Christian author has problem with conservatives.

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
because i'm not you and i can't explain why you don't "get it". maybe it's not your time. who knows.
Well, at least you provided somewhat of an answer this time. That being that maybe its not my time.

I guess you could say that if you truly do have such a "perfect" life, I am somewhat jealous and wonder why God has not granted me such a "perfect" life as well.

Upvote 0

Meshavrischika

for Thy greater honor and glory
Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well, at least you provided somewhat of an answer this time. That being that maybe its not my time.

I guess you could say that if you truly do have such a "perfect" life, I am somewhat jealous and wonder why God has not granted me such a "perfect" life as well.
because you have to reach a place where you completely give up on everything and everyone else... but God. maybe you're too stubborn yet. it took me 30 years. you have 5 more to go. :)

Upvote 0

LonesomeTexan

Veteran
Jun 24, 2007
North of Houston
✟19,404.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
nope. life is perfect if He is in it. the rest of it does not matter. :) it's a place that i've gotten to and i like it.
I think I found that place too. I'll try to rationalize it for others. If God had a perfect plan for humanity before it was ever even created, then why not just put faith that everything is going to work out for the best in the end anyway? I'm not saying that we shouldn't speak out against the injustices of our world or quit reaching out to others, but have some faith that God has a purpose for everything that happens. We may not know why things happen the way they do, but our understanding is limited and his is infinite. Could you have honestly written out the events that took place in your life better than God?

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
because you have to reach a place where you completely give up on everything and everyone else... but God. maybe you're too stubborn yet. it took me 30 years. you have 5 more to go. :)
I don't think I could give up on everything and everyone else. To me, that'd be an awfully hopeless reality to live.

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have my issues with religions and all the gods we create to justify our beliefs. However, all this guy wants is another one.

The real key to following Jesus is know Him and stop trying to invent Him.

I do agree with his frustration, there are a bunch of different gods out there in the Christian world. You can find one that throws you out if you sin to much, ones that save everyone no matter what they do, there's even a Jesus that got married.

Truth is not an invention of man, in fact let all men be liars and God be Truth.

Bottom line, the softer nicer versions of Jesus are just as perverted as any invented to date.

Upvote 0

Meshavrischika

Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have my issues with religions and all the gods we create to justify our beliefs. However, all this guy wants is another one.

The real key to following Jesus is know Him and stop trying to invent Him.

I do agree with his frustration, there are a bunch of different gods out there in the Christian world. You can find one that throws you out if you sin to much, ones that save everyone no matter what they do, there's even a Jesus that got married.

Truth is not an invention of man, in fact let all men be liars and God be Truth.

Bottom line, the softer nicer versions of Jesus are just as perverted as any invented to date.
aren't all things in life like this as well? good points mike.

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
you're missing the point that it's not that you don't "live life"... it's that you focus on what is important, and you have joy and peace despite your life and its problems
I'm not sure you know what you're saying here. You keep using this word "perfect", and then define it as imperfection. Perhaps it would be best for you to find a different word that more accurately describes your position. It will save us a headache and save you some mental gymnastics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Meshavrischika

Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
basically life can be "wonderful" if you have your eyes pointed in the right direction.

you're right, maybe perfect is insinuating something i didn't necessarily mean

life will still have trials and hardships...but they won't drag you down anymore

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
basically life can be "wonderful" if you have your eyes pointed in the right direction.

you're right, maybe perfect is insinuating something i didn't necessarily mean

life will still have trials and hardships...but they won't drag you down anymore
That is, I think, a much better way of putting it. Well said.

Upvote 0

LonesomeTexan

Veteran
Jun 24, 2007
North of Houston
✟19,404.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
I believe life is perfect because God created it. God is perfect and has a perfect plan for everything that happens, therefore I conclude while life may seem like it isn't perfect, it is in fact perfect. It isn't perfect by any doing of ours, but through him. It isn't perfect in the sense that we are living in the period before God has restored the earth and set us free from sin, but perfect in the fact that each day we move closer to God's ultimate plan for creation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums