Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
*Folks in the Bible didn't set up healing events,
nor was it required that
the sick would have to
be present to get healed.

Jesus and his disciples traveled, they came in contact with
different people; not to mention the ones who came seeking Him because they'd heard he
could do healing.

Mary Magdalene was possessed by
seven evil spirits(demons)...Luke 8:1-3.
She was delivered
of those evil spirits and
became a follower of our Lord.

Not only were the sick healed, withered limbs
became
new, a severed ear was put back on(no stitches either.)
Then there's the dead who were raised to life-example...Lazarus, he'd been put in a tomb(he was clearly dead) Jesus called out Lazarus's name and he came forth from the tomb!

From all I've read in the Bible, those who got healed
stayed healed... if I missed something please let me
know.

I find this particular healing "interesting"... it's
in John 5:1-17

For me...The "interesting" part of John, chapter 5:

"Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said to him,“See, you are well!
Sin no more, that nothing worse may happen to you.”

(A similar "warning" is stated in John 8:11.)

I do know some individuals who were used by the Holy Spirit to "cast out" a demon from a witch doctor
in Haiti...the witch doctor was healed/and got saved...this happened last
year when a team from church went to Haiti to provide various helps to the people there.

Laying on of hands... Jesus and the disciples did this.

I note it was also done without actual "laying on of hands" on people...examples: Matthew 8:8; Acts 19:11-12.

This healing included more than the "laying on of hands"...
Elisha raised a child from the dead in a slightly different manner: 2Kings 4:34 "And he went up, and lay upon the child, and put his mouth upon his mouth, and his eyes upon his eyes, and his hands upon his hands: and he stretched himself upon the child; and the flesh of the child waxed warm."

1 Timothy 5:22 cautions about laying on of hands...
"Do not be hasty in the laying on of hands, and do
not share in the sins of others.
Keep yourself pure."

Don't be quick to elect/appoint someone for church office or services without full trial and examination of said person(s)... as seen in times past, there's been individuals who were put in positions in the church that they were actually unfit for said positions/and or offices.

Keep yourself pure...protect yourself from wrong-doing/sin and or "guilt by association."
Be slow to elect/appoint someone

based on the person being well-educated or charming...make sure he or she is the real deal
and not a "wolf in sheep's clothing."

"laying on of hands "...giving approval, signifying
one approves/validates.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd say this is any issue to be careful about. As my pastor said last week during a sermon, you need to make sure God is telling you someone is possessed. Because if your not sure then yelling something like "I REBUKE YOU DEMON! GET OUT OF <INSERT PERSON!" would be horrible to do if they weren't actually possessed.

Upvote 0

Mister_Al

Jun 9, 2005
✟9,656.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:43-45 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

43 But when the unclean spirit has gone out of a man, it roams through dry [arid] places in search of rest, but it does not find any.

44 Then it says, I will go back to my house from which I came out. And when it arrives, it finds the place unoccupied, swept, put in order, and decorated.

45 Then it goes and brings with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and make their home there. And the last condition of that man becomes worse than the first. So also shall it be with this wicked generation.

When a person gets saved the Holy Spirit takes over. The body is now His temple and He sweeps it, puts it in order, and decorates it when He moves in. If an evil spirit comes and tries to inhabit it he won't be able to because the house is now occupied and there is no place for the demonic spirit to dwell.

A Christian cannot have a demon because he is now the temple (dwelling place) of God and God isn't going to leave His home for a demon and He doesn't need any roommates to move in with Him.

Blessings,

Alan

Upvote 0