Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey look what I found! I found my contract and all my rules as a employee of a municipality! :wave:

Lets see.

Technology Resource Usage Policy and Work Rules said:
This policy is designed to establish acceptable and appropriate use of computer and information systems, networks and other information technology resources at the City of XXX. The purpose of these network policies is to safeguard and protect all technology resources from anything other than authorized and intended use. The main points to remember are:

1. The City provides network, communications systems, equipment and devices. ("technology resources") to carry out legitimate City business. By using the City's technology resources, an employee consents to disclosing the contents of any data files, information and communications created on, stored on, transmitted, received or exchanged via its network, communications systems, equipment or devices.

2. There is no right to privacy in the use of the City technology resources. By using the City's technology resources an employee consents to monitoring, recording, and reviewing the use of that technology resource.

3. Users are expected to act lawfully, ethically and professionally, and to exercise common sense. Actions that are embarrassing to explain to the public, City Council, City Manager or media should be avoided.

4. Users granted access to critical data are responsible for its protection.

5. Incidental use for personal needs is allowed as long as that activity does not interfere with City business or conflict with any City policy or work rule.

6. Use of technology in violation of this policy is subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.

Strangely, I doubt there is much variance between various governments in this policy. I don't particularly care if they say its due to racism or not. Racism or not, white or black, they are perfectly justified in terminating this guy simply due to his lack of professionalism. :wave:

Upvote 0