Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dale said:
Voegelin in post #5:
<< The Jerusalem Post is not the best source for accurate information regarding polices of The One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. >>

The Vatican is very bad source of information about what's going on in the Catholic Church.

I think the Jerusalem Post got most of their information in this story from the [American] Associated Press.

You've got to be kidding me! ^_^ Who is the best source? Jack Chick? :scratch: :confused: :D

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Holly3278 said:
You've got to be kidding me! ^_^ Who is the best source? Jack Chick? :scratch: :confused: :D

LOL...I'm not Catholic but I learned a long time ago to ignore what the AP, Jerusalem Post, New York Times, various "interfaith alliances" and more than a few Catholic publications have to say about Church teachings. Everytime I've checked what the Holy See itself says, I've found the reporting on the church was, at best, slightly off center and, at worst, outright dishonest.

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Voegelin said:
Christisans are doing exactly what liberals such as Alan Dershowitz say we all should do: Be inclusive. Reach out. Welcome others in. Don't disciminate.

No, Christians who try to win over people who lready have a faith, to their own, are NOT doing what Dershowitz is suggesting people do.

While liberals want to be inclusive and tolerant, leaving those their include to their own believes, Christian proselysers (is that a word?) aim to change a person's faith and believes! The latter are not inclusive - they are exclusive of any who do not think like them. Those who do think differently they try to switch around, nothing else!

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
chokmah said:
Ever seen a Jewish evangelization session at a school or any where else?
Oh most certainly! Quite a few times in fact. They are always welcome to come back to our Church and talk turkey. Here is their web site: http://www.jewsforjesus.org/

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
chokmah said:
As you'll note, I said, "Jewish". J4Jesus is remarkably not.
How so? They are Jews. yes not all but many/most are by blood. Are they no longer decedents of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? Jews for Jesus as well as Jesus, are Jews. In fact, Christianity was once considered purely a Jewish sect. Of course the Gentile Church is not "Jewish", not spiritual or by blood, yet it does share commonality in many respects to Judaism. Yet still, in the case of Jews for Jesus, many of the membership does consist of Jews, though Jewish believers of fulfilled messianic prophecies, now associated with the Church as one body; Jews, Greeks and Gentiles.

Upvote 0

MidnightBlue

June Carter, pray for us!
May 16, 2005
✟11,111.00
Faith
Rochir said:
No, Christians who try to win over people who lready have a faith, to their own, are NOT doing what Dershowitz is suggesting people do.
I don't know why browbeating people, running guilt trips, and threatening them with damnation is considered evangelism. For once, I'd like to see Christians try to evangelize in the way St. Seraphim of Sarov advised: "Acquire the spirit of peace, and thousands around you will be saved."

Upvote 0

MidnightBlue

May 16, 2005
✟11,111.00
Faith
Faith_Warrior said:
How so? They are Jews. yes not all but many/most are by blood. Are they no longer decedents of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?
If we assume that Abraham was a real historical individual who lived around 4,000 years ago and has living descendants today, it's pretty certain that everybody living is descended from him. Also from Confucius and the pharaohs. Humans are more closely related, and more intermarried, than most people realize.

Upvote 0
C

chokmah

Faith_Warrior said:
How so? They are Jews. yes not all but many/most are by blood. Are they no longer decedents of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? Jews for Jesus as well as Jesus, are Jews. In fact, Christianity was once considered purely a Jewish sect. Of course the Gentile Church is not "Jewish", not spiritual or by blood, yet it does share commonality in many respects to Judaism. Yet still, in the case of Jews for Jesus, many of the membership does consist of Jews, though Jewish believers of fulfilled messianic prophecies, now associated with the Church as one body; Jews, Greeks and Gentiles.

If one believes in the trinity; then they are no longer considered Jewish.

Upvote 0

Letalis

Jun 7, 2004
Miami, FL
✟25,650.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
The apostles proselytized Jews. I don't know why anyone would say that converting Jews is not a priority. They still need Christ for salvation just like everyone else. If they don't convert, they will go to Hell.

I've read Nostra Aetate, and it says nothing about not needing to convert Jews or that they need not convert to be saved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MidnightBlue

May 16, 2005
✟11,111.00
Faith
Voegelin said:
LOL...I'm not Catholic but I learned a long time ago to ignore what the AP, Jerusalem Post, New York Times, various "interfaith alliances" and more than a few Catholic publications have to say about Church teachings. Everytime I've checked what the Holy See itself says, I've found the reporting on the church was, at best, slightly off center and, at worst, outright dishonest.
Make note of the day it happened: 30 October 2005. I agree with Voegelin. :eek:

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Letalis said:
The apostles proselytized Jews. I don't know why anyone would say that converting Jews is not a priority. They still need Christ for salvation just like everyone else. If they don't convert, they will go to Hell.

Says who?;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

chokmah

Letalis said:
Sure, why not.
Just two passages alone will suffice:

Ezekiel 18
27. And when a wicked man repents of his wickedness that he has done, and does justice and righteousness, he will keep his soul alive.
28. He will see and repent of all his transgressions that he has committed-he shall surely live; he shall not die.

Isaiah 45
22. Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth, for I am God, and there is no other.

Repentance is all that's necessary; not a mediator.

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This article is totally untrustworthy. It flatly states that Nostae Aetate states something it doesn't, and anyone who can read can see that -
http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_...ts/vat-ii_decl_19651028_nostra-aetate_en.html

as for what the Catholic Church teaches about salvation, this quote from the official Catechism of the Catholic Church sums it up nicely:

[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/para/161.htm[/size][/font]
CCC-161 Believing in Jesus Christ and in the One who sent him for our salvation is necessary for obtaining that salvation. "Since "without faith it is impossible to please [God]" and to attain to the fellowship of his sons, therefore without faith no one has ever attained justification, nor will anyone obtain eternal life 'But he who endures to the end.'"

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Grizzly said:
Jews believe there is only one God instead of Three?
As do Christians. Who believes in three Gods? Perhaps those with a fundamental misunderstanding of the holy Trinity, or perhaps those who seek to intentionally misrepresent it.

Upvote 0

Letalis

Jun 7, 2004
Miami, FL
✟25,650.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
chokmah said:
Just two passages alone will suffice:

Ezekiel 18
27. And when a wicked man repents of his wickedness that he has done, and does justice and righteousness, he will keep his soul alive.
28. He will see and repent of all his transgressions that he has committed-he shall surely live; he shall not die.

Isaiah 45
22. Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth, for I am God, and there is no other.

Repentance is all that's necessary; not a mediator.
Ezekiel 18:27-28 Again, when a wicked person turns away from the wickedness he has committed and does what is just and right, he shall save his life. Because he considered and turned away from all the transgressions that he had committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die.

And shall the one who repents save his physical life or his spiritual?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.