Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Summary: Chavez opponents unable to defeat him in election stage a protest and boycott election, which Chavez blames on the US, along with everyhting else.

I am not familiar with Venezuelan elctoral laws to comment on the validity of the opposition's claims of unfair practices. It appears that the combined efforts of this opposition is not enough to remove Chavez or his party. If he was such a bad guy, as some want us to believe, the people would just vote him out but apparently this isn't happeneing.

As far as him blaming the US, thats nothing new. Thats how he manages to stay so popular, he taps into the severe dislike of Bush and US policies to keep the people rallied to his cause. He presents himself as a modern day Simon Bolivar, fighting the imperialism of outside powers.

Honestly, I'm not gonna loose any sleep over Chavez and his bluster.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Poor Chavez. The media jumps on any chance to portray him as crazy. Not that I am doubting that he said anything like this, he probably did, I'm just remembering how they twisted his remarks about Halloween. I should really read this from a Venezuelan newspaper, but I don't know any good ones.

Upvote 0

CCGirl

Resident Commie
Sep 21, 2005
Canada
✟27,370.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
The Carter Centre is internationally known for verification of elections being "free and fair". The Election Comission in Venezuela has worked closely with The Carter Centre.

The fact that Chavez is accusing interference is very accurate!:sigh: Through the NED. the US funnels millions to the Venezuelan opposition, in the name of "promoting democracy".

If this happened in the US, there would be alot more than a simple outcry!

Reactions: ACougar
Upvote 0

LittlePinky82

Nov 26, 2005
Tennessee
✟950.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

LittlePinky82

Nov 26, 2005
Tennessee
✟950.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Now gee why would they want to protray Chavez as crazy? Hmm.... Maybe to protect their own intrests? And you know why Robertson wanted his assisination? It's all about the minerals. Google him and President Charles Taylor to get ya started on that one. Chavez isn't dumb. He knows what they're up to. Bush wanted the oil in Venezuela but Chavez told him "no" and to bugger off so now there's a feud. Someone told little Georgie "no" for once.

MoonlessNight said:
Poor Chavez. The media jumps on any chance to portray him as crazy. Not that I am doubting that he said anything like this, he probably did, I'm just remembering how they twisted his remarks about Halloween. I should really read this from a Venezuelan newspaper, but I don't know any good ones.

Upvote 0

LittlePinky82

Nov 26, 2005
Tennessee
✟950.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Exactly. The BEEF has been stealing elections for years in smaller countries to gain practice and get better at it. Nothing would surprise me. Now what Carter does is monitor the elections and makes sure the media is fair to everyone etc. He more than likely doesn't keep an eye on private funding such as what you mention. Of course I'm not for sure but someone should in my opinion so something like that doesn't happen. And they're only protraying Chavez crazy just like they do so-called "consperiacy theorists". So they (the "powers that be" in government) can get away with things and nobody believe the person telling. Of course there are some things that just are theories and other things that are purely true. Some stuff I know highly others would look at me like I'm a loonie even though I'm perfectly sane.

CCGirl said:
The Carter Centre is internationally known for verification of elections being "free and fair". The Election Comission in Venezuela has worked closely with The Carter Centre.

The fact that Chavez is accusing interference is very accurate!:sigh: Through the NED. the US funnels millions to the Venezuelan opposition, in the name of "promoting democracy".

If this happened in the US, there would be alot more than a simple outcry!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Chaves is doing good things in Venezuela, it'll be good to see him strengthen his majority in congress. He's right to be wary of the CIA though, we don't exactly play nice when it comes to Oil or South American politics.
http://www.thedailyjournalonline.com/article.asp?ArticleId=206977&CategoryId=10718

jlujan69 said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051202/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/venezuela_elections

What will he think of next? Feel free to click on the link and custom design your own summary.

Upvote 0

LittlePinky82

Nov 26, 2005
Tennessee
✟950.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Exactly. And I've heard of all he's doing and it does seem good. It would be nice to have a country where you can get health care. *sigh* Oil comes first of course.

ACougar said:
Chaves is doing good things in Venezuela, it'll be good to see him strengthen his majority in congress. He's right to be wary of the CIA though, we don't exactly play nice when it comes to Oil or South American politics.
http://www.thedailyjournalonline.com/article.asp?ArticleId=206977&CategoryId=10718

Upvote 0