✟2,432.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
G'day All!

I am doing some studies on the teachings of Catholicism, and I was informed by a mate that I should read the catechism. Does anyone know where I can download the complete document in PDF?

If you do it would be a great help.

Thanks

Josh

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟35,618.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I dont know about .pdf format (it is very long, in my edition it is more than 600 pages)
Here you can find the whole text on-line:
- http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM or
- http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc.htm (with search box)

I suggest you to start reading the official Compendium of the Cathechism (about 140 pages), and to deep the topics you prefer on the Cathechism
Here the text:
- http://www.vatican.va/archive/compendium_ccc/documents/archive_2005_compendium-ccc_en.html
(it is not a .pdf, but it is all in one htlm page, so you can easily make yourself a .pdf)

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi, Willo,

The Knights of Columbus makes the entire catechism available on its website. I am doing a Bible Study right now that uses the catechism and the Bible, and I find it easier to search for the sections online, put them into MS Word, and read them uninterrupted than to be leafing back and forth.

http://www.kofc.org/publications/cis/catechism/index.cfm

The USCCB has the New American Bible on its website. Once again, the references are easy to find.

http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/

Reactions: Springrain
Upvote 0

gitlance

Jul 22, 2004
Earth
✟19,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am interested in the theology behind the Catholic movement, personally I don't agree with it. But I am always open to learning more information.
The Catholic "movement"? The Catholic Church is the one, true Church -- founded by Jesus Christ Himself.

Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The Catholic "movement"? The Catholic Church is the one, true Church -- founded by Jesus Christ Himself.

I caught that too but sorta think it was a mis speak or sumting. :)
You are correct of course, or one could say the Catholic Church has been "moving around" for some centuries now, starting with our Saviour. :) The ongoing movement from the days of Christ is grand!!

God bless you Willo in your studies!

-Peace-

Upvote 0

Springrain

Feb 13, 2007
✟30,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You can post any question here on OBOB and we will happy to aswer you
I do have a question....

I am running out of Holy Water. Someone told me that I can just add water to it and as long as you have a small amount that is Blessed it will cause all the water that you add to be Blessed also. Does anybody know if this is true?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
G'day All!

I am doing some studies on the teachings of Catholicism, and I was informed by a mate that I should read the catechism. Does anyone know where I can download the complete document in PDF?

If you do it would be a great help.

Thanks

Josh
Just buy one for 10-$15. I have one, but you won't find my fingerprints in it.

Upvote 0

Willo

Reformed Bapist
Apr 5, 2005
Brisbane, Queensland
Visit site
✟2,432.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals

That's where we would disagree, but as a baptist theological student I am always interested in studying more.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Does that mean that the Baptist and other Christian churches have their roots in a non-Christian church?

Or that when Jesus ascended into heaven, He did so knowing that his Church wouldn't be established until the 17th Century?

Or is it your way of saying that Catholicism has strayed too far from its Christian roots to be Christian?

I am curious as to what your reasoning is.

Upvote 0

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟35,618.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
That's where we would disagree, ....... But as I said I am always interested in studying more.

A part from the study of books, I suggest you to attend a catholic Mass.
Usually there are also Sunday Masses on Saturday evening (about 5 or 6pm), so you can attend a Mass without missing your service the Sunday morning.

You will see a lots of Christians united in worshipping the Lord: not to do "a deed", but to pray with the heart, accepting the Lord and loving each other.
And you could see what is the Eucharist for us

After that you can share with us your impressions. :)

Upvote 0

EllenMoran

Lord, I believe, help my unbelief
Mar 16, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
✟17,024.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Care to rephrase that sentence? I'm sure you didn't mean to just come into a Catholic board and tell the members here that we aren't Christian. Is it that you don't understand what certain practices have to do with Christianity?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Look Homeward Anglican

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
United States
✟10,751.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I am convinced that the Roman Catholic Church isn't a Christian church.

You are not at liberty to make such disagreements in this congregational area. This is OBOB, for Catholics. The Roman Catholic Church is the true Church that Jesus established for all mankind. You may not debate that here.

Upvote 0

Willo

Reformed Bapist
Apr 5, 2005
Brisbane, Queensland
Visit site
✟2,432.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
A part from the study of books, I suggest you to attend a catholic Mass.
Usually there are also Sunday Masses on Saturday evening (about 5 or 6pm), so you can attend a Mass without missing your service the Sunday morning.

You will see a lots of Christians united in worshipping the Lord: not to do "a deed", but to pray with the heart, accepting the Lord and loving each other.
And you could see what is the Eucharist for us

After that you can share with us your impressions. :)

I have attended a Mass and thought it very interesting. Also it was not my inention to offend, was just replying to a statment.

No intention of debating the issues here.

In Christ

Willo

Reactions: a_ntv
Upvote 0

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟35,618.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I have attended a Mass and thought it very interesting. Also it was not my inention to offend, was just replying to a statment.

No intention of debating the issues here.

In Christ

Willo

If you have any question about hte Mass you attended, be free to ask here.

Probably you don know that the central point in a Mass is not the sermon, but it is the Eucharist indeed.

Anyway in caholic churches usually there are Mass all the days of the week. So you can attend also in week-days: there is less people, usually without the sermon, and so it is a very good way to pray, particulary if add silent prayer in front the Eucharist before or after the Mass for a few time.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.