United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How do I find my own "recent posts" ?
Hover over your name near the top-right, and select My Content. But it doesn't seem to be pulling all posts for me at this time.

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

cavell

Senior Veteran
Jan 14, 2006
Yorkshire, England
✟34,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I have been a regular contributor since I joined C.F. Making what I trust to have been exhortations in the Wesleyan section to all who like me follow Jesus.

Some time ago I applied to be a staff member at C.F., such was my interest in the cause of Christ, but my application was unsuccessful. This did not offend me, but I was surprised at the reply that I was given from C.F. .......it made me aware that not all were committed to the Christian cause, even at C.F.

Recently articles that I posted to encourage in the Christian faith, have been deleted?

My prayer would be for the staff that wisdom be given to defend the cause of Christ and His church. Does it remain 'Christian Forums'? I hope so.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, this is enough to qualify as an unorthodox Christian here and participate in unorthodox doctrinal discussion. Mormons and JWs were allowed to post there in the past, but under the new structure, that is no longer the case, Mormon and JW are now designated non Christian religions in that they both deny the divinity of Christ.

what about Seventh Day Adventists, Unitarian Universalists, or Christian Scientists?

Upvote 0

Architeuthus

Squid
Apr 29, 2015
✟16,006.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
I also noted in the new rules George posted, that it's forbidden to deny the claim of anyone self-identifying as a Christian, that any such denial (as I understand it) will be considered "harassment". What if Mormons claim to be Christians?

That confuses me too, because there was also a later decision posted saying that those denying the deity of Christ were officially deemed not to be Christians -- in "Controversial Theology" and in the new faith icons list ("This means that any faith group that does not believe in the deity of Christ as described may no longer post in Christian-Only areas. They are considered non-Christians."). The Nicene creed seems no longer to be the deciding factor.

But it's really hard to tell, because there's no centralised rules page, just lots of (mostly out-of-date) threads describing the rules.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well .. its been a few days on the new layout .
all very confusing at first and I think quite uninviting as far as clicking on threads to have a read (but hey that's only opinion- nothing "wrong" with them )

mostly it is just a learning curve to get used to it all .. New users will not have a problem and the rest of us will cope and in a few months will slowly forget how it was before.

-one thing i miss (maybe its there and i have not found it yet ) is the preset text size & colour ( u added for some ones British benefit ;) ) for our own posts .
-also how does that "+quote" button work .. -didn't really enjoy finding a screenshot" suddenly posted into the forum .hows that work ?

Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟841,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm struggling with someone putting a "u" in the word colors! ;):p:p:p:eek:
:D us Canadians always put a "u" in the word colours, and other words too, like favourite.... I wish we spelled like Americans because it would have been one less letter to remember when we had a spelling test. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

George95

CF Tech Master
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Community Manager
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
✟1,397,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Well .. its been a few days on the new layout .
all very confusing at first and I think quite uninviting as far as clicking on threads to have a read (but hey that's only opinion- nothing "wrong" with them )

mostly it is just a learning curve to get used to it all .. New users will not have a problem and the rest of us will cope and in a few months will slowly forget how it was before.

-one thing i miss (maybe its there and i have not found it yet ) is the preset text size & colour ( u added for some ones British benefit ;) ) for our own posts .
-also how does that "+quote" button work .. -didn't really enjoy finding a screenshot" suddenly posted into the forum .hows that work ?
It allows you to multi quote.

Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟841,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Doesn't everybody, outside the USA? ;)
That is something I learned today, but to tell you the truth I have only been comparing our spelling with Americans since I email with an American on a regular basis. :)

I am getting used to the new layout, I don't like change, but I'll get used to it.... from what I have read, we should wait until all the bugs are worked out.

Upvote 0

Architeuthus

Squid
Apr 29, 2015
✟16,006.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
's funny how this has developed into an everyone [ whether a 'normal' TAW poster or not ] is posting problems and comments here :D

OK, I hadn't realised that this was a closed community thread. I just clicked on "Changes to CF" somewhere on the main page.

Upvote 0