Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think God probably included Hillel's calendar in his plan for a reason. I don't think we should create a new calendar, but when Yeshua returns, chances are we will return to the original calendar. I think the fact that the true year we are in is not known to us is part of the whole "time of the gentiles" thing, the time of confusion.

OK. I agree with most of this but I am not sure this time is all that confusing, calendar-wise. The whole planet pretty much is happy with the secular calendar.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws

No I wasn't referring to Hillel, but when I read the posts about all these calendars and also from Jubilees, it seems that many have changed the times and if the times change does this change the laws attached to them?

Daylight savings wears me out. :) That's a change in the times....and it happens twice a year and drives me nuts. Plus the laws are always changing. That wears me out too. I'm going to have to take a good hard look at the gov't. ;)

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Why would God be concerned about "changing of laws" if it wasn't important?

It sounds like you're adressing me, but your words don't really relate to my statements. You must have misinterpreted what I said.

Sometimes we reply too quickly, and don't really contemplate and give the benefit of the doubt. Wink wink.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I have read different theories as to why it was 360 days and is now 365...

Only one makes sense though, as long as you begin by assuming the bible and Yahweh are correct. Some time after the flood, the earth's revolution around the sun either lengthened or slowed to make the year just over four days longer. Chances are it changed the day's length too.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Only one makes sense though, as long as you begin by assuming the bible and Yahweh are correct. Some time after the flood, the earth's revolution around the sun either lengthened or slowed to make the year just over four days longer. Chances are it changed the day's length too.
One revolution can still be divided into equal parts.. as in 24 hours.. hours are then given 60 min... min 60 secs... and who is to say how fast a sec or millisec is.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have read different theories as to why it was 360 days and is now 365...

Donald Wesley Patton theorized that an asteroid or comet of enormous mass caused Noah's flood and the coincident Ice Age. It very well could have changed the rotational period and could have changed the orbit slightly as well - resulting in adding 4.25 days to solar year.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
So if we get hit by an asteroid of massive proportions, we could see "the days were shortened"..
Matthew 24:22 "If those days had not been cut short, no flesh would have been saved; but because of the chosen, shall those days be shortened. ..
Headlines in the future's news... Asteroid causes the earth's spin to increase, shortens the days..

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Daylight savings wears me out. :) That's a change in the times....and it happens twice a year and drives me nuts. Plus the laws are always changing. That wears me out too. I'm going to have to take a good hard look at the gov't. ;)
I can imagine how that would be disconcerting for you. You are right, that is a change in times, I wasn't aware they did DST in Aussie? The only time it bothers me really is on Fridays for Shabbat, that makes a big change and some getting used to especially in winter because the days are shorter and you have less time it seems to get ready.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
In speaking of the laws changing, yes you could think of that in human government ways and that may be part of it but I think they are entwined when we don't even realize it.

It is interesting that the book of Daniel was written mostly in Aramaic at least the manuscripts we have.

After looking at the aramaic I think the word translated as 'times' would be akin to moedim, appointed times, which means the holy days.

As far as the laws, is is difficult to determine if this is speaking of torah or of a degree or something else.

It is interesting to note that the word used, דָת can actually be transliterated into 'data'. And strangely enough, google translate translates it into 'religious'.

religious data, would that be a way of expressing what we call the bible?

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
http://www.yashanet.com/library/hebrew-days-and-months.html

Read Splendor or Radiance(Flowers)[Barley harvest]
And was reminded of Matthew 6
25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

So beautiful.

Upvote 0