Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I submit...that our faithless friends here amongst us are as children of the corn, who have likewise, but intellectually, tore out the pages of the New Testament, creating their own life of zombie-like horror. Pray for them.

"Children of the Corn" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_the_Corn_(2009_film)

Last edited:

plummyy

(✿ ♥‿♥)
Jul 5, 2015
✟15,386.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
My mother refers to my sibling and myself as "children of the corn". I saw the movie when I was very young and didn't remember much of it, besides the crowing voice of that boy. It's always a car accident , eh?

You're referring to people who pick and choose/ignore and erase what they want from biblical text and plagiarize, while claiming not to, a religion that they would rather have for themselves ?

Side note: I got lost in a field of corn for 15 minutes and it is terrifying.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My mother refers to my sibling and myself as "children of the corn". I saw the movie when I was very young and didn't remember much of it, besides the crowing voice of that boy. It's always a car accident , eh?

You're referring to people who pick and choose/ignore and erase what they want from biblical text and plagiarize, while claiming not to, a religion that they would rather have for themselves ?

Side note: I got lost in a field of corn for 15 minutes and it is terrifying.
Yes, and mostly those who do not consider God to be real. They are the furthest removed from the reality of life, and the most caught in the trap of physical existence.

Glad you made it out of the corn! :)

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm not clear on which people you are referring to. But I like roasted corn.

our faithless friends here amongst us

I don't think of the faithless carrying Bibles much.
So after they rip out the NT pages...are they reading the rest.....trusting that.... tossing the whole thing for kindling?
Reading the crumpled pages? what

Liberty-Square-Market-Roasted-Corn-3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Removing the NT pages would be Anti Christ.

Well I know Jews...and they were kind to me. We were good friends in fact.
The whole family was very gracious and never gave me a hard time. I don't see the connection.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I know Jews...and they were kind to me. We were good friends in fact.
The whole family was very gracious and never gave me a hard time. I don't see the connection.
You may never see the connection. But the complete story has some final chapters that rightfully do not concern the Jews, and yet there are scores of people who effectively tear the pages of the New Testament out of the end of the story and theme of life on planet Earth.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
there are scores of people who effectively tear the pages of the New Testament out of the end of the story and theme of life on planet Earth.
Would you care to say whom you're talking about? I don't see what you want us to discuss if you aren't going to identify them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lazy_Proverb

"You did not choose me but I chose you"Jn.15:16
Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
✟16,321.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christians probably get a kick out of faithless friends being in a Christain forum so as to read th
Yes, I am connecting the two (CotC and the faithless). But I would say the comparison to Christianity is backwards, as it was the CotC who removed the pages of the New Testament.
It was Isaac in CotC that removed those pages because they did not suit his brand of teaching. Possibly that page in
1 Corinthians 13:11. Not unlike churches today that interpret scripture in their own way. Again, metaphor for the faith itself.
Keeping in mind Stephen King does believe in God. Just not organized religion.

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you care to say whom you're talking about? I don't see what you want us to discuss if you aren't going to identify them.
Sorry, I was trying not to name names. But the term "faithless" that I used does, without a need for clarification, include many: Atheists, Humanists, mainly...but my intention was to speak to what they are missing and perhaps appeal to the analogies that are currently popular in society.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, I was trying not to name names. But the term "faithless" that I used does, without a need for clarification, include many: Atheists, Humanists, mainly...but my intention was to speak to what they are missing and perhaps appeal to the analogies that are currently popular in society.
Ah. I think your accusation better fits Jews and "false" Christians.

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
I submit...that our faithless friends here amongst us are as children of the corn, who have likewise, but intellectually, tore out the pages of the New Testament, <snip>
I've never read the bible, so I'll guess that this thread is not directed at myself.

I'll stay and watch.

proxy.php

Upvote 0

plummyy

(✿ ♥‿♥)
Jul 5, 2015
✟15,386.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, and mostly those who do not consider God to be real. They are the furthest removed from the reality of life, and the most caught in the trap of physical existence.

Glad you made it out of the corn! :)

Oh, I see.

(I'm just wondering, to make sure: you don't think Atheism is a religion, right?)

It's kind of hard to understand which part of the Children of the Corn story is meant to represent the non-believers and which to be the (true)believers. Who is at which side of this analogy, the strangers entering town, or the people who follow Malachi? An a-theist could not be a follower, as we simply don't go for that that whiz, and I'd imagine you to feel uncomfortable if you were saying that Malachi would be your analogical leader---so, which is it? Because we can't both be the strangers. Are you using analogy that the strangers were wrong for not following the crazy-corn-deity, and therefore as an a-theist, we should not reject those religiously occult ideas because we may possible be wrong and end up crucified by an unlikely corn deity who has sadistic followers? Or.... are you saying that an a-theist is like that of a sadistic follower who worships a.... corn deity?

I can't jump on your train, sorry. Because unfortunately, if we're going to consider who is more like the children of the corn, the only close parallels point to religious people.

Even if there were non-believing folk who wanted some of your religion, what in all of this is "zombie-like horror" ? It's all so unclear...Especially when you say that non-believers are living in an unrealistic realm of the physical... The physical is what everyone (that includes all religious and non-religious folk) can be sure of. That is the reality that we all share, and it never stops being real... I am confused?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I submit...that our faithless friends here amongst us are as children of the corn, who have likewise, but intellectually, tore out the pages of the New Testament, creating their own life of zombie-like horror.

tumblr_ldx4twZokF1qz7lxdo1_500_large.png

Ooo, scary.

I imagine that atheists must seem horrifying to some Christians. I haven't mastered the glowy eyes, though. Does Richard Dawkins teach courses in that? Anyone? Anyone?

All of this is begging the question. If atheists are correct that this life is the only one that we have, then there is no horrifying "zombie-like existence" as contrasted with something better. There is instead the love of the only existence that we have -- the rich fullness of human life.

It would be Christians who are to be pitied for putting down their own existence of horrifying or zombie-like. If barnyard animals could think and speak, one might imagine a pig being led unknowingly to the slaughter, telling himself all the while that his barnyard existence was horrible and that salvation was in the slaughter house.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: Freodin
Upvote 0

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
"And We have certainly created for Hell many of the jinn and mankind. They have hearts with which they do not understand, they have eyes with which they do not see, and they have ears with which they do not hear. Those are like livestock; rather, they are more astray. It is they who are the heedless."

I don't think "created for" means compelled into by nature or essence.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You may never see the connection. But the complete story has some final chapters that rightfully do not concern the Jews, and yet there are scores of people who effectively tear the pages of the New Testament out of the end of the story and theme of life on planet Earth.

I've never seen such people. And I've sat down with cult groups and chatted and worshipped with scores of denominations. They've never noticed such groups.

corn.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've never read the bible, so I'll guess that this thread is not directed at myself.

I'll stay and watch.

proxy.php
I would have to say that ANY who would exclude the New Testament advances in the history and theme of the world, would most definitely be included. Especially those who are critical without having all the information.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.