Chinese toy boss 'kills himself'

TheReasoner

Former christian, current teapot agnostic.
Mar 14, 2005
Norway
✟29,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I just heard there is about to be another recall, Matel again.....same issue.......Chinese toys.........lead paint. But look at all of the money we are saving.
yeah. Forget the people making the toys. The kids using them. And our descendants who have to deal with the waste problem.
WE save money. So everyone else can just can it!!!

Upvote 0

Phylogeny

Veteran
Dec 28, 2004
✟2,426.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Hari hari is Japanese. Chinese people don't consider suicide an honorable way out anymore (have they ever?) . Honorable suicides are more of a Japanese thing anyways.

This guy probably committed suicide because he knew his job would be finished and he may end up in prison....hey, maybe he was depressed too, and/or his wife left him. People kill themselves under pressure all the time.

Oh, and I really doubt he would have been executed. No one (as far as we know) have died. And given that this scandal has not caused nearly the same outrage as the drug one in China, I doubt he would have done more than serve a few years in jail. Although I guess Chinese jails aren't pleasant. Still, he probably had other issues to have killed himself.

Upvote 0