Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not really no, mathematicly a fourt dimension is trivial to represent and also used very often in basic engineering, science and so on. For exampel, say that I want to represent temperature in a room in all points, then I need a x, y, z coordinate and also a temperature reading which then becomes the fourth dimension. You can kepp adding data like this to get many dimensions.

That's why I stipulated a fourth dimension of space.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course not, science deals with many more dimensions than that. Some branches of string theory with as many as 26 dimensions, and the currently popular M-theory with 11 dimensions.

So if science can accept what they can't see as science, why do they automatically rule out God as supernatural?

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,677.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So if science can accept what they can't see as science, why do they automatically rule out God as supernatural?

Science doesnt accept anything, science isnt an entity. Only people can accept or deny things and concepts.

Science deals with reality, if a creator was a part of physical reality then the scientific method could adress it/him/her, but the concept of a creator as it is stipulated by religon is always metaphysical and therefore not possible to adress with science.

Gods/magic is by its very nature something that is not possible to adress by science and therefore in the realm of belief.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Gods/magic is by its very nature something that is not possible to adress by science and therefore in the realm of belief.

So a magic show operates outside the realm of science?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jacks

Er Victus
Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟665,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not really no, mathematicly a fourt dimension is trivial to represent and also used very often in basic engineering, science and so on. For exampel, say that I want to represent temperature in a room in all points, then I need a x, y, z coordinate and also a temperature reading which then becomes the fourth dimension. You can kepp adding data like this to get many dimensions.

No disrespect meant, but isn't this trivializing the idea of dimensions? You've just added a variable, not a new dimension in the usual sense of the word. If there is an definition of "4th dimension" as being something like the temperature in the room I can't find it.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

Science works the other way around. Science accepts positive claims that are backed by positive evidence. If you want God as part of science, then you need to bring forward positive evidence for God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Who is the only Person that can exist without being created?
No person was created.
Checkmate. Your question failed.

Let me get this straight.

Are you saying that everyone one of us exists without being created?

So you currently have seven billion answers to my OP?

Upvote 0

LACanuck

Jan 29, 2008
✟7,619.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Let me get this straight.

Are you saying that everyone one of us exists without being created?

So you currently have seven billion answers to my OP?
Well, without a more precise definition of what you mean by 'create' it's really hard to say for certain. Does creation include the concept of 'intent'? Does the being doing the creating need to be sentient? If so, then how would you characterize exactly what comprises sentience? Are only humans capable of being 'created'? What about animals? Fish? Bacteria? Viruses? So many edge cases to consider.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

LACanuck

Jan 29, 2008
✟7,619.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Which means what exactly?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/supersymmetry-fails-test-forcing-physics-seek-new-idea/

Just because something is Popular - the capitol is important :) doesn't mean its correct. Would you agree?
While you're certainly correct that popularity does not imply correctness (I can think of a number of examples without working overly hard), that doesn't change the original point. That science is capable of operating with and verifying the existence (or non-existence) of more than three, or even four, dimensions. In fact, I'd suggest that your link actually proves that point.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.