✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Reggs said:
The athiest chinese never seem to quit do they? I hope the US compainies involved face punishment.

If you think there is no internet policing and percesution in countries like the USA, then think again! Especially in the wake of 9-11 freedom of speech is an illusion in a country labling itself as the "greatest democracy" on this planet!:doh:

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Reggs said:
Can you please tell me where I can buy a liberal consperocy magazine? You have to get these ideas from somewhere.

I can tell you where I get these ideas from - it's called Free Press! Something Americans may not be familiar with any more!:doh:

Upvote 0

butterfoot

Formerly Known as cameronw
Dec 16, 2004
✟9,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rochir said:
If you think there is no internet policing and percesution in countries like the USA, then think again! Especially in the wake of 9-11 freedom of speech is an illusion in a country labling itself as the "greatest democracy" on this planet!:doh:

Please show me evidence of the U.S. Government policing and persecuting someone over free speach.

-cw

Upvote 0

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Reggs said:
The athiest chinese never seem to quit do they? I hope the US compainies involved face punishment.

The atheist chinese? What was the point in pointing out the word atheist? It has nothing to do with their policies.

That would be like a Fred Phelps cult member holding up a sign that says "THANK GOD FOR IEDs", or "USA WILL BURN IN HELL", and someone replies like: Those Christ loving Christians never seem to quit do they?

See the problem with your logic?

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
cameronw said:
Please show me evidence of the U.S. Government policing and persecuting someone over free speach.

-cw

There is plenty of evidence of the repressive nature of the current US government here

Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you want to see how bad this is, go to www.google.com and do an image search for Tiananmen Square

See the pics of the people being massacred and standing down tanks?

Ok now go to the Chinese google site www.google.cn and run an image search for the same term... Tiananmen Square

Notice the difference in images? It's pretty scary.

Some other terms to try that produce interesting results are "Dalai Lama" and "George Bush"

on google.cn an image search for Dalai Lama returns tons of photos, but NONE of the Dalai Lama himself. The first image returned for the George Bush search is Bush standing before a Nazi flag offering a nazi salute...the next is a photoshopped image of him kissing Dick Cheney. Scary stuff. Seriously, try it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quantos

Sock ? What Sock
Mar 6, 2005
Earth for now
✟33,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reggs said:

Face punishment for what ?
What laws did they break ?

*Note: I don't like that they did this, but I dont see them breaking any laws by doing it.

Upvote 0

Reggs

Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
✟291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Halruaa said:
The atheist chinese? What was the point in pointing out the word atheist? It has nothing to do with their policies.

You must be living under a rock if you think it has nothing to do with their policies.

That would be like a Fred Phelps cult member holding up a sign that says "THANK GOD FOR IEDs", or "USA WILL BURN IN HELL", and someone replies like: Those Christ loving Christians never seem to quit do they?

See the problem with your logic?

My logic is flawless. Fred Phelps zeal is often misunderstood. I dont agree with a few of the ways he spreads the word, but overall he is a good christian and I wish him well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vedant

Veteran
Oct 4, 2003
✟2,245.00
Faith
Christian
cameronw said:
Yeah still nothing I saw about limiting free speach.

there are limits to free speach...

however, those limits that do exists are for good cause.

there is no such thing as a thought criminal in the US...yet. that is, to think that al quaeda might be a good thing for the world, isn't a crime. to support them is one thing, but to believe in them is another. it's for this reason that the KKK still exist in the US, peacefully, and under complete protection of the US constitution.

Upvote 0

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Reggs said:
My logic is flawless.

Questionable at best. You confirm your "flawless" logic in the next quote:

Reggs said:
Fred Phelps zeal is often misunderstood. I dont agree with a few of the ways he spreads the word, but overall he is a good christian and I wish him well.

A good christian? Fred Phelps? I think its safe to say many christians here will strongly disagree with you.

But im sure that doesnt matter to you. After all, it is your 'flawless logic' which has led you into the realm of calling someone the likes of old freddie a good christian.

Grunt said:
God help us....

Illuminatus said:
Wow. Just...wow.

Even anti-American bigots like Fred Phelps have fans. Should it really be a surprise? ;)

Upvote 0

Machjo

Veteran
Oct 29, 2004
✟2,681.00
Faith
Other Religion
Reggs said:

Greetings from China.

1. Not all Chinese are atheist.

2. Even those who are have a right to be so.

3. Why should anyone receive punishment for actions occurring outside their own borders? The very idea that the US government has the right to impose laws beyond its borders is repugnant.

Have a nice day.

Upvote 0

Machjo

Veteran
Oct 29, 2004
✟2,681.00
Faith
Other Religion
InnerPhyre said:
If you want to see how bad this is, go to www.google.com and do an image search for Tiananmen Square

See the pics of the people being massacred and standing down tanks?

Ok now go to the Chinese google site www.google.cn and run an image search for the same term... Tiananmen Square

Notice the difference in images? It's pretty scary.

Some other terms to try that produce interesting results are "Dalai Lama" and "George Bush"

on google.cn an image search for Dalai Lama returns tons of photos, but NONE of the Dalai Lama himself. The first image returned for the George Bush search is Bush standing before a Nazi flag offering a nazi salute...the next is a photoshopped image of him kissing Dick Cheney. Scary stuff. Seriously, try it.

Hmmm... Greetings from China again. I can choose to type google.cn or google.com/

Of course I still can't open some websites fro google.com but I can still see that they exist. Another point to make is that you do not understand the Chinese mindset. many Chinese value order and stability over democracy. that's just a cultural trait you won't change anytime soon. If you confront China on this, you'll merely offend the Chienese people as a whole who don't appreciate foreign interference with their country even when they do disagree with their government. They see it as their issue, not yours.

Upvote 0