Discussion Chi and Ki, where does it come from, what is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Some people practice Chi, or Tai Chi, in Japan it is called Ki, and there is Aikido, the way of Ki, what is Chi, where does it come from?

Qi, Ki, and Tao are deep concepts. I think the closest thing we have in Christianity is the Logos.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
It is because of ki that Aikido is not permitted by some pastors, for their flock. They think the strength to cut through bricks with a strike, is demonic. Others suggest is it the Kundalini spirit spread across Asia from India.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is because of ki that Aikido is not permitted by some pastors, for their flock. They think the strength to cut through bricks with a strike, is demonic. Others suggest is it the Kundalini spirit spread across Asia from India.

Its just simply physics I think. Its not really anything more than that. Many people practice martial arts without getting involved in the ancient spiritual side of it. I'm not promoting martial arts, just saying that in America martial arts its all about physics not spirituality. However, some people do see it as a way of life, in that it keeps one physically fit and disciplined. There is also an aspect in some martial arts that emphasizes peace instead of conflict. THis is just my fallible opinion though.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course you did mention Aikido. Some of those guys, if I'm not mistaken, believe they can kill with a finger using a death touch, or hit an opponent without ever actually touching them,. Its my fallible opinion that these people are following a cult. Its unrealistic ideology and is not considered credible by the larger martial art community.

Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is like Yoga. Same idea. There are some who will say, Yoga and Martial Arts are simply physical training arts. These are the people who have rejected the religious / spiritual components of those teachings.

But just like Yogo, the Eastern martial arts contained spiritual teachings along with physical teachings. I used to read material and believe the accounts of Parmahansa Yogananda... he was the Hindu who introduced Yoga into California.

His autobiography and teachings on Yoga, mixed both religious / spiritual practice into Yoga body practices.

So Chi is nonsense really, if you just do physical training.

But if you believe Chi is a real thing, believe the religious ideology along with it, those beliefs get into your thinking, and they're anti-Christian and demonic in orgin.

A similar way of understanding this is... a Christian who runs in the Olympics. Does it mean they worship Greek gods? No. But you *could* worship Greek gods if you believed in all the symbolism and ideas behind the Olympics.

Now I guess to the question... is there such a thing as a "Greek God" or "Chi". To understand this we have to realize satan is a liar. So satan can send a fallen angel somewhere, and put on a show for a given instance, and people will build religions out of what happened.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One branch or path of yoga is called Hatha Yoga and this is probably what most people in the West associate with the word "yoga" – believing it is being practised only for mental and physical health.

Some of the positions in yoga are not quite as harmless as they may appear, but are obviously of occult origin, as in the “cobra”, which is usually followed by “greeting the sun” – and taking the pose of the “mountain”. These are all positions which are designed to welcome Hindu gods.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ki .. chi .. breathing .. God breathed into adam ..life ..
demons also like to breath their way into people lives . there is a reason you simply NEVER find breathing techniques in the bible .
we are to repent of our own thinking and agree with god in stead , be baptized for the remission of our sin ,in doing so we die in Christ to this world and its deceptive lies .. and are born again of the spirit of god .. the evidence this has occurred is the proof of the HOLY spirit and out of us flows a river of living water ..(tongues.. for there is the power of life and death in the tongue and the mouth speaks from the abundance of the heart , thus when the heart is full of the holy Spirit of life ..the person speaks out in tongues .)
we are to be wise in god . we do not turn to carnal reason but seek the council of GOD .. not men .
the enemy delights to deceive ,he is a thief and a liar .give place to him and he WILL invade your life without fail .
listen to lying doctrines of devils .. the most insidious of lies is that "its just physical exercise" but the very words it is just physical .. is the lie . for NOTHING is just Physical when GOD himself is the great most high one true living SPIRIT ..
nothing but nothing is ever .. JUST physical .. we are spirits living in bodies. nothing is without spiritual implication .nothing we think imagine say or do is without spiritual implication . we are firstly spiritual beings .it is how god made us .
the moment some one says //it is ONLY physical . is the moment your guard should go up on high alert .. for it is the foundations basis upon which the rest of the lie is about to be fed to you ,so ... listen to lying doctrines of devils and you will be invaded for you well be tricked into inviting them in .

Upvote 0

Senkaku

Shatter the Illusion
Aug 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟66,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
this is a very layered topic to discuss. i have been involved in Nei Jia Quan specifically for about 8 years now, practice and study and a hardcore christian for about 14 years now. I have trained in Yang style under the direct lineage of Yang Lu Chan and Chen Tai Chi under a more Wushu type lineage as well as Bagua Zhang. In my time i have met some charlatans and also real people. there is a huge difference in real internal arts vs mystical internal arts. i can pm you if you like to go in detail and tackle this layer by layer or if others would like to discuss this here openly, I'm ok with that as well. (this is not an easy subject because of misconceptions on terms used. the last thing I want to do is trip up young believers who might not be strong enough in their faith.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Senkaku

Shatter the Illusion
Aug 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟66,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
that it is...but the problem we face in Christianity most times is that we don't deal with the curiosity of believers when it comes to issues like this and others. I'll say this once and ministers should pay attention. IF WE, THE CHURCH, DO NOT ADDRESS THESE ISSUES AND STOP FEARING THE TABOO, THE PEOPLE WILL FIND ANOTHER SOURCE FOR THESE ISSUES AND BE LED ASTRAY. we have a responsibility as the body of Christ to deal with these things directly and give credible responses. I fell into deception because of this and I don't want anyone to go down the same road I did. It is usually the curiosity in these issues that make believers turn away, especially when, as believers, we give them blanket answers. When that happens, you aren't addressing the core issue. Yes, we need to have faith and trust in the Spirit of God and Scripture only, but people need to understand why Scripture and the Spirit are vital for our faith.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the scripture is not a blanket answer .. it says "be not conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind ".
the word repent means to change your mind towards god .. it means to change your mind and agree with him.not go off and be worldly .. going astray comes from refusing to listen to God in the first place .Jesus said " my sheep hear my voice and i know then and they follow me , they dont wander off and do their own thing .

Upvote 0

Senkaku

Shatter the Illusion
Aug 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟66,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
yes, exactly, but for some, they need to understand why the Ways of God are better, let me give you an example

say you went to a meeting about mechanical engineering and you yourself are not in that same field. you would sit there and listen to everyone around you using words that you are unfamiliar with, terms you never heard of. they would probably sound like they were speaking a foreign language or something. so, there are two ways in which understanding can come.

1) you rise up to their level, go through the learning process and educate yourself in their lingo and ways

2)they come down to your level, they use your terms to explain what they are doing and talking about

as believers, we are to follow the example of Christ, who knelt down and came to us on our level, used or lingo. Do you understand what I mean now? the pharisees had more biblical knowledge than anyone else around, yet they didn't understand the humility of Jesus coming down to people's level. in other words, biblical knowledge and wisdom means nothing if we can't give it to people on their level.

the reason why this is layered is because there is truth in a lot of things in the world, but half truth doesn't mean anything. think about it, Eve was not drawn to the BAD side of the fruit, she was drawn to the GOOD side of the fruit. The devil can make anything look good, we need to learn to discern this concept so as to preserve and protect real truth, understand?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Senkaku

Shatter the Illusion
Aug 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟66,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
yes, exactly...but I'm not sure, you are understanding where I'm coming from. how bout this; Matthew 15:6

"they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition."

so, the pharisees nullified the effect of the all powerful Word of God, how? their hearts were not connected. Word of God without heart is useless. if the Word of God alone was that amazing, then the pharisees were perfect, Jesus was wrong and we should have never listened to him, but the pharisees instead. our job is to reach people on their level, in their hearts and be the bridge to God. we minister to people's hearts and give them the Word where it applies. but if their hearts are not in line with God, then the word will only be empty to them, we would only birth more people like Paul before salvation, zealous but heartless. which is why he spoke of the letter kills, but the spirit gives life. the pharisees were stuck and couldn't see because their eyes were so fixed on the Word of God.

I'm not disagreeing with you, you are right, I'm just saying that you have to understand both sides of this. some people can take the Word and be happy with that answer, others might need more of a breakdown. I'd rather destroy arguments that could lead to deception. sometimes, to understand what something is, you have to understand what it is not, understand?

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟884,143.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
edit 2:

Qi=energy, which isn't too weird. Energy is part of creation, but true transformative power comes not from energy, but from the holy Spirit. I have tried acupuncture and herbs for health benefits, but it hasn't felt good for me spiritually. I think working with qi, through qigong, yoga, acupuncture may effect your faith in a negative way, because you work with the energy of "this world", and not of the "coming world". Blessings!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Qi, Ki, and Tao are deep concepts. I think the closest thing we have in Christianity is the Logos.
There is no comparison.it is carnal .it is of the spirit of this world and it is demonic.
It is to be repented of and broken off lives

• Friendly
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
edit 2:

Qi=energy, which isn't too weird. Energy is part of creation, but true transformative power comes not from energy, but from the holy Spirit. I have tried acupuncture and herbs for health benefits, but it hasn't felt good for me spiritually. I think working with qi, through qigong, yoga, acupuncture may effect your faith in a negative way, because you work with the energy of "this world", and not of the "coming world". Blessings!
Yoga teaches position and breathing in order to breath in demons.
People forget the Word spirit.means breath . the breath of God is the holy spirit .
Other breaths are evil spirits.
This is why ALL worldly arts incorporate breathing ...
Don't do it. Repent. Follow Jesus Only.

Upvote 0

Aryeh

Dec 4, 2016
Los Angeles
✟21,820.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Some people practice Chi, or Tai Chi, in Japan it is called Ki, and there is Aikido, the way of Ki, what is Chi, where does it come from?

Your body.

The earth.

The cosmos.

Other dimensions.

(Seriously.)

We all have inherent ki/chi. There are ways to ciphon more into yourself, project it onto objects or in space, and to use it as psychic medicine/healing. This was likely widely practiced in the days of Noah.

But, if you don't fully understand what you are doing, or if your body can't take it, then you will deplete yourself - even to death. No human can really do this without depleting themselves.

There was only One Human who arguably was able to use "ki/chi" correctly, for the right purposes, and masterfully so as to not deplete Himself. That is, if we assume that an argument could be made that those miracles involved the use of "chi/ki."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.