Cardinal George: no Catholic hospitals in 2 years unless HHS mandate is rescinded

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟811,949.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There you go Yarddog, I helped you out with the numbers. Any problems with these figures take it up with Forbes. :)
Thanks for proving my point.:)

Yarddog, prove your point, what % goes to admin/operating expense..11-12%?

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My numbers? Forbes says 89%
Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were saying expenses were 11-12%. If you take total revenue ($920m) vs. "management and general" plus fund raising costs ($43m) then non-program costs are just over 4% of total revenue. That leaves 96% for programming/charity.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟811,949.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you were saying expenses were 11-12%. If you take total revenue ($920m) vs. "management and general" plus fund raising costs ($43m) then non-program costs are just over 4% of total revenue. That leaves 96% for programming/charity.
Yeah I realized what was being said and edited my post.:)

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

sure, why not, seems you were having a problem, being frustrated in defending something on emotion and not on reason or logic. Have a nice day.

That is a whole lot of tax money going to just several org's, wonder if I can get in on this sweet deal as a citizen who simply follows what's taught in the Gospels? umm...and it's tax free!

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

more of that fuzzy math you could win GOP nomination.:p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟811,949.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
sure, why not, seems you were having a problem, being frustrated in defending something on emotion and not on reason or logic. Have a nice day.
Unfortunately, I was the one using reason and logic but you wanted to use your emotions to try and show a faulty point about Catholic Charities. Imagine that. You supply the site which showed how good the CC was in using your tax dollars to help the needy people of the US. You got all puffed up.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

Unfortunately, I was the one using reason and logic but you wanted to use your emotions to try and show a faulty point about Catholic Charities. Imagine that. You supply the site which showed how good the CC was in using your tax dollars to help the needy people of the US. You got all puffed up.
yeah sure, your welcome for the help.
If anything, I consider my dollars are going to the best org, Salvation Army. Check out their stats if you dare. They raise much more money the old fashion way, feet in the street, (literally). Have a blessed day!;)

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
yes, any republican can do it, when they use correct, accurate figures supplied by a democrat. :)
But they had to ask us to add them up since math is a problem for them. "Saving by spending", after all, is not exactly a valid mathematical formula. :p

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟811,949.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
yeah sure, your welcome for the help.
If anything, I consider my dollars are going to the best org, Salvation Army. Check out their stats if you dare. They raise much more money the old fashion way, feet in the street, (literally). Have a blessed day!;)
Salvation Army Finances & Governance- charitywatch.org
Though this site does criticize the governance of the SA, it also gives them an A- rating which would be very good.

I used to give to the Salvation Army until a friend, who was an officer in the local chapter, came back from a SA convention in Memphis. He was laughing about he and all of the others at the Convention were taken back to the warehouse of the SA in Memphis and told that they could take anything that they wanted back with them. He had taken a lawn mower and I can't remember what his wife picked out.

I got pretty angry that they would take items which had been donated to help the needy. To me, it was like stealing in the name of the Lord. I haven't donated anything to the SA since and now donate my used household goods and other items to Good Will, The St. Vincent De Paul Society, or Cedar Creek Lodge(home for the handicapped).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
L

Lovely Lane

But they had to ask us to add them up since math is a problem for them. "Saving by spending", after all, is not exactly a valid mathematical formula. :p
you should know it's like any other government budget, spend it all or take a loss on next years budget, correct?
Thanks to the republican House, they let us spend a bunch. :) ummm..... why don't GOP candidates speak about the republican House?

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

Salvation Army Finances & Governance- charitywatch.org
Though this site does criticize the governance of the SA, it also gives them an A- rating which would be very good.

I used to give to the Salvation Army until a friend, who was an officer in the local chapter, came back from a SA convention in Memphis. He was laughing about he and all of the others at the Convention were taken back to the warehouse of the SA in Memphis and told that they could take anything that they wanted back with them. He had taken a lawn mower and I can't remember what his wife picked out.

I got pretty angry that they would take items which had been donated to help the needy. To me, it was like stealing in the name of the Lord. I haven't donated anything to the SA since and now donate my used household goods and other items to Good Will, The St. Vincent De Paul Society, or Cedar Creek Lodge(home for the handicapped).
yeah, guess we can find fault in human beings of any charity, right?
Former Catholic Charities worker, sister indicted in fraud case | NOLA.com

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟811,949.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
ummm..... why don't GOP candidates speak about the republican House?
They do. They constantly point out its the only branch of government actually trying to do something about the debt, the deficit and unemployment. But then you've got those darn Democratic senators ... :sigh:

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

what it proves that lovely lane was wrong when he said the money received from US government was $3 billion and you said it was much less?

If you don't think the same kind of thing happens in these other groups you are deceiving yourself. i have seen first hand how it does.

Are you angry and upset that people who earn six figure salaries shop at these stores? After all people buy brand new clothes and donate them (well they are actually more likely stolen goods but thats another topic!) and wealthy people know that and buy stuff from op shops because it is cheap. So much for helping the needy!

Never said anything different. It doesn't take away from the good which is done, as I pointed to in the site that I gave. The SA receives an A- to an A, depending on which organization, all good.

We can find corruption in every venue of our society if we look hard enough.
So it is double standards! you stopped supporting one charity because of one bad experience but when someone points to one connected to your denomination then it is a case of well there are bad people everywhere.

Upvote 0