St Mary MacKillop of the Cross, pray for us
Oct 24, 2006
Canberra
✟21,561.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Exorcists are officially and formally trained, and not all priests are allowed to do exorcisms routinely. Exorcists are trained to recognize the difference between a real possession and psychological disorders. From what I have read, they tend not to live as long as their non-exorcist counterparts.

It is very difficult calling.

Not in this diocese.

Fr Maurie, our resident exorcist is ancient. He's frail as, but he has this AMAZING spiritual strength about him.

Jenka, for a bit more discussion about "evil stuff" check out this thread on OBOB: http://www.christianforums.com/t4927452-i-believe-an-evil-force-was-present-with-me-last-night.html

It's a bit meandering, but it will give you some more insights into stuff that can happen, and what can be done about it.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A good DVD to watch in regards to Exorcism and the Catholic church is "Interview with an Excorcist" from St. Joseph Communications.

It is a recent telling of a Bishop (Fr. Jose Antonio Fortea) sent to persue the church's first PhD in exorcism.

It is a bit dry but informative.

I found the "Excorcism of Emily Rose" to be very entertaining but not very informative on excorcism.

God Bless and Peace,

Jack

Upvote 0

Jenka

ISCARIOT AGENCY XIII - Agent VII :1st-C Info Tech
Sep 16, 2005
Ottawa
Visit site
✟18,398.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thank you all..I will definitly be checking out your links. :)

I suppose it's not that I'm searching for "dark" stuff...it's more..*searches for words* Spiritual fighting, and how real or powerful it is.
I find it puts my faith in such perspective, and allows me to feel it in a real way.

It's a warrior that I envy, I would love to learn more, and how to fight.
But I suppose it is only taught to certian people, and most likely not women. :)

~Jenka

Upvote 0

helenofbritain

Oct 24, 2006
Canberra
✟21,561.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jenka, anyone can tell a demon to go jump, but sometimes they won't listen to just anyone, particularly if the person is posessed, not opressed.

If you look on the thread I posted in before, you'll see quite a feww woem have told demons where to go.

That said, priests are extra qualified, because they have extra sacramental graces working for them (baptism, confirmation AND ordination), so that helps. And since in the CC women cannot be ordained as priests, we won't get to be diocesan exoercists, but we can certainly pray our bums off, like the lay men.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jenka,

My understanding of demons is that they have supernatural powers and could destroy any of us in an instant if not for the love of God.

Angels in general have amazing powers compared to us and demons are but fallen angels. One story tells of the angel of death killing over one hundred thousand in one night. That should be but a sign of their powers.

But as in all powers they are only available at the will of God.

As Christians we are part of the church which is the body and bride of Christ so that we are taking part in his divinity. While in Christ we have the greatest protection of all.

Possessions are very rare and only at the will of God.

Since only priests with the permission of the Bishop perform these "major exorcisms" a woman would not be called for this. See Catechism 1673 for exorcism and Catechism 1577 for only men being priests.

But as children of God we should never fear demons.

God Bless and Peace,

Jack

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jenka, anyone can tell a demon to go jump, but sometimes they won't listen to just anyone, particularly if the person is posessed, not opressed.

If you look on the thread I posted in before, you'll see quite a feww woem have told demons where to go.

That said, priests are extra qualified, because they have extra sacramental graces working for them (baptism, confirmation AND ordination), so that helps. And since in the CC women cannot be ordained as priests, we won't get to be diocesan exoercists, but we can certainly pray our bums off, like the lay men.

Sorry 'Helenofbritain' for my later post. I did not see yours until after.

I apologize for repeating what you already stated.

Peace,

Jack

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Thank you all..I will definitly be checking out your links. :)

I suppose it's not that I'm searching for "dark" stuff...it's more..*searches for words* Spiritual fighting, and how real or powerful it is.
I find it puts my faith in such perspective, and allows me to feel it in a real way.

It's a warrior that I envy, I would love to learn more, and how to fight.
But I suppose it is only taught to certian people, and most likely not women. :)

~Jenka

Jenka, as someone who has seen quite a bit of 'warrior' type interaction with the demonic as a protestant, I can tell you as a Catholic it is so much better not to have to engage in such warrior activities . . . I find it is much easier and much more beneficial to turn to the saints, who are prayer warriors extraordinar, to be the warriors.

I wouldn't go back to awarring with the demonic, and neither would I seek it or desire it. . . .

When you have the saints in heaven backing you up with their prayers and intercesson, it is so much more powerful than one can do on their own or with others here.

It is hard to explain, but very, very true.

I have seen and participated in some exorcisms. . . . I have encountered the demonic personally several times in visual and auditory encounters as well as mental visions type encounters (you see them in your mind . .its hard to explain).

Really, leaning on the saints in heaven is far, far better than directly engaging the enemy here.

Upvote 0

helenofbritain

Oct 24, 2006
Canberra
✟21,561.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry 'Helenofbritain' for my later post. I did not see yours until after.

I apologize for repeating what you already stated.

Peace,

Jack
No worries Jack - it happens a lot here. It's good that we're on the same page!

Upvote 0

Jenka

Sep 16, 2005
Ottawa
Visit site
✟18,398.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Jenka, as someone who has seen quite a bit of 'warrior' type interaction with the demonic as a protestant, I can tell you as a Catholic it is so much better not to have to engage in such warrior activities . . . I find it is much easier and much more beneficial to turn to the saints, who are prayer warriors extraordinar, to be the warriors.

I wouldn't go back to awarring with the demonic, and neither would I seek it or desire it. . . .

When you have the saints in heaven backing you up with their prayers and intercesson, it is so much more powerful than one can do on their own or with others here.

It is hard to explain, but very, very true.

I have seen and participated in some exorcisms. . . . I have encountered the demonic personally several times in visual and auditory encounters as well as mental visions type encounters (you see them in your mind . .its hard to explain).

Really, leaning on the saints in heaven is far, far better than directly engaging the enemy here.

Oh I wouldnn't ever go "looking".
I just wanted to know if it's real or not. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jenka

Sep 16, 2005
Ottawa
Visit site
✟18,398.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I posted this a little while ago. It was these dreams and these "visions" for lack of better word, that made me so interested in the demonic and what I am being shown or taught.
I can only assume as these dreams were from God as I have never had a reacurring dream, much less consecutive dreams about fighting demonic forces.
*laugh* And I am still confused.

Previous Post:

"A few weeks ago, I had four consecutive dreams, all concerning demon possession.
There are only two I remember well:
The first was being brought a young girl that was possessed and I had to preform the exorcisim, the odd thing was, I wasn't frightened. I was worried, scared for the girl, but not scared of the demon. I remember my father standing close by, (for support I assume) and myself saying the words: "In the name of Jesus Christ---" Then I woke up, I remember knowing that the exorcisim didn't work, but I knew I'd have another chance...somehow.

The second dream was of a demon in a wolf's form, I had a child, apperently my own. And for some reason I had to leave my child, when I returned the wolf had eaten my child, and the wolf began to berate me and undermine me, telling me how stupid I was to leave the child by itself. I remember the wolf being black and having rasied hackles.
Yet, instead of being scared, I was angry..so angry that I began to beat the wolf, I woke up because I had kicked my wall, (I was kicking the 'wolf')

I had two other dreams, much like these ones, but it was people who were possessed that I had to help.

I don't know what these dreams mean...

Another dream I had or perhaps it was a vision, I don't really know, it was as if I was in Satan's head at the time of his rebellion.
I remember him thinking that he didn't believe that God had created him, because he couldn't remember being created. All he remembered was being surrounded by water, or the same such substance. Satan began to tell other angels of his beliefs, which caused discord, finally he went to God to challenge Him about his (being satan's) creation.
It was then that God threw him, and the others out of heaven.

What's so odd about this, is that I remembered this when my brother my mother and myself where in the van and my brother asked my mother why satan was thrown out of heaven.
Without a second thought I told this story, as if I had known it all my life, and never had questioned it.
It wasn't until my mother asked me how I knew, that I was aware that I shouldn't know this.
It was very odd, but even now...it feels more like a memory rather then a dream or vision. I remember being there...

It's all so odd and confusing."

~Jenka

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jenka maybe you should tell this to a priest. My wife would say to go to confession and tell a priest but my wife uses the confessional for small discussions and I disagree with that.

On a personal note...

When I was your age I had dreams that were prophetic. Meaning I had dreams that I would remember clearly when events unfolded in the future. Kind of like deja vue but much more like giving a picture of food taste and smell and texture.

So, I understand having recurring and unusual dreams or visions. It took my wife some time to take it seriously but after different occurances she came to accept it even if not understanding it.

Again, I think these visions of yours have you concerned so I think you should speak to your priest.

God Bless and Peace,

Jack

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.