✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Helo said:
If your not getting a steady monthly income, Id say the ability to sell things on Ebay is NOT your highest priority

Oh I agree, although Ebay may be the only way this woman might get some money in if she doesnt have a job!

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

DhaliClone

Oct 28, 2004
✟17,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Rochir said:
You have no idea how hard it can be for someone without a steady income to get a banking account, not to mention a credit card!

It is incredibly easy to get a checking account. I got one on my own when was 15 ('on my own' meaning not under any one else's name, like my parents). I hardly had a steady income when I wasn't working at all.

For example, just looking real quickly at the website, Commerce Bank has free checking accounts, free checks, and free debit cards. There is also no minimum balance, so she wouldn't need a steady income. And it doesn't say 'credit card' in the eBay rules, it says 'debit card', which you get for free with Commerce Bank.

There are many other banks in the United States, I'm sure most of them have similar options. She could have gone almost ANYWHERE and her problem would have been solved. But, she didn't put out the effort, it's her fault.

Rochir said:
Oh I agree, although Ebay may be the only way this woman might get some money in if she doesnt have a job!

So? She should get a job then to pay for everything and a babysitter to take care of her kids during the day, just like a lot of single mother's have to do.

If she's truly that poor, with kids, then I'm sure she's on welfare. She's been on welfare too long, it seems. (This is why I think the time limit for welfare needs to be shortened, and the current limit more strongly enforced.)

There is no right to buy or sell on eBay and they explicitly tell you the terms for being a buyer and a seller. If she doesn't want to put forth the minimal effort it takes to follow these rules, then she's SOL.

Upvote 0
Quantos said:

The CCLU looks like a bunch of lunatics.

Right on thier site (Under Teen Age Issues) it says:

Site said:
Alcohol and Drug Treatment Doesn't Work!
Site said:
  • <LI value=0>Conventional alcohol and drug rehab centers do not work for the majority and can be harmful to an alcoholic
    or drug addict.
  • People have a better chance of recovering without being exposed to conventional alcoholism and drug addiction treatment programs.

Upvote 0

Redneck Crow

Too many unicorns.....
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
✟176,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think eBay should be able to do business with or refuse to do business with anyone they wish based upon their own criteria.

If people don't meet eBay's requirements for a checking account or credit card, which is very minimal, then why would that be different than a car dealer not selling you a car because you don't meet his requirements for credit or a landlord not renting you a house because your references aren't up to his specs?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.