Carly Fiorina Thinks She’s One of Us

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Yes, sickening indeed. Here is a person worth 59 million, powerful, well connected and wealthy, and she has the nerve to say she is one of us.

These people make me puke.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/dispatches/2015/10/01/carly-fiorina-thinks-shes-one-of-us/

“Crony capitalism is alive and well,” she told Beck. “When you have big, powerful, complicated, costly government, only the wealthy, the powerful, the big and the well-connected can handle it and all the rest of us are getting crushed. And people see that, they feel it in the bones. In their bones, people know if something is so complicated I don’t understand it, I’m getting screwed.”

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, sickening indeed. Here is a person worth 59 million, powerful, well connected and wealthy, and she has the nerve to say she is one of us.

These people make me puke.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/dispatches/2015/10/01/carly-fiorina-thinks-shes-one-of-us/

“Crony capitalism is alive and well,” she told Beck. “When you have big, powerful, complicated, costly government, only the wealthy, the powerful, the big and the well-connected can handle it and all the rest of us are getting crushed. And people see that, they feel it in the bones. In their bones, people know if something is so complicated I don’t understand it, I’m getting screwed.”
Was she wrong? :scratch:

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
(shrugs) Its no secret that most of congress - for example - are wealthy. They claim to be one of us too, and have been saying that for years. Personally, I think their beltway bubble is more of a hindrance than their money.

This is about Fiorina telling us that she is not one of the wealthy, the powerful, the big and the well-connected - and cant handle it. She is worth 59 million.

This is not about people in Congress and is not about inside the beltway because Fiorino is an outsider.

I assume by your complete avoidance in mentioning Fiorino, that you don't have a problem with her pretending to be getting crushed because she is poor, not connected, small and weak?

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
She's always thought that. At HP, she used to send company-wide emails telling us how great it was that many of our jobs were being moved to Singapore.

Poor dear, she never had a single clue.
What's wrong with Singapore? You don't like Singapore?

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
See? You're getting all these lovely trips to picturesque Asia for work and complaining about it. First World Problems, or what?

Work? I guess. I made it to both countries while in the Navy. Only place worth seeing that civilian work ever sent me was Reykjavik.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums