CatholicGoogle: Your Search Engine For All Things Catholic

Bobfr

Jan 21, 2008
✟15,570.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
CatholicGoogle, a new site based on Google’s custom search, is “striving to provide an easy to use resource to anyone wanting to learn more about Catholicism and provide a safer way for good Catholics to surf the web.” The site uses a permanently-on Google SafeSearch to filter out profanity and inappropriate contentography, along with a filter for specific topics that floats Catholic-related sites to the top. For example, a search for “birth control” serves up pages on why birth control is viewed as a sin in the Catholic Church as its first results.
Source: http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/01/02/catholicgoogle-your-search-engine-for-all-things-catholic/

Now, we're safe.

Bobfr

Jan 21, 2008
✟15,570.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I am not criticizing the idea, I am a little ironic because this is not really my values (even if I've been to a Catholic school when I was young), but I actually think this is a very good idea for Catholics families, for Catholics parents who don't want let their children see some bad things.
I prefer this solution to State-filtered Internet, like there are planing to do in Australia. Parents who take their responsibility when it comes to the education of their children deserve much more respect than those who just let their children in front of a computer with no control, whatever their values may be.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,641.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL just for fun I thought I'd "test" it.

Some of the ads that came up.
(Titles only)

Lonely Housewives
Date Lonely Housewives
Meet Hot Lonely Housewives For
Lonely Housewives
Meet Naughty Girls - Free

I think they still need to tweek there settings, I only type in 4 letters and got that :D

Upvote 0