainment value.

Ezekiel 33:6-8 states, "Son of man, speak to the children of thy people, and say unto them, When I bring the sword upon a land, if the people of the land take a man of their coasts, and set him for their watchman: If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people; Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head."

I believe every Christian should be a watchman. The watchman is not responsible for the consequences of anyone not heeding the warning, but I believe there is a problem with the failure to warn.

Warn away, clirus -- I appreciate good humor.

The enemy will always want to kill the watchman so that the warning can be prevented.

Except that nobody wants to kill you, clirus. Have you received death threats? You should report those to the police.

Upvote 0

clirus

Jun 20, 2004
✟3,900.00
Faith
Baptist
Nathan Poe quote

I wasn't aware that fornication was the root cause of poverty. I also wasn't aware that Christianity had a cure for anything you've mentioned here -- surely you don't.

Response

The only option the Bible offers is that a person repent of their sin and accept Jesus Christ as Lord/Savior and commit to following the commandments/doctrines of the Bible.

The sins are forgiven so that the person can go forward, but the physical effects of sin will remain.

The Bible offers no cure for sin because there is no cure for sin, just a bunch of bad options.

The only thing that really works is prevention. The Bible warns people of evil, but many choose the school of hard knocks instead of Jesus.

America use to teach Christian Principles in schools and display the Ten Commandments, but then America began to turn its back on God.

All of America needs to repent. Repenting is not going to be easy, when America just elected a president that supports abortion and homosexuality.

Upvote 0
T

tanzanos

Nathan Poe quote

Response

The only option the Bible offers is that a person repent of their sin and accept Jesus Christ as Lord/Savior and commit to following the commandments/doctrines of the Bible.

The sins are forgiven so that the person can go forward, but the physical effects of sin will remain.

The Bible offers no cure for sin because there is no cure for sin, just a bunch of bad options.

The only thing that really works is prevention. The Bible warns people of evil, but many choose the school of hard knocks instead of Jesus.

America use to teach Christian Principles in schools and display the Ten Commandments, but then America began to turn its back on God.

All of America needs to repent. Repenting is not going to be easy, when America just elected a president that supports abortion and homosexuality.
America used to have slaves and practised legal segregation. Hardly a Christian nation by any definition.
Your hate filled posts betray that you have no knowledge of Christianity. Trying to inflict fear on grown-ups in this forum also shows that you have absolutely no knowledge of any of Jesus teachings and that you use immature tactics to further your beliefs. Perhaps a Christian amongst us may help you to know Christianity and achieve peace in your heart!

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nathan Poe quote

Response

News-flash for you: not all diseases are lifestyle diseases and not all diseases are preventible, and certainly, not all diseases can be prevented by claiming one's Christianity. Have not heard that: 'Not all those that call me Lord shall be saved'?

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Nathan Poe quote

Response

Well, you're half right -- which, admittedly, is half more than usual.

The only option the Bible offers is that a person repent of their sin and accept Jesus Christ as Lord/Savior. Period.

Following the Bible is the icing on the cake -- what should come naturally if someone has actually accepted Jesus as their savior.

IOW, it's not a real solution. The poor will remain poor, the sick will remain sick, etc.

Including yours -- one of the worst by far.

And for too many people, it's a little late for prevention. Hence, you offer nothing -- except occasionally, genocide.

America used to violate its own principles -- it's been a long slow process to correct its mistakes.

America should not follow Christian principles. Only Christians should follow Christian principles. In the same vein, Muslims should follow Muslim principles, Buddhists should follow Buddhist principles, Atheists should follow Atheist principles, etc.

America's principles have been to allow people the freedom of conscience to follw their principles, so long as their principles do not infringe on others' freedom to do likewise.

You fail to see this because all you've ever wanted is the "freedom" to bend others to your own principles against their will. So long as America remains America, this will never happen.

America has elected plenty of presidents who've supported abortion and homosexuality -- including a few who duped you by giving you nothing but sanctimonious lip service.

Upvote 0

clirus

Jun 20, 2004
✟3,900.00
Faith
Baptist
Nathan Poe quote

The only option the Bible offers is that a person repent of their sin and accept Jesus Christ as Lord/Savior. Period.

Following the Bible is the icing on the cake -- what should come naturally if someone has actually accepted Jesus as their savior.

Response

John 15:10-12 states, "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you"

I seriously question that a person is a Christian if they do not commit to following the commandments/doctrines of the Bible.

A lot of people would like to believe that God is a God of Love so God will love them even if they do not follow the commandments/doctrines of the Bible.

Romans 6:23, states "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

I believe that God hates sin and hates the sinner. God hates the sinner so much that there is disease, death or destruction associated with sinning. When people repent of there sins, God will forgive the sin, but the expectation is that they will now commit to following the commandments/doctrines of the Bible.

I believe it is cheap religion when Churches present Jesus Christ but fail to inform people that they are expected to follow the commandments/doctrines of the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

clirus

Jun 20, 2004
✟3,900.00
Faith
Baptist
Mithrandir Istar quote

News-flash for you: not all diseases are lifestyle diseases and not all diseases are preventible, and certainly, not all diseases can be prevented by claiming one's Christianity. Have not heard that: 'Not all those that call me Lord shall be saved'?

Response

Not all diseases are lifestyle diseases and not all diseases are preventable, but I believe most are.

I believe as much as 85 to 90 percent of all diseases are lifestyle diseases or are diseases that are preventable.

God knew that survival would require a healthy lifestyle, so much of the Old Testament is devoted to the things that represent a healthy lifestyle that should be followed and those things that represent a unhealthy lifestyle that should be avoided (Ten Commandments).

I believe most poverty is caused by wilful disobedience of the commandments/doctrines of the Bible.

The question is Health Care/Welfare for the wilfully disobedient or prevention by upholding the commandments/doctrines of the Bible.

Smoking has been defined as evil so there is now a "Is there anything dumber than smoking" champaign. All sin is dumb and needs to be treated the same.

The Church should condemn sin/evil in obedience to God and the Government should condemn sin/evil for health and economic reasons. So long as the government rejects God, sin/evil and the associated disease, death and destruction will flourish.

Upvote 0
T

tanzanos

Not all diseases are lifestyle diseases and not all diseases are preventable, but I believe most are.

I believe as much as 85 to 90 percent of all diseases are lifestyle diseases or are diseases that are preventable.

God knew that survival would require a healthy lifestyle, so much of the Old Testament is devoted to the things that represent a healthy lifestyle that should be followed and those things that represent a unhealthy lifestyle that should be avoided (Ten Commandments).

I believe most poverty is caused by wilful disobedience of the commandments/doctrines of the Bible.

The question is Health Care/Welfare for the wilfully disobedient or prevention by upholding the commandments/doctrines of the Bible.

Smoking has been defined as evil so there is now a "Is there anything dumber than smoking" champaign. All sin is dumb and needs to be treated the same.

The Church should condemn sin/evil in obedience to God and the Government should condemn sin/evil for health and economic reasons. So long as the government rejects God, sin/evil and the associated disease, death and destruction will flourish.
Please explain why sub saharan tribes that are Christians have to suffer Droughts and plagues? What sin did they commit in order to be punished so?

Personally I think you are not a Christian and you are TROLLING. No Christian talks like that. No Christian harbours such ill feelings for his neighbour. No Christian preaches hate; unless he or she has no understanding of Christianity.
All you are doing is preventing people from embracing Christianity!

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I believe that God hates sin and hates the sinner. God hates the sinner so much that there is disease, death or destruction associated with sinning. When people repent of there sins, God will forgive the sin, but the expectation is that they will now commit to following the commandments/doctrines of the Bible.

Wow. If God hates the sinners so much it really makes you wonder why God humbled himself and came among sinners for the specific mission of saving them. Sounds a lot like love to me... but no, it can't be!

I believe it is cheap religion when Churches present Jesus Christ but fail to inform people that they are expected to follow the commandments/doctrines of the Bible.

I believe it is cheap religion for you to claim that we should obey the commandments/doctrines of the Bible EXCEPT for when it comes to your non-Christian claims that hold no basis in Scripture at all. Obey the dictates of the Bible you say, EXCEPT for when we listen to your non-Biblical claims about doing (A) 'whatever it takes', (B) restricting our compassion and (C) 'let[ing] them suffer.' You previously claimed that if a value does not have basis in Scripture then it is a false value. By that same rationale, your claims are false values.

Upvote 0

Quasarsphere

Sep 14, 2007
Wellington, New Zealand
Visit site
✟7,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Will the ride lead to heaven or hell? What are the percentages?

Should Christians provide cars for the Atheists?

Should Christians defend their cars from the Atheists?

Statement of Atheistic Principles, "I prayed to god for a bicycle, after a while I stole a bicycle and payed to god for forgiveness."
That's an Emo Philips Joke, muppet-boy.

Upvote 0