• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Caught in the middle!

shamgar187126

Mar 16, 2005
Texas
✟129.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Has anyone felt like they are caught in the middle of tons of good arguments? I know that part of me wants to deny God but another part holds on. Perspective is confusing, my own feelings are confusing, knowing my own spirit is confusing... Anyone ever felt like this? Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

Sep 10, 2004
Kansas City area
✟23,771.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Part of the problem is that you may be trying to rationalize too much. Knowledge of God is existential, not rational. Leave the arguements aside and read your bible in a more reflective manner, as nourishment, not as fuel for theoligical contemplation. Maybe pray some of the psalms and avoid polemics for the time being.

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2004
Kansas City area
✟23,771.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Also, when I am feeling weary I seek refuge in the Evergentinos and the philokalia.

Those two links offer some excerpts of these writings. They are ancient accounts of spiritual struggle dating back to the 2nd or 3rd century. Check them out, it can be a change of pace from most "religious" writings out today.

May you find peace in Christ.

Upvote 0

chilibowl

Mar 9, 2005
at home
✟352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Theophorus, is right on with his advise:"Leave the arguements aside and read your bible in a more reflective manner, as nourishment, not as fuel for theoligical contemplation." But I do disagree that the bible "not rational." It is very rational, it is we are the ones out of "sink" so far so, we can no longer conperhend true and a perfect rational any longer, we've been far to corrupt for far too long... and the way back is as what Theophorus suggested, :"Leave the arguements aside and read your bible in a more reflective manner, as nourishment, not as fuel for theoligical contemplation." You see it is thru our time spent in reflection that the spirit can reveal it self if we have a heart for it. the arguements will all ways be there, some we still battle over since the time of christ.. so take the time and grow first before you get caught up in the worlds "rational of the scriptures"
Goodluck and godbless

Upvote 0