The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Hmmm.....that sounds exactly like those "gay pride" parades you see in Frisco and other places, or the antics of ACT-UP and the "Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence" or any of those other homosexual vaudevillian groups....or even the rantings of people like Dan Savage; it looks very much like it was done to attract attention, to make a spectacle, to provide a photo opportunity.

A gay parade in San Fancisco isn't exactly provocative.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm.....that sounds exactly like those "gay pride" parades you see in Frisco and other places, or the antics of ACT-UP and the "Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence" or any of those other homosexual vaudevillian groups....or even the rantings of people like Dan Savage; it looks very much like it was done to attract attention, to make a spectacle, to provide a photo opportunity.

Uggh. Don't get me started on those attention....afficianados... and their parades.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A gay parade in San Fancisco isn't exactly provocative.

Then why bother?

You don't see "celibacy pride" marches in Vatican City, or "Mestizo pride" marches in Mexico, or "potato farmer pride" marches in Idaho, do you?

No. Why not? Becuase everybody is part of the group, and there's no point. But you'll still see "gay pride" marches in Frisco.

Why?

All I can think of is what I said before: it looks very much like it was done to attract attention, to make a spectacle, to provide a photo opportunity.

They're trying to make a noise, to stri things up, to get in somebody's face, push the envelope, offend somebody, in order to advance their agenda.

Which is their right, of course, but it doesn't mean that everybody in the world is just going to roll over, play dead, and give them everything they demand. Real life just doesn't work that way.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
MoreCoffee said:
Honestly, why would a priest walk in a circle with a picket crowd praying the rosary while they are shouting their protests against the alleged bigotry of the Chick fil-A owners? Really, why do that? And do not say it was because of his first amendment right to free speech! It looks very much like it was done to attract attention, to make a spectacle, to provide a photo opportunity.
Yeah, that's what I said, isn't it?

Make a spectacle, get attention, record it on camera, or arrange for somebody to come with a camera to record it and instant publicity!

It is the modern media savvy way!:priest:

;););)

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, that's what I said, isn't it?

Make a spectacle, get attention, record it on camera, or arrange for somebody to come with a camera to record it and instant publicity!

It is the modern media savvy way!:priest:

;););)

So if it's okay with you that the Pink Mafia does it, then you should be okay with Christian conservatives doing it, shouldn't you?

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Then why bother?

You don't see "celibacy pride" marches in Vatican City, or "Mestizo pride" marches in Mexico, or "potato farmer pride" marches in Idaho, do you?

No. Why not? Becuase everybody is part of the group, and there's no point. But you'll still see "gay pride" marches in Frisco.

Why?

All I can think of is what I said before: it looks very much like it was done to attract attention, to make a spectacle, to provide a photo opportunity.

They're trying to make a noise, to stri things up, to get in somebody's face, push the envelope, offend somebody, in order to advance their agenda.

Which is their right, of course, but it doesn't mean that everybody in the world is just going to roll over, play dead, and give them everything they demand. Real life just doesn't work that way.

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but over here the Gay Parade is more an excuse for a party than anything else. It's people dressed up in funny costumes on boats and other people hanging out in the sun on a boat enjoying the spectacle and slowly getting drunk. It's a celebration for tolerance, too; plenty of straight people attend. But mostly it's just a party and my fellow countymen who disagree stay away.

If potato farmers want to have a parade celebrating their existence they're free to, but generally potato farmers have never been ostracised from society.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

This is true. What they want is to make somebody lose it, start shouting epithets, punch them in the face, whatever. The papers like "innocent" victims. Anyone who happens to enjoy the NHL, even in passing, knows these guys. They have mouths like cannons, they're small, and they can't fight, but they are brave and they're willing to take one for the team. Yap yap yap, taunt, pick at, provoke - act in whatever legal way you figure is most liekly to elicit a negative response...eventually you'll push someone too far, some thug punches you in the mouth, you smile and skate to your bench to the praise of your coach while said thug couldn't control his emotions and put his team a man down for a while.

...I loathe those guys. Sean Avery. Ulf Sammuelsson. Matthew Barnaby. Dino Ciccarelli. Esa Tikkanen. Claude Lemieux. Ken Linesman. Uggh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
So if it's okay with you that the Pink Mafia does it, then you should be okay with Christian conservatives doing it, shouldn't you?

I don't know about MC but I'm fine with a priest saying a rosary at a Chick-Fil-A restaurant. I think it's stupid, deliberately provocative and designed to get sympathy and mindless, unquestioning outrage from conservatives, but that's just my opinion. He can do as he likes.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Oh, I am more than okay with the priest getting attention for himself and his cause. What I wondered is why anybody on OBOB would pretend it was not to get attention. Clearly it was for publicity. Provoke and reap the benefit [whirlwind].

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,696.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You people are just rude. Seriously.

Any side but the priests side. Any side but the Churches side.

Playing devil's advocate is the easiest thing in the world.

More substance.

Please.

Come on Michie.

This Priest is no Matt Talbot. now there was a real martyr who didn't go around looking for a photo opportunity on street corners...

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Come on Michie.

This Priest is no Matt Talbot. now there was a real martyr who didn't go around looking for a photo opportunity on street corners...

Here's one photo opportunity of a priest putting his life in danger for his faith:

1962001.jpg

Forgive me if I'm not duly impressed with a guy saying a rosary at a fast food restaurant.

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Come on Michie.

I think he was just trying to expose the liberal gay agenda for what it is, hateful and intolerant! He didn't have to make them look bad they did it themselves and very well I might add. Reminds me of the pro-life march that teens did and the liberal prochoicers were kicking the teens on the ground as they prayed the rosary. Yep the devil hates our Lady(Rev 12). Bring her into a rebellious crowd and you will see the demonic influence of hate and unrighteous anger.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,696.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,696.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think he was just trying to expose the liberal gay agenda for what it is, hateful and intolerant! He didn't have to make them look bad they did it themselves and very well I might add. Reminds me of the pro-life march that teens did and the liberal prochoicers were kicking the teens on the ground as they prayed the rosary. Yep the devil hates our Lady(Rev 12). Bring her into a rebellious crowd and you will see the demonic influence of hate and unrighteous anger.

So he was using the Rosary to promote a non-religous agenda..?
How nice...:(

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So, basically, you're saying he was trolling to get a reaction that would prove that the other side is bad ...

Is that any way to pray the rosary?

I hope you're wrong about his motives.

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So he was using the Rosary to promote a non-religous agenda..?
How nice...:(

Who says you cannot pray for souls and reveal a demonic agenda at the same time? Exorcist do it all the time.

Upvote 0