Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Surely some of you have taken this drug... did any of you have severe fatigue while you were on it? My brother and I are both on this (for different reasons) and we've both been sleeping a lot more than usual. He is not doing as badly as me, though.

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It appears to be on the "less serious" side effects list on drugs.com. Since it's not on the serious side effect list, I wouldn't worry about it.

If you ever have an questions about medication, they have online PDR's and drug guides. Here's the link to the Keflex information. Keflex

Upvote 0

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Surely some of you have taken this drug... did any of you have severe fatigue while you were on it? My brother and I are both on this (for different reasons) and we've both been sleeping a lot more than usual. He is not doing as badly as me, though.

This is an older common "safe" drug and it's highly unlikely that it's causing you to be soo tired. If we are a little dehydrated or have had fever, it can kind of drain you afterwards. Our bodies are kind of "one-minded" in that it will put all it's "focus" on what is important at any given moment and the rest suffers (energy is going elsewhere). Antibiotics not only kill the bad stuff, but also the good stuff. So your immune system is weak basically from the illness and also from the medicine. All the above combined and you can feel "blehHH". You're body is working hard in some areas, and the rest is "resting". You get tired for a reason. You need it. :thumbsup:

Be sure to be drinking plenty of clear fluids (bc of being sick and with this medicine). Gatorade or powerade are great. The ingredients in them are basically the same as are in IV fluids which has electrolytes.

In other words:

REST!
DRINK!
REST!
ENJOY BABYING FROM KIRK!

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0