1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Child Sacrifice in 21st Century America

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Michie

Michie Manipulation Resistance Team Supporter CF Ambassador

Faith:
    Catholic
    Of the 208,541 pregnancies in New York City in 2010, 83,750 were terminated by abortion: four in ten. Among non-Hispanic blacks, there were 38,574 abortions and 26,635 live births: thus for every 1,000 African-American babies born, 1,448 were aborted. Those numbers were even more chilling among non-Hispanic black teenagers: for every 1,000 Africa-American babies born to teenagers, 2,630 were aborted. The overall teenage abortion rate was 63% in a city where 16% of all pregnancies were ten pregnancies.Read More ยป

2. InnerPhyre

InnerPhyre New Member

Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    Planned Parenthood was founded by people heavily involved in the Eugenics movement. This is not surprising. Sickening, but not surprising.

3. JacktheCatholic

JacktheCatholic Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.

Faith:
    Catholic
    I like the comparison to child sacrifice. We may not look at abortion as sacrifice to a god but in essence that is what it is.

4. simonpeter

simonpeter Newbie

Faith:
    Christian
    Title is rather misleading, and the story alarmist.

Humble Pie likes this.
  5. Azureknight 773

Azureknight 773 IXA the Knight Kamen Rider

Faith:
    Catholic
    How horrible! This is one of the many eldritch horrors that the world has created by following the dark lord's will, not the LORD's will. How sad.

6. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote

Faith:
    Catholic
    I have seen these statistics. I wonder whether the statistics separate out how many of these women are New Yorkers.

I read once that there are no abortion providers in 87% of the counties in the U.S. Are some of those women (or even most) residents of those counties, traveling to NY because that's where the providers are?

Or are some from the suburbs of NYC, traveling into NY because they can walk into a high-rise building that won't be picketed because there are 100 offices in the building? And if they went to their home town in New Jersey their nosy neighbor Mrs. Jones, the town crier, would be out their praying and pretty soon the whole neighborhood would know?

I would just need more information...my gut feeling is that a lot of the people getting abortions in NY come from other places--because of lack of access or to keep from being spit up and chewed out in the local gossip mill.

7. WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel I close my eyes and see you smile Supporter

Faith:
    Catholic
    Indeed - the self is a god.

JacktheCatholic likes this.
  8. WarriorAngel

Faith:
    Catholic
    As remote as i live - and trust me the closest town has a population of what? 3000 ?

Where i live - is a PPF.
    They are everywhere. They advertise everywhere - not sure about the info you obtained.

9. WarriorAngel

Faith:
    Catholic
    And somehow the fact all these babies die due to the self god is not alarming?

10. ivebeenshown

ivebeenshown Expert invisible poster and thread killer

Faith:
    Catholic
    For flub sake, there is a PPF here in my Kansas town of 10,000 (20,000 including migrant college students.)

11. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote

Faith:
    Catholic
    Not many Planned Parenthoods in the Bible Belt. And many of them don't do abortions--maybe just one in each state.

Women in my town would have to travel almost 200 miles to get an abortion. There is a closer Planned Parenthood, but even that one is over 50 miles away, and that one doesn't do abortions.