Not open for further replies.

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
— is nothing other than a well-funded attempt to try to persuade Catholics that it is morally acceptable to continue to vote for the “personally opposed” pro-choice candidates who have swindled them in the past.

Even the devil can quote scripture...

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Of note is that this organization's materials have been banned from Catholic parishes in some diocese.

And although not directed at them by name. This guide and the ideology it misinterprets resulted in the pastoral letter of Cardinal George clarifying the Catholic concept of "Common Good"

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
To be fair though, some parishes have banned Regnum Christi materials..and few would take issue with their orthodoxy...

I haven't been part of this whole three thread argument/discussion--just thought I'd point that out....

I know. This one was banned for at least one entire diocese run by a Cardinal. So it is an issue. I am hunting the exact details.

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And although not directed at them by name. This guide and the ideology it misinterprets resulted in the pastoral letter of Cardinal George clarifying the Catholic concept of "Common Good"

I consider that a debatable interpretation of the Cardinal's letter, from what I've seen.

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I consider that a debatable interpretation of the Cardinal's letter, from what I've seen.

We can disagree on that part but with his history with this origination I tend to think there is more than a base connection. Either way they fall under his instruction (and correct view of Church Teaching) that common good can not be invoked without advocating for an end to legal abortion:

Our present laws permit unborn children to be privately killed. Laws that place unborn children outside the protection of law destroy both the children killed and the common good, which is the controlling principle of Catholic social teaching. One cannot favor the legal status quo on abortion and also be working for the common good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
LOL. Gee, I wonder what prompted this thread? :) Could it be some folks don't like study results that show that economic aid to the poor reduces abortions? :)

To be fair the same study shows that government support of abortion through funding (specifically Medicaid) raises them.

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We can disagree on that part but with his history with this origination I tend to think there is more than a base connection. Either way they fall under his instruction (and correct view of Church Teaching) that common good can not be invoked without advocating for an end to legal abortion:
Does this group agree with present abortion law? I haven't seen any evidence of that. It's possible I may have missed something, though.

how much does it lowe abortions?

"However, the findings from this study suggest that a two standard deviation difference among states in the reported level of economic assistance to low income families is correlated with a 20% lower abortion rate. Across the entire United States, this translates into 200,000 fewer abortions."

More here:

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=7286417 (CF OBOB thread)

And, in case for whatever reason that thread is closed:

http://www.faithdiscussion.com/index.php?topic=101 (FD OBOB thread)

http://viamediacatholic.blogspot.com/2008/09/study-by-catholic-group-shows.html (Blog)

Each is essentially the same thing and includes a link to the study itself, along with an opportunity for comment.

To be fair the same study shows that government support of abortion through funding (specifically Medicaid) raises them.

That's true, which is why Joe Biden and I are both oppose government funding of abortions. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.