Indiana
✟30,277.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
There are muslims dying right now all over the world for their faith, using your logic to speak badly of their beliefs is an insult.

I'm sorry but I don't want to play your emotional games. Your objective is to shutup your opponent using emotions and it's not going to work.

Additionally there have been pagans and Christians killed over the ages for Christianity. Now there are "witches" being killed in Africa for superstition and Christianity. Basically..GROW UP.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Um, this is a CHRISTIAN site...your statement above "keep your faith to yourself", seems a bit odd considering the fact that you are on atheist on a Christian site telling us to keep our faith to ourselves.
Good quote mine!

Those of us that find your faith to be, in general, hurtful and disrespectful, are going to say so. Unless you would like to keep your faith to yourself. No chance of that happening I gather..
It's very clear he's saying that when you put forth your ideas it's foolish to expect people not to respond.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
So if we say "if you don't believe in God, you'll go to hell", you just automatically chalk that up to a scare tactic?
It is a scare tactic.

I've used the train tracks analogy before. If I see you on the tracks and I know a train is coming, and I tell you "if you don't get off the tracks you're going to die" - are you saying that's a scare tactic?
Your analogy fails, I can see the train, I can hear it coming, as it grows closer I can feel the ground shaking. With your god I can't hear him or see him, all I have is your word.

Reactions: Saving Hawaii
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.