Christ is risen!!

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,288,670.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I've had lunch - CHICKEN :D :D

Been back to Church for Paschal Vespers - now back in my hotel and GodPapa will contact me later about MEATY FOOD :)

English language Liturgy tomorrow and then my flight home

Upvote 0

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have probably spent 7 or 8 hours at church this weekend; Resurrection Matins, Processions, two DLs and blessings of food were wonderful events to take part in. Our little parish bloated from 20-30 people to probably about 100 today, it was a joyus occasion.

Christ is Risen!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

katherine2001

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Billings, MT
Visit site
✟11,346.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Indeed He is Risen!

I got home between 4:15 and 4:30am. I didn't go to bed, I went to the laundromat at 7am and got home at 9am. I haven't had any sleep since 5:30pm yesterday. We have Agape Vespers at 1:30pm and then a huge potluck (our parish has wonderful cooks) afterwards. We have had the priest who received me into the Church and his family here all week. It has been a real blessing for us.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Indeed He is Risen! Praise to the Most Holy Trinity, conquering death by death!

Got home from Fresno at about 3:15am. We didn't do the Pascha baskets. After liturgy and the final veneration/blessing, we were out of there. Drove home woozy! LOL

The kids did surprisingly well although Caleb, my 6-year-old, looked tipsy at times! :p

Upvote 0

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟277,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Indeed He is Risen!

Thanks to my two year old, I was awake at 5:30 AM on Saturday morning, had just a half hour nap Saturday afternoon, and get home from church around 4:30 AM this morning, so I got about an hour and a half sleep in that 24 hour period. He started walking up at 6AM this morning, I convinced him to sleep in until 8:30. Now I'm trying to stay awake for Vespers because a 30 minute nap will just make me a zombie. Then after vespers I am expected at one of our parishioner's house for a Paschal meal.

It has been beyond exhausting, but I don't ever remember a more joyous Pascha. Who is so great a god as our God? Thou art the God who doest wonders!

Upvote 0