Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I guess theres nothing after bronze.

The issue will pretty much be:

Does supporting traditional marriage mean hating gays?

I think the gays are trying to make themselves odious n the eyes of the American public by their actions against any company with a president/owner that dares to express independent thought in America. This way they can claim that if you do not think in lock-step with them- then you must hate gays.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You people are just rude. Seriously.

Any side but the priests side. Any side but the Churches side.

Playing devil's advocate is the easiest thing in the world.

More substance.

Please.
Honestly, why would a priest walk in a circle with a picket crowd praying the rosary while they are shouting their protests against the alleged bigotry of the Chick fil-A owners? Really, why do that? And do not say it was because of his first amendment right to free speech! It looks very much like it was done to attract attention, to make a spectacle, to provide a photo opportunity.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Honestly, why would a priest walk in a circle with a picket crowd praying the rosary while they are shouting their protests against the alleged bigotry of the Chick fil-A owners? Really, why do that? And do not say it was because of his first amendment right to free speech! It looks very much like it was done to attract attention, to make a spectacle, to provide a photo opportunity.
Peace.

People pray in public. I do when I eat. He has every right to assemble with his rosary.

Instead of looking at the good you all automatically see the worst in a priest praying a rosary. That is really quite sad.

And as far as Scripture, it does not forbid praying in public. All of Scripture is an example of that. It forbids praying in public for the wrong reasons. To get glory which makes the prayer insincere.

Do you have any proof this priest was not sincere?

Any of you judge much?

Seriously, there is quite a double standard going on lately.

Tolerance 2012.

Feel the love.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
LOL I think its funny when people from other countries get all upset about stuff that happens in a fast food resturants in the USA. Like their opinion is gonna change the USA ! LOL!
Oh, we're not upset, we are mostly laughing at the peculiarity of the fierce debate over almost nothing.

I imagine that if an owner of a fast food chain in France, for example, said something about his beliefs on marriage and chose to fund gay-cure style organisations it might attract some press comment and perhaps a little public comment for the TV news but pickets and priests praying the rosary while marching with the picketers? Not likely.

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, we're not upset, we are mostly laughing at the peculiarity of the fierce debate over almost nothing.

I imagine that if an owner of a fast food chain in France, for example, said something about his beliefs on marriage and chose to fund gay-cure style organisations it might attract some press comment and perhaps a little public comment for the TV news but pickets and priests praying the rosary while marching with the picketers? Not likely.

Wait you mean we finally have agreed on something? Has hell frozen over?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL I think its funny when people from other countries get all upset about stuff that happens in a fast food resturants in the USA. Like their opinion is gonna change the USA ! LOL!
Smells of bigotry with a big dose of superiority complex.

Feel the love amongst the brethern.

They will know us by our love.

If anyone claims to love God yets hates his brother, he is a liar.

You will know them by their fruits.

It's disgusting.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Especially when the interview was given to the Baptist Press. But you have those that troll for any info to force their beliefs on others. It gives the gay activists a cause so they can display their tolerance & respect for other's beliefs.

Chik-fil-a ain't hurting on this one. Thats for sure.

And poking fun of a priest praying a rosary is below the belt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Being lazy, I eat out a lot. Sometimes I go to restaraunts with Priests. Often I eat at the Knights of Columbus. I have never seen a Priest or anyone else pray the Rosary at a restaraunt. He might have been sincere - or he might have been looking to provoke exactly the reaction he got. Which do you think is more likely?

Instead of looking at the good you all automatically see the worst in a priest praying a rosary. That is really quite sad.

And as far as Scripture, it does not forbid praying in public. All of Scripture is an example of that. It forbids praying in public for the wrong reasons. To get glory which makes the prayer insincere.

Do you have any proof this priest was not sincere?

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Smells of bigotry with a big dose of superiority complex.

Feel the love amongst the brethern.

They will know us by our love.

If anyone claims to love God yets hates his brother, he is a liar.

You will know them by their fruits.

It's disgusting.
Well, Mitchie, my sister in the Lord, what post is using epithets like 'bigotry' and 'superiority complex' and 'hates his brother' and "it's disgusting"?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, Mitchie, my sister in the Lord, what post is using epithets like 'bigotry' and 'superiority complex' and 'hates his brother' and "it's disgusting"?
Judging the fruits brother. It's not what goes into your mouth that makes you unclean. It's what comes out.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Being lazy, I eat out a lot. Sometimes I go to restaraunts with Priests. Often I eat at the Knights of Columbus. I have never seen a Priest or anyone else pray the Rosary at a restaraunt. He might have been sincere - or he might have been looking to provoke exactly the reaction he got. Which do you think is more likely?
Sincerity.

I see people praying the rosary in public quite often. Where there is turmoil people do pray for peace & there is nothing wrong with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Indeed, it is what one includes in one's posts that ... well you know the rest.
You bet I do. We are called to rebuke & edify eachother in love.

Not snark each other out & judge a prayerful priests intentions.

Lose the us versus them mentality when it comes to the nationality. We have enough division as is.

Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ah, "us vs them" on "nationality" ... but you do not know my nationality.
France?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hmmm.....that sounds exactly like those "gay pride" parades you see in Frisco and other places, or the antics of ACT-UP and the "Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence" or any of those other homosexual vaudevillian groups....or even the rantings of people like Dan Savage; it looks very much like it was done to attract attention, to make a spectacle, to provide a photo opportunity.

Upvote 0