Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

My Shalom

We're The Christians The Devil Warned You About!
Nov 26, 2015
✟1,604.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't feel a bit sorry for this guy. Who knows what he would have done had he gotten into the house that he had no right to enter.
One down. And for this loss the community is safer. Maybe others like him will take heed. If not, make it two.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They just burned Santa alive. There's your war on Christmas.

Word to wise, save the Santa style burglary for summer.

Probably a good idea to go on a diet before attempting this as well.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't feel a bit sorry for this guy. Who knows what he would have done had he gotten into the house that he had no right to enter.
One down. And for this loss the community is safer. Maybe others like him will take heed. If not, make it two.
If he was just intending to commit a BURGUARY that is a NON-violent crime.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You don't know what he was intending save to illegally enter a home via a chimney.
Because burguary is the act of entering, but it does not involve violence that is robbery. In fact, you can commit burguary by walking in INVITED if you intended to steal or commit a felony inside. If you walk through an open door with that intent you commit burguary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

My Shalom

Nov 26, 2015
✟1,604.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because burguary is the act of entering, but it does not involve violence that is robbery. In fact, you can commit burguary by walking in INVITED if you intended to steal or commit a felony inside. If you walk through an open door with that intent you commit burguary.
Nithavela, post: 68923469, "Doesn't matter, he's dead and there's no one to blame but himself."

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nithavela, post: 68923469, "Doesn't matter, he's dead and there's no one to blame but himself."
Whether the man that started the fireplace will face charges will depend on a number of factors.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Well, it has to be determined if things happened as described. If he just stood around and laughed while the burglar was cooked alive, the picture is a very different one. That's true.

Upvote 0

My Shalom

Nov 26, 2015
✟1,604.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, it has to be determined if things happened as described. If he just stood around and laughed while the burglar was cooked alive, the picture is a very different one. That's true.

The family of witnesses should preclude any charges being levied in this case. The burglar entered the chimney with intent and was stuck for a day. He never said a word apparently but just remained lodged in the chimney. Then the family started a fire in their fireplace and that's when the burglar started screaming. The family put the fire out when the house filled with smoke and called 911.
The burglar was in the wrong. I don't foresee any charges being brought against a family that was targeted to be his victim.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Did the guy have kids? Did they just lose their father? How about his mum? I don't suppose she has stopped crying yet. She'll probably grieve for years, as mothers do.

I cannot begin to comprehend your nonchalance at a man's death. He made a big mistake when he decided to commit burglary, but to suggest he deserved death for this mistake is completely immoral, by any reasonable understanding of morality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Did the guy have kids? Did they just lose their father? How about his mum? I don't suppose she has stopped crying yet. She'll probably grieve for years, as mothers do.

I cannot begin to comprehend your nonchalance at a man's death. He made a big mistake when he decided to commit burglary, but to suggest he deserved death for this mistake is completely immoral, by any reasonable understanding of morality.
Particularly as it was NOT violent. Heck do you think people deserve death for simple battery? That is a more violent crime than burglary is.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The family of witnesses should preclude any charges being levied in this case. The burglar entered the chimney with intent and was stuck for a day. He never said a word apparently but just remained lodged in the chimney. Then the family started a fire in their fireplace and that's when the burglar started screaming. The family put the fire out when the house filled with smoke and called 911.
The burglar was in the wrong. I don't foresee any charges being brought against a family that was targeted to be his victim.
It would depend on what they did after the fact and whether or not THEY had any intent. Now, they could not be charged with murder, but depending on the facts of the case involuntary manslaughter charges may be brought.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It would depend on what they did after the fact and whether or not THEY had any intent. Now, they could not be charged with murder, but depending on the facts of the case involuntary manslaughter charges may be brought.

Unless there are witnesses willing to testify, that the homeowner was aware this person was in the chimney when they lit the fire and also ignored his screaming and kept the fire going, then charges against them are very remote.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Or that fairy tale about Santa Claus is to blame . Maybe they should start saying that Santa doesn't come from the fire place. I hear a few month ago a another young man. Teenager did the same thing. He was a run away, that wanted to find a place to sleep for the night. They found his body weeks or months later.

Upvote 0

He is Risen 72

Colossians 2:14 The Law is nailed to the Cross!!
Sep 3, 2013
Michigan
✟27,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Yeah, his kids are crying because he did not come home with the 52 inch plasma TV and X-Box one he promised them.

Perhaps he would still be alive today if mommy did a better job raising him and teaching him right from wrong.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0