Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Catholics beware!'

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Michie

Michie Manipulation Resistance Team Supporter CF Ambassador

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Pseudo-Catholic Organization Active in Diocese,” Oakland chancery warns

The following is from the April 16 edition of The Weekly, a publication of the chancery of the Oakland diocese.

It has been brought to the Bishop’s attention that there is a non-Catholic group operating in certain parts of the diocese that sometimes masquerades itself as a Catholic organization. The name of this group is Banal Na Pag-aaral (BNP). It is a movement founded in the Philippines in 1968 which, among other things, teaches that God is to be worshipped as “Mahal na Ingkong.” The BNP teaches that “Mahal na Ingkong” communicates with human beings through Mrs. Salve Carreon, who is the chairperson of the BNP movement. She allows her followers to reverence her with genuflections and other gestures normally reserved to Christ.

Continued-
    'Catholics beware!'

2. Azureknight 773

Azureknight 773 IXA the Knight Kamen Rider CF Ambassador Angels Team

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Mmm? What the hecK? Uh oh! Vatican, we have a problem!

LMAO! "Banal na Paaralan" means Holy School and "Mahal na Ingkong" means "Beloved Ingkong" in Filipino/ Tagalog. As far as my knowledge to my own national language goes, we borrow several loan words from other languages like Dios for God (from Spanish), Santos for Saints or Holy (from Spanish), Tinidor for fork (from Spanish), and a lot more (for we were under the rule of the Spaniards way back in the 1500's. But as far as I am concerned, I can help translate several sentences into English if you may.

BTW, thanks for the warning thread.

3. Ave Maria

Ave Maria Ave Maria Gratia Plena

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Catholic
    We really do need to beware. There are probably many groups such as these that masquerade as Catholic groups when in fact they are heterodox. It is unfortunate that such groups exist. I hope and pray that the members of these groups are awakened to the error of their ways and that they go to Confession and leave these groups for good.

4. ranpleasant

ranpleasant Catholic

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Catholic
    Back in the early 1980s I visited a cousin in Houston, Texas, and attended Mass with her. Outside of the church was a couple of men collecting money to help the poor of Northern Ireland. The priest was standing near-by when my cousin made a donation of $20. One of the men ask me if I was also going to make a donation. I told him, "No, I don't support the Provisional Irish Republican Army or any other terrorist groups". The priest has a stunned look on his face.

Ran

5. Ave Maria

Ave Maria Ave Maria Gratia Plena

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Catholic
    How did you know that the donations would go to support the Irish Republican Army?