Check out my first Youtube video!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thank you my dear sister, you played that tune from your heart.:)

I always wondered how the flute actually got to the Americas, much the same as the Australian aborigne boomerang. Somewhere deep down there is an influence from the Egyptian culture. Any thought on that?:)

Upvote 0

cherokeehippie

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
somewhere in the Ozarks
Visit site
✟19,793.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi Elijah, I wondered about that, too! For the most part, Native American flutes are just the single one flute, but I think it was the Choctaw in the Southeast part of hte US (the Choctaw was neighbors of the Cherokee) who had the double flute! I was just thinking the same thing...I've seen ancient relief forms in the Near East, Egypt or Assyria, etc, with double flutes!

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I enjoyed that, and have never seen a drone flute before! Isn't it interesting that all music tends to sound like it originates in the same place when played by ancient instruments? I'll wager that if you played a rock 'n roll piece, it would sound aboriginal!

Thank you!

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I'm playing a famous Israeli folk song, Yerushalayim shel Zahav (Jerusalem of Gold) on my native american river cane drone flute!

Thanks for sharing that with us cherokeehippie.
peace.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.