Feb 27, 2011
✟17,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
1. Where did I say that we should abolish welfare?
2. I proved above that America does not have the worst homeless rate per capita.
Not trying to say that homeless people don't deserve dignity, but many homeless people are homeless because they want to be homeless. We used to call them hobos. They lived an independent life, which is just what they wanted. There are opportunities all over the place for homeless people. I know companies that offer jobs to homeless people, but the homeless people rarely show up. Why? Because they can make more by begging on the street. An industrious beggar can earn $20/hour, and if you can't find a place to live on that, you're not looking hard. Certainly, there are those who fall through the cracks. But in this country, nobody is turned away for lack of ability to pay for basic health care.
Define living wage. $/hr please.

Where did I say they were lazy? And if you believe that $20/hr is poverty, you have another thing coming.

Obviously you are confusing panhandling with homelessness.

Some homeless people panhandle. But 20$ an hr ? please. Why would they be carrying around tons of soda cans to recycle for a few cents a can then? They get 3-5 cents a can depending on the center. Scrounging all day you would be lucky to make 30-40 bux. On most writings panhandling makes on average 30-40$ a day, with exceptions of 100-200$ a day on rare and erratic circumstances(like homeless people getting more money on Christmas and holidays)

Whenever I hear stories about beggars who are living it up, claims of beggars making 40K a year or what not, it breaks my heart that people believe that, - and the word - homeless by choice - do you not think that something must be wrong in someone's life and society to prefer the streets to another place. There are so many mentally ill people, alcoholics & drug users who were not completely functional, and abused teenagers on the street

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Under the Obama admin - we have 1 in 3 needing welfare of some type. Nice eh?

Anyway - Canada has high taxes - and health care is not free - since it comes out of the pocket of those who work.

Why are there gay pride parades? Why do ppl have to 'strut' their stuff, so to speak?
I find it offensive - it's putting your 'sex' life out there - and that is indecent imho.
Nobody cares what your bedroom antics are. Really.

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Anyway - Canada has high taxes - and health care is not free - since it comes out of the pocket of those who work.

Why are there gay pride parades? Why do ppl have to 'strut' their stuff, so to speak?
I find it offensive - it's putting your 'sex' life out there - and that is indecent imho.

Amen!

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
company-bios-truett.png

company-bios-dan.png

company-bios-bubba.png

images

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What were the figures in the last year of G W Bush's Presidency?
Canadian taxes are not especially high and the people who get health care are the people who work and their families and relatives. And if a few who are unable to work because of injury or congenital poor health also get health cover without paying for it then so what? Would you be comfortable with people being denied medical help because they cannot afford it? And if you would be comfortable with that then what do you make of the story of the good Samaritan? Was it a mistake for the Lord to praise the Samaritan and condemn the Levite and the Priest in the story?
Society would be much better if there was less flaunting of sexuality - fewer ads on TV and billboards and magazine ads depicting the sexualisation of females, males, and even children for the sake of selling some products of questionable value and use.
I feel uncomfortable with how many products and ideas are sold to us through sexual imagery, and why do so many films have sex scenes in them? Even sci-fi films - that really have no good reason for any sex have sex scenes incorporated into the story. It isn't same sex couples that invented this thing, advertising with sex, selling by sex, titillation by sex depictions in film and other media. It started with more common and more acceptable forms. Now it is rampant, so much so that people hardly even notice it any more; it's become part of the culture.
If only that were true, but people do want to have the government pass laws to regulate what you do in your bedroom. Isn't that what this same-sex marriage thing is about, deep down? Some folk want to say yes and some want to say no but both seem to want the government to agree with them and pass laws to back up their point of view; where's the sense in that?

I say, leave marriage to churches and other religious bodies, and let the government get out of it. No more tax breaks for being married, not more tax penalties for not being married etc ;)

Oh yeah, and if you do not like the Chick Fil-A owner's opinions and actions regarding same sex marriage then vote with your feet - stop buying his fast food! It's probably too fatty and too salty and too calorific anyway :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I feel uncomfortable with how many products and ideas are sold to us through sexual imagery, and why do so many films have sex scenes in them? Even sci-fi films - that really have no good reason for any sex have sex scenes incorporated into the story. It isn't same sex couples that invented this thing, advertising with sex, selling by sex, titillation by sex depictions in film and other media. It started with more common and more acceptable forms. Now it is rampant, so much so that people hardly even notice it any more; it's become part of the culture.

Do as my husband and I do--either not watch television, watch only channels that have EWTN, get the "family package" if TV is a must (that has NO risque commercials and is the cheapest too), and use the Bishops rating of movies and mostly go to NO movies (saves money). Read books-and not erotic books. If you happen to see a billboard or something that makes you "uncomfortable" because of it's sexual nature, make a note. Don't buy the product and write the business and tell them "why" you aren't purchasing the product.

When those that fund the shows and make the movies find that they simply can't make money by appealing to base interests, they'll start "toning" things down for the rest of us.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Out of sheer curiosity, why did you feel the need to add that last part?

1. Because MoreCoffee said that those kinds of things made him feel "uncomfortable".

and

2. Because we had that long thread on the book "Fifty Shades of Gray" and the fact that some classics are getting a "Fifty Shades of Gray" makeover.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Out of sheer curiosity, why did you feel the need to add that last part?
Good question :)

Naturally I gave no indication either expressly or implied that I ever read erotic books. The very thought is shocking! How could it even enter the mind of a good Catholic to read such literature??

Now, back to the Chick fil-A thing. Eat more greens I say. Eat more kale! avoid the fatty salty chicken and bread that chick fil-a peddles to the detriment of people's health and the expansion of their midriffs! Vote with you feet, boycott Chick fil-A!

Thank you :)

:p :p :p

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How could it even enter the mind of a good Catholic to read such literature??

Well, I said what *my husband and I* chose to do. And I gave the answer why as well--you know that thread--on a Catholic board.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If he does his work in New York City, it's because of "Nanny" Bloomberg that has made more than 12 ounces of soda illegal. ^_^

LOL Its true. I guess they think people are not "responsible enough" to make up their minds whether they want to choose to buy and consume something that may or may not be the best for them. Gotta love Nanny states! I am glad I don't live there because I still get a 54 ounce soda's at Quicktrip every time I go and love it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.