Visit site
✟435,370.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Indeed He is risen! I got back from church about 2--it's 11:43 here in Austria.

Christus ist auferstanden! Er ist wahrhaftig auferstanden!

I've never seen it in German before!

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Went back at 2 for Agape Vespers and picnic . . . . more food. :yum::yum:

Our little ones got a good case of the ickies. N spiked a 102 degree fever, and M vomited pretty heavily. We were looking forward to it, though.

Upvote 0

Shiranui117

Sack of Hammers
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
✟16,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Indeed He is risen!

my first cheeseburger was delish
Ooh, it's been so long since I've had a good ol' American cheeseburger! I had bacon grilled cheese sandwiches, a pretzel sandwich with cheese and Austria's much more delicious equivalent of bacon, a Leberkässemmel, some Semmelknödel, and of course, Wurst, Paska, and hard-boiled eggs! :full:

But there's a downside to this, especially the eggs, I suspect... The gas. Lord have mercy, the gas... :dead:

I've never seen it in German before!
And I've never had occasion to say it in German before until last night! :D

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Our little ones got a good case of the ickies. N spiked a 102 degree fever, and M vomited pretty heavily. We were looking forward to it, though.

Poor things. :(

My oldest boy started feeling ill after Holy Thursday evening service. Felt really bad Friday, and so he missed Holy Friday evening and all the rest of the services, including today's. Ugh I feel your pain. I hope they're better soon!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My first Holy Week.

I was thinking of only going to Wed services, and hoping I could talk my husband into letting me attend Pascha midnight service. I had the chance to go Tuesday night, and I was hooked.

I asked if it would be ok if I could be at the church for the remaining services. I had his blessing, so I went Wednesday a bit early, and it turned out they needed help to do a few things. Well, it snowballed from there. There was SO much work to be done, morning and evening services every day, I lived at the church from Wednesday afternoon until Saturday afternoon, except for quick trips home to nap a few hours at night. (Church almost an hour away.) My daughter's work is halfway, so if I had to drive her to work, I'd just go on the rest of the way to church and wait (lol usually work!) there. I've gotten to know so many of the ladies, extra hands are always welcome. The services have been beyond describing. It was literally life-changing.

After a 2-hour nap on Saturday, went back for Vespers around 10:30, after Pascha we had lamb soup (amazingly yummy!), I got home and baked brownies for the picnic, got to bed around 5 or 6 am (sun was already up so I could put out my candle - I kept it burning from the time the usher passed the flame to me!). Slept 3 or 4 hours, then back to church for Vespers and Pascha picnic, stopped to do something for a friend on the way home, and finally got some sleep last night.

What a week ... I am SO thankful. And I can't wait for next year. What am I going to do with myself? I'm used to being in church hours every day now, and there is no service at all today. Father needs to rest, I am sure. He was getting hoarse by the end of the week. My throat is sore, but I am taking extra Vit. C and I'm sure I'll be fine.

Soooo sorry for those of you who were ill and had sick kids. Now that I know what this is all about ... it's incredibly precious. Being able to experience and appreciate all of the aspects of Holy Week, and seeing the joy everyone celebrated His Resurrection makes my previous experience of this pale by comparison. I am SO thankful I could participate!

Christ is Risen! Χριστός ἀνέστη!
Truly He is Risen! Ἀληθῶς ἀνέστη!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums