treefencecar

Dec 1, 2016
GB
✟7,576.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
As we are at a time of year when people tend to give more to charity I wondered what other Christians give?

Personally I give around 1% of my income per year and I used to give even less than this. I feel I could contribute more but I am also mindful of looking after my family.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

DawnStar

Pragmatist
Nov 27, 2014
✟37,814.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 6
1 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Hi there! :)
Any amount given to charity should be okay. Whether 1% or less or more of a yearly income, as long as it is given humbly without any expectations of something in return.

Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As we are at a time of year when people tend to give more to charity I wondered what other Christians give?

Personally I give around 1% of my income per year and I used to give even less than this. I feel I could contribute more but I am also mindful of looking after my family.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I rarely give to any organised charity - so many of them have political agendas these days. If you look around you can soon find people in need ... and that is probably how it was practised in Bible days.

Upvote 0