Dec 1, 2006
Ballina,New South Wales
Visit site
✟9,045.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hey All my husband and I are heading back over west in the new year and I am trying to find out if there are any christian child care centers in Perth or the Greater Perth area?

I found one as part of Maranatha college.

But was wondering if anyone knew if there were anymore?
(google and the yellow pages is driving me nuts!)

or even good christian family day carers or if you know of someone who is looking to be an aupair?

thanks in advance :)

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry can't help out with that.

I would say that most child care centres are not Christian though. Most that I know of are the ABC learning centres and I wouldn't recommend most of those that I have worked in.

I think you may have more luck finding a nice lady in the church who wants to earn a few extra dollars a week (lol, that's what I seem to be finding myself doing these days, babysitting everyone's kids)

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually I just had a thought (lol can you smell burning)

I think that the family day cares have forms that you can fill in, when you are looking for care, that you can specify the type of person you would like to take care of your child, say if you were from a particular cultural back ground you want someone who is sensitive to that etc. I am sure you could write on a form you want someone who is Christian, and see if they have anyone that is. Does that make sense. I am sure it is the same if you went to a nanny agency.

Upvote 0

Kazamataz

Dec 1, 2006
Ballina,New South Wales
Visit site
✟9,045.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Neenie1!
I'm incredibly picky about where i would send my son as i am a child care worker myself.
But after ABC started the take over it very hard to find work in a center that i would feel comfortable working at.

I would never ever ever send my son to ABC and i advise everyone i meet to stay far far far away!

Your right most child care centers aren't christian but most major cities have at least one. (perth has one but i thought there maybe more, as perth is a very christian city)
We live in a country town and two of the major churches have centers! And we have a population of 30,000.

So you would figure there would be more in the cities?

Upvote 0

Kazamataz

Dec 1, 2006
Ballina,New South Wales
Visit site
✟9,045.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I agree. I would never send my kids to an ABC centre either. It seems to be all about profit and I do wonder if short cuts are being made somewhere so they can make the profits. I have never worked in one but I just don't think I like them.
I worked for the learning tree and the day it turned into an ABC 10 of us walked off the job!

They are so focused on making money its not funny.

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you don't mind me asking, why do you want him in child care? Is it to give you the odd break or do you want to go back to work?

I have heard of a lot of people who go back to work in child care after having a baby, prefer to go work for FDC, simply because you get to be with your baby, while working and you don't have to pay child care fees. I guess it depends on how much you would earn and how much you would end up paying child care fees.

But for me, there's no way I would put my kids in day care (well the oldest one is at school now anyway) I think someone would have to kill me first lol. I have just worked with more than one person who I wouldn't trust my child with that's all.

Upvote 0

Kazamataz

Dec 1, 2006
Ballina,New South Wales
Visit site
✟9,045.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If you don't mind me asking, why do you want him in child care? Is it to give you the odd break or do you want to go back to work?

I have heard of a lot of people who go back to work in child care after having a baby, prefer to go work for FDC, simply because you get to be with your baby, while working and you don't have to pay child care fees. I guess it depends on how much you would earn and how much you would end up paying child care fees.

But for me, there's no way I would put my kids in day care (well the oldest one is at school now anyway) I think someone would have to kill me first lol. I have just worked with more than one person who I wouldn't trust my child with that's all.
I don't mind you asking at all :0)

I will be returning to work as my husband and I have a few debits we are trying to get rid of. I will only have my son in care 10 days a month as my husband works in mining so he is home alot.

The reason I didn't look into family daycare is because i was told I would not be able to care for my son and other peoples children at the sametime.

So the only other thing I can do it work in retail/hospitality or a call center.

So i'm looking at going back to the call center.

I'm not 100% sure if my son will go to a child care center or not yet, I'm looking at all my options and see which i feel most comfortable with.

Do you know if you can look after your own kids whilst being a family day care?

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe you can look after your own kids while doing family day care. In fact it is the only way that it would work because you really don't get paid much at all.

Who told you you can't take care of your own kids while doing FDC? I know someone who was doing it, and I am pretty sure she was taking care of her own kids but this was more than 6 years ago now.

Upvote 0

Kazamataz

Dec 1, 2006
Ballina,New South Wales
Visit site
✟9,045.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I believe you can look after your own kids while doing family day care. In fact it is the only way that it would work because you really don't get paid much at all.

Who told you you can't take care of your own kids while doing FDC? I know someone who was doing it, and I am pretty sure she was taking care of her own kids but this was more than 6 years ago now.
two of my friends are putting their kids into to family day care as they are returning to work.
And they were saying that they were happy that the FDC can not take care of their own kids while they take care of my friends. I was confused but they seemed to think that was the rules.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums